Not to listen to but with respect to nostalgia it is.  

Dancing In The Dark is a great song and the version on Broadway is stellar.  

• Like 2

super fromage

dancing is a beautiful song. i generally really like bitusa. most of the hatred for it is very hipstery.

i wish you all would stop talking about this broadway shit.

• Like 1

My Hometown is where calvo and I started our tears. Was so beautiful.  And the older dude beside him was crying, great album indeed. 

Born in the USA is one where, in my opinion, once you get deeper into Bruce's music, it stops being that "oh no I can't listen to that, it's so mainstream" song and becomes the fucking final boss of Springsteen songs. The kind that makes you say "here we fucking go" when he starts playing it live. 

A card up Bruce's sleeve, so to speak. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

My Hometown is where calvo and I started our tears. Was so beautiful.  And the older dude beside him was crying, great album indeed. 

BLOCKED

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Born in the USA is one where, in my opinion, once you get deeper into Bruce's music, it stops being that "oh no I can't listen to that, it's so mainstream" song and becomes the fucking final boss of Springsteen songs. The kind that makes you say "here we fucking go" when he starts playing it live. 

A card up Bruce's sleeve, so to speak. 

the whole album is great, except for glory days and i'm going down. i've never had any issue with the song, because, y'know, the words. i kinda dig 80s cheesy shit so the production works for me too, but i pay him for the words.

another opinion: the worst thing about springsteen is that my voice is a bit lower than his and i find it difficult to sing along sometimes.

25 minutes ago, PoetDownHere said:

the whole album is great, except for glory days and i'm going down. i've never had any issue with the song, because, y'know, the words. i kinda dig 80s cheesy shit so the production works for me too, but i pay him for the words.

I'm Goin' Down is one of my favourite Springsteen songs. 

• Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, PoetDownHere said:

another opinion: the worst thing about springsteen is that my voice is a bit lower than his and i find it difficult to sing along sometimes.

I find this post funny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like im going down and glory days 

I like kitty better !

But will always have a soft spot for all of BITUSA because thats just the age i am

5 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I like im going down and glory days 

I like kitty better !

But will always have a soft spot for all of BITUSA because thats just the age i am

I agree with most of this :D

Those two....No Surrender and Downbound Train definitely my Top 4

• Like 2

If your in the car on a long drive and the Live 75-85 version comes up on shuffle...It,s a great song

• Like 1

I'm with you on this one. Can't stand Glory Days either :P By far the weakest song on the album. I always skip the song when it pops up on my iTunes. 

i mean i'll listen to pony boy if it comes on the shuffle but i think that has more to do with my relationship with my dad and/or bruce than the quality of the song.

On ‎24‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 8:11 PM, PoetDownHere said:

glory days is not a great song

2 hours ago, Wout said:

I'm with you on this one. Can't stand Glory Days either :P By far the weakest song on the album. 

Glory Days is my least favourite song on the BUSA album.

But Glory Days is also a sad song, about people in their early 30s who realise the best years of their life are already behind them. They like to meet and talk about the time when they were young, their 'Glory Days', because the present has nothing to offer. They are not really (very) happy now, their life  is dull and boring now; and will maybe stay so until they die. Those sad lyrics are hidden by the joyous (and good but not great) music.