Sign in to follow this  
Walker in the sun

Superbowl half-time performance - ranked

23 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I thought the Bruce one was pretty awful to be honest 

Other than the knee slide, which was top drawer. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It gave us this badass visual as well, don't forget that

8526785727_1578e0dddf.jpg

Wasn't a fan to be honest. On another thread, Billy B mentione Vegas, to me thus was far more Vegas than anything that's taking place on Broadway. 

Mrntion of obvious miming from Beyoncé, above just makes me wonder, is all we're after really well hidden miming? The band were prerecord, they turned and pretended they were playing the show, but the fakery was so good, we kind of forget. The best bit was the knee slide, simply because it tore off the veneer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the calvary said:

Wasn't a fan to be honest. On another thread, Billy B mentione Vegas, to me thus was far more Vegas than anything that's taking place on Broadway. 

Mrntion of obvious miming from Beyoncé, above just makes me wonder, is all we're after really well hidden miming? The band were prerecord, they turned and pretended they were playing the show, but the fakery was so good, we kind of forget. The best bit was the knee slide, simply because it tore off the veneer. 

I think it's going to seem more Vegas solely based on the whole "spectacle" of it all in comparison to the intimacy of Broadway. I'll definitely say the choir reeked of Vegas, but meh, I don't really care about that. I enjoyed the whole 13 minutes.

And yeah, really well hidden meaning is what we're after I'd say. If everything was being 'faked', mimed and was pre-recorded, I'm cool with it just as long as it's done well enough to where I don't notice, and disbelief can be suspended, or something like that. 

I'm batting for Gaga, she was ace last year.

To this day I've never noticed (or indeed cared) about Beyonce miming.

She could read the phone book and she'd have my rapt attention.

I recall U2 being quite good.

TBH I generally spend half time going for a gypsy's and making snacks and coffee so dinna pay much heed to it.

4 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Why on Earth would someone rank Beyoncé 2nd?

From memory it was an absolute calamity of a performance with blatant lip syncing and it just reeked of poor performance planning. 

It's a world gone mad.

• Haha 1

Never much of a fan of Bruce's half-time show, a lot has to do with the butchering of Born To Run (I mean, you just don't do that, even if you're Bruce) and the inclusion of WOAD. I also think the performance itself was so-so. I'm sure it was a big deal and fun for Bruce & co, but I think it was a poor desicion to participate. 

Prince's half-time, though... wow. That was amazing and although I haven't seen many half-time shows, how can any show top that? 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ann Jones said:

I have only ever watched one half time show, so can’t comment on any of the others.

Same here.

21 hours ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Prince's half-time, though... wow. That was amazing and although I haven't seen many half-time shows, how can any show top that? 

And in the pouring rain, too! 

• Like 4

Aerosmith SUCKED, Beyonce didn't interest me much, Prince was awesome, Bruce was great with a nice flow, Tom Petty rocked. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ProveItAllNight747 said:

U2's show was the best without doubt

It was definitely the most emotional.

I'm gonna watch Bruce again this year as Justin Timberlake makes me boak 

• Haha 1