JimCT

Come on you Spurs!

8 hours ago, Royston Vasey said:

I did read that Josés salary will be £8Mpa presumably with top ups for winning trophies and top 4 finishes etc, and on a 3.5 year contract expiring mid 2023.

Everything will naturally implode and combust before then, it’s just a question of when (!), whereupon Levy will have to pay up the remainder of the contract to José.....and his merry band of bag carriers.

It really is a most extraordinary appointment, and surely the Levy/José will soon become toxic.

Already announced, no money to spend in January......not the type of playing field José likes.

Then there is the style of football.....Spurs fans at The Lane will be dreading actually going one up too early in games......as José then packs the defence, parks the bus, and digs in for a hard fought one nil victory. It will be desperate viewing !

2 hours ago, High As Hope said:

The team selection for the CL final has certainly been sitting on Pochettino's shoulder ever since & maybe time had run its course for him but as per usual it's the fans that will suffer from the resultant car crash that's pretty much bound to happen from here on with the grumpy one,it's a pity that in these days of player power someone like Kane doesn't call a press conference & say he's not playing for the club while this idiot is in charge,whilst Poch may not have won a trophy he's left the club in a much better state than when he took over which is basically the opposite of what the grumpy one does.

I guess it depends on what you want as a fan,short term success v long term stability.

The grumpy one has one of the best average points per game ratios in PL history,the trouble is that in Pep & Klopp there are currently 2 managers with better ratios.

Spurs had a bunch of crappy choices. Replace now, or later? If not now, then at a loss of the season the way things were going. Delay until the summer, however, may open up alternatives not available now. If now, then interim or permanent? If interim, likely no better than Poch, and probably actually worse. If you're not improving the result on the field and in the table then why do it at all. I had read trial balloons floated for Chris Hughton, for example. As much as I like him and his ties to the clubs past, he probably was a stop-gap at best. 

Once you choose "Now" and "not interim" then you are left with available. Not many of sufficient stature to take on this challenge, managers with reputations and skills commensurate with what the team believes themselves to be. It's pointless to throw out names of managers of teams actively in competition - Eddie Howe, Brendan Rogers, Rafa, the RB Leipzig manager. There is no reasonable compensation number (i.e., any one that Levy might actually pay) that would pry any of those names loose.

The one point that resonates with me is that José knows that this is his last rodeo in the EPL. This will be the final entry in his biographical ledger. There is no fallback position, no other team that could offer one more chance to burnish his legacy. This is the hill on which he will die, metaphorically, or raise the flag in victory. I'm obviously hoping the latter. Time will tell.

On 11/20/2019 at 8:23 AM, Patched Tube said:

The ego has landed.

• Haha 4

In a weird perverted way I'm kinda glad he's back. Thought he was a great pundit so it's a shame he won't be doing that anymore.

So Poch to Bayern and United stuck with Ole at the wheel. I can live with that. Mourinho is the price we have to pay.

I loved the but in the interview how he said he wasn’t going to make the same mistakes again,,,

I look forward as much as @JimCT dreads him making entirely different mistakes

:ph34r:

While WHU looks pathetic, I'm really pleased with the lineup and the first half. Getting Dele in form, in the middle, is huge - he and Kane and Son have always had great chemistry IMO. That's what drew me to become a fan in the first place. And I'm very happy to see Lucas back starting, as I think that he and Son together offer so much pace to threaten defenses.

It's only 45 minutes, but it's never too early to start well. The game Tuesday against Olympiacos is actually pretty important, as a win guarantees KO stage matches.

• Like 1

Harry Kane nearly killed and it appears he got booked for worst performance by male actor.

3 0 up to 3 2 did the evil cheese tell the players it was a 90 minute game

• Like 1

Little ragged for the final 10 minutes, but 3 points and up to 6th for the moment is a decent beginning.

This goal, Dele to Sonny to Lucas, was just too good not to watch over and over

• Like 1

Maureen starts Sissoko, and he scores for the first time in ~95 appearances. The Special One :D

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

This is what football is all about, superb and a must watch 

José on a charm offensive. Not only did he go out of his way to appreciate this ball boy's efforts during the original play, both immediately after the play but also later during the press conference, but he then invited him to this pre-match meal, with the obvious result. After seeing this, now the team will invite a different ball boy/girl to each pre-match meal at home games. Just wonderful.

Presumably the pre match meal includes a grilled cheese sandwich or Mac + cheese

Evil Cheese spotted leaving the hotel where he lived when he was the Evil One at Man U

f5f1b779-88d5-4f0e-b4fb-f9aa06f21bf3.jpg

teams are in 

man u bring back young and mctominay but lose martial - sadly no phil jones

spurs pretty much the usual suspects

27 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Do you think the bus will be late getting there? 

They deliberately chose a budget hotel that allowed a non-congested route to the stadium so as to avoid that issue ;)

ETA link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7748587/Jose-Mourinho-Tottenham-stay-budget-70-night-hotel-Manchester-United-game.html

• Haha 1

Man U are legally required to be awarded a penalty in every home game - please read the laws of the game 

• Haha 2