JimCT

Come on you Spurs!

30 minutes ago, AMIW said:

spurs having the same kind of problems with video replay in their game tonight that Liverpool had a few weeks ago

Not helped by a staggering ignorance of the rules regarding penalty taking. Players often stutter in their run up, but Son stopped for a cup of tea!

• Haha 1

I wish they'd use an orange ball, I've hardly seen this one since half time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

definitely cheating - but I bet JimCt won't agree!

just landed back in FL after no wifi on the plane. Will gladly watch all the scoring when I get home. 

1 minute ago, JimCT said:

just landed back in FL after no wifi on the plane. Will gladly watch all the scoring when I get home. 

must not be a Polaris class member...

Just now, AMIW said:

must not be a Polaris class member...

The thought of flying United in any class turns my stomach

19 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Mind you, Rochdale never saw it in the second half either.

• Haha 1

@Born To Walk, just wondering. Yorkshire, Trying to get my bearings of where everything is in your great country. So I Goggled Yorkshire, So are you a Leeds or Huddlesfield supports or elsewhere, if you don't mind me asking.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

@Born To Walk, just wondering. Yorkshire, Trying to get my bearings of where everything is in your great country. So I Goggled Yorkshire, So are you a Leeds or Huddlesfield supports or elsewhere, if you don't mind me asking.

I was born in York and have watched York City for over 35 years though thin and thinner. 

Last year we were relegated to the 6th tier of English football for the first time ever. Hard times. 

Over the years I've seen York beat Arsenal in the FA Cup and twice take the great Liverpool side of the 80's to 6th round replays. We knocked Man Utd and Everton out of the League Cup over two legs in the 90s in the days before they played their reserve sides and beat Chelsea in the first leg before losing on aggregate. It doesn't seem that many years since we were in the same division as Man City, and beat them on the way to them being promoted and us relegated.

We're due to move to a new Community Stadium after next season. Shame as I think I have the best seat in the ground:

Capture.JPG

• Like 4

Wonderful finish by Son for his second, but that assist from Kane was beautiful! :):) 

Bit sad that , really wanted Spurs to get further

Football in a crazy state of affairs (not that we need confirmation).

Spurs - a side which has won nothing for god knows how long - get beat narrowly over 2 legs by an elite European side and Poch is getting murdered.

This is a very good Spurs side who are developing to levels they’ve not been at before. They will keep developing. Hopefully Poch stays with them.

The game and fans are so ultra reactive it’s insane.

Outside of City I think they’ll be the 2nd best side in the Prem next season. 

5 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Football in a crazy state of affairs (not that we need confirmation).

Spurs - a side which has won nothing for god knows how long - get beat narrowly over 2 legs by an elite European side and Poch is getting murdered.

This is a very good Spurs side who are developing to levels they’ve not been at before. They will keep developing. Hopefully Poch stays with them.

The game and fans are so ultra reactive it’s insane.

Outside of City I think they’ll be the 2nd best side in the Prem next season. 

It's yer modern day, entitled, "football was invented in 1992" fans that are the issue.

• Like 1

more bad news for Spurs fans - the other team in North London are showing them how to beat an Italian team :P

34 minutes ago, AMIW said:

more bad news for Spurs fans - the other team in North London are showing them how to beat an Italian team :P

Yes - in a second rate competition.

I think most fair minded football fans feel sorry for Spurs. Their manager plays nice football and financially they can’t compete with the big boys.

They can’t feel sorry for themselves though, they are far too close to 5th place for comfort if they have a CL exit hangover. 

I don’t think they do feel sorry for themselves. No side enjoys being knocked out of a tournament.

They’re a very good side and they’ll grow into a better one.