JimCT

Come on you Spurs!

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, AMIW said:

spurs having the same kind of problems with video replay in their game tonight that Liverpool had a few weeks ago

Not helped by a staggering ignorance of the rules regarding penalty taking. Players often stutter in their run up, but Son stopped for a cup of tea!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they'd use an orange ball, I've hardly seen this one since half time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I wish they'd use an orange ball, I've hardly seen this one since half time.

definitely cheating - but I bet JimCt won't agree!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just landed back in FL after no wifi on the plane. Will gladly watch all the scoring when I get home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JimCT said:

just landed back in FL after no wifi on the plane. Will gladly watch all the scoring when I get home. 

must not be a Polaris class member...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AMIW said:

must not be a Polaris class member...

The thought of flying United in any class turns my stomach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I wish they'd use an orange ball, I've hardly seen this one since half time.

Mind you, Rochdale never saw it in the second half either.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Born To Walk, just wondering. Yorkshire, Trying to get my bearings of where everything is in your great country. So I Goggled Yorkshire, So are you a Leeds or Huddlesfield supports or elsewhere, if you don't mind me asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

@Born To Walk, just wondering. Yorkshire, Trying to get my bearings of where everything is in your great country. So I Goggled Yorkshire, So are you a Leeds or Huddlesfield supports or elsewhere, if you don't mind me asking.

I was born in York and have watched York City for over 35 years though thin and thinner. 

Last year we were relegated to the 6th tier of English football for the first time ever. Hard times. 

Over the years I've seen York beat Arsenal in the FA Cup and twice take the great Liverpool side of the 80's to 6th round replays. We knocked Man Utd and Everton out of the League Cup over two legs in the 90s in the days before they played their reserve sides and beat Chelsea in the first leg before losing on aggregate. It doesn't seem that many years since we were in the same division as Man City, and beat them on the way to them being promoted and us relegated.

We're due to move to a new Community Stadium after next season. Shame as I think I have the best seat in the ground:

 

Capture.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful finish by Son for his second, but that assist from Kane was beautiful! :):) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit sad that , really wanted Spurs to get further

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football in a crazy state of affairs (not that we need confirmation).

Spurs - a side which has won nothing for god knows how long - get beat narrowly over 2 legs by an elite European side and Poch is getting murdered.

This is a very good Spurs side who are developing to levels they’ve not been at before. They will keep developing. Hopefully Poch stays with them.

The game and fans are so ultra reactive it’s insane.

Outside of City I think they’ll be the 2nd best side in the Prem next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Football in a crazy state of affairs (not that we need confirmation).

Spurs - a side which has won nothing for god knows how long - get beat narrowly over 2 legs by an elite European side and Poch is getting murdered.

This is a very good Spurs side who are developing to levels they’ve not been at before. They will keep developing. Hopefully Poch stays with them.

The game and fans are so ultra reactive it’s insane.

Outside of City I think they’ll be the 2nd best side in the Prem next season. 

It's yer modern day, entitled, "football was invented in 1992" fans that are the issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

more bad news for Spurs fans - the other team in North London are showing them how to beat an Italian team :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AMIW said:

more bad news for Spurs fans - the other team in North London are showing them how to beat an Italian team :P

Yes - in a second rate competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most fair minded football fans feel sorry for Spurs. Their manager plays nice football and financially they can’t compete with the big boys.

They can’t feel sorry for themselves though, they are far too close to 5th place for comfort if they have a CL exit hangover. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think they do feel sorry for themselves. No side enjoys being knocked out of a tournament.

They’re a very good side and they’ll grow into a better one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.