Greasy Lake Community

Come on you Spurs!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was born in York and have watched York City for over 35 years though thin and thinner.  Last year we were relegated to the 6th tier of English football for the first time ever. Hard times. 

Pure class by EFC  

Posted Images

On 2/26/2020 at 10:41 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

Due to a wonderful surprise and gesture from all at THFC, we now have 2 spare tickets (centre line seats, upper stand) for the game on Sunday against Wolves, if any one is interested please let me know.

Nice offer. I’m looking forward to our first trip to their new stadium in a couple of weeks after being successful in the united away ticket ballot. 

45 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Nice offer. I’m looking forward to our first trip to their new stadium in a couple of weeks after being successful in the united away ticket ballot. 

a lot of the utd fans will live closer to the ground than some of the spurs fans

On 2/26/2020 at 10:41 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

Due to a wonderful surprise and gesture from all at THFC, we now have 2 spare tickets (centre line seats, upper stand) for the game on Sunday against Wolves, if any one is interested please let me know.

Nice to see a Scottish man going to watch an English Premier League game live ..rather than watch it on the telly B)

8 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Only one game on telly and it’s not the dr o boogie game:(

no loris in the 18, vertonghen and alderweild dropped

and winks is captain

And Parrott is at least on the bench, hopefully he gets some minutes

Great result and a little justice for the home tie where Wolves annihilated Spurs for 90 mins only to end up losing.

Better Call Jim and the other plastics will have to support Inter Miami or something as this Tottenham side are nowhere near good enough for a Champions League place. 

Firstly the stadium is just fantastic and the hospitality was first class, only downside is how far the stadium is from the nearest underground station, when we were in Milan to see Bruce a few years ago they had just started to build a new underground station right outside the stadium, this is badly needed here, although THFC do have a free bus scheme from a nearby undergournd station, but this has to be pre-booked. Obviously every thing is new so it looks great but there is certainly a quality about the construction which should mean it will retain its "newness" for quite some time, and just on that new theme, the staff are more than helpful but they too are still coming to terms with how "their system" works and there were some small issues with service and billing, but nothing too serious, in fact it meant we got a free round in, and for some reason I did not notice until we were going home after the match.;) Had a mouth watering three course meal with wine and beer before the game, great seats on the halfway line 16 rows from the touchline, free beer and snacks at half time, and a few jars whilst watching the cup final in the lounge after the game, all courtesy of THFC, thank you so much. 

As for the match, for a near 60,000 crowd the atmosphere for the most part was pretty poor, the better team won, Wolves had no passengers and ALL their players worked their sock off to come from behind twice to get the win, Spurs carried a few players and over the course of the match this was not good enough to get a win. I would have to conclude that IMHO the product is far overpriced and how a mum and dad with young children, wanting to see their team each week, could afford it is beyond me.

• Like 1