• 1 points
    • 2 points
    • 3 points
  14. 14. "What Love Can Do" by ludomichel

• 0 points
    • 1 points
    • 2 points
    • 3 points

So this is how we will do it: a Eurovision Song Contest style vote. This means you can assign points between 0-3 to all songs. After the voting ends sometime on January 28, all the points will be put together, and the song with the most points wins.

If two or more songs receive the same number of points, there will be a new vote among those songs in question.

Please note that if you want to be sure to have a say, submit your vote by Saturday January 27. At some point during Sunday January 28 - probably in the afternoon Denmark time - I will close the poll in order to give myself enough time to count the points. Since this might be a pretty big task with potential for errors, I would be very happy if others would volunteer to count the points, too, in order to verify the result. Please contact me by PM if you are interested.

Listen to the songs.

Happy voting! May the odds be ever in your favor, and let the best song win!

• Like 3

Think we can make this an every year event? There doesn't need to be prize just bragging rights and title of King or Queen (if they ever decide to join) of the mountain. I found that this challenged me creatively as I had to arrange and write little bits here or there. It also made me step outside of my comfort zone vocally. 

• Like 2

Just an observation but it appears that if someone awards a particular song '0' points the system still records a '1' (i.e the number down the right hand side) .    Or am I misreading the results table? 

I meant to say, if any participants don't endorse me keeping a file of your song for my own personal use, drop me a pm and I'll delete it.

7 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I meant to say, if any participants don't endorse me keeping a file of your song for my own personal use, drop me a pm and I'll delete it.

I'm fine with it. Rock on dude.

Unless you profit from it then I'll sue the hell out of you. And then Bruce will sue me.

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2

Profit?

Please. None of you were that good.

I kid. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Feel free to share mine with whoever you'd like. And if they like that, get ahold of me and I'll drop you my Facebook music page.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Ditto...

I will have your songs in the car this week to listen to properly and in-between other songs, so I get to hear them properly a few times before I vote at the end of the week.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eileen said:

I couldn't give anybody 0 points. Just having a go is worth a point, don't you think?

You would think but I don't let it bother me and I don't think the others do either. Everyone of these contestants should be damn proud of the job they did. They are all winners as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Junglelander said:

You would think but I don't let it bother me and I don't think the others do either. Everyone of these contestants should be damn proud of the job they did. They are all winners as far as I'm concerned. 

It's just personal taste. I try not to be bothered when people say they hate one of my songs and I try not to be very excited when people say they love. At the end of the day, different people will have very different feelings towards the same thing and that's ok.

But maybe next time we could do without the 0 points option an maybe just have 1, 2, 3 and 4. It's basically the same but it has a far smaller potentional for hurting someone's ego! :)

I'm dying to be able to talk about some of these songs, btw. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Tom-Joad said:

But maybe next time we could do without the 0 points option an maybe just have 1, 2, 3 and 4. It's basically the same but it has a far smaller potentional for hurting someone's ego! :)

I considered quite a lot whether just to have 1-3 rather than 0-3, but if I'd done that, 1 would have just equaled 0,  people would have given 1 point to songs they would have otherwise given 0 points, only if you give a song 1 point it might be a decisive point that means a song wins... which is not what those giving it 1 point would have wanted. This way you can express that you don't care for a song at all (0) and also that you may not care too much for a song, but you still want to reward the effort (1).

I promise somehow i will find time to listen and no way would i give anybody a zero 

8 hours ago, Eileen said:

I couldn't give anybody 0 points. Just having a go is worth a point, don't you think?

I'm just guessing, but I wonder if 0 was automatically assigned if you didn't vote? That was my guess because I completely agree with you. I think you have to complete your vote for all of them at one time and can't go in and edit to finish if you haven't listened to them all.

• Like 1

Gave myself 0 points as I wouldn’t vote on myself (I know - I’ll never be a politician). Should have just bypassed my own song Instead though :D

As others say I cannot wait to discuss some of these great versions.  

There is 1 I believe is better than Bruces original and several are very very interesting. 

11 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

There is 1 I believe is better than Bruce's original and several are very very interesting. 

That my friend, will be the first thing i ask you about when this is all over 

• Like 3

Interesting thing this time around is just how good some of the vocal performances are -  normally a weakness in these 'competitions'. (Not referring to my own)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tom-Joad said:

I'm dying to be able to talk about some of these songs, btw. 

I understand the reason for not discussing songs in detail for objectivity, for a while. But at this point I would be in favor of lifting the gag order and let be what will be. I think people can make up they're own minds.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phantomengineer said:

I understand the reason for not discussing songs in detail for objectivity, for a while. But at this point I would be in favor of lifting the gag order and let be what will be. I think people can make up they're own minds.

Can we please @CosmicKid?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phantomengineer said:

I agree... Dying to chat about this material.