Greasy Lake Community

Come on you Spurs!

JimCT

5 minutes ago, JimCT said:

I'm new to European football. But one thing I've picked up on is that stories "linking" a player to a team as a prospective transfer are NOT subject to journalistic integrity or vetting thru multiple sources. I view them as little more than the liquor-infused musings of the journalist involved until proven otherwise.

Yeah, I pay little attention to the transfer market for just that reason; mostly hot air.  Far more useful to wait until it closes and the see who actually did what.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JimCT said:

The fundamental problem with your assertion is that we do not actually know what Citeh have offered. Was it £100mm? Was it £75mm + add-ons that get to £100mm? Did they ever raise it past that? All of this is speculation. No one has ever reliably reported a number north of that.

If Grealish was worth £100mm, for a player not even nailed on to start, then Kane, the England Captain and acknowledged by most to be one of the best strikers in the world, was worth more, and certainly the rumored £150mm valuation Levy allegedly holds seems reasonable. I said earlier that if the offer was actually £125-130 plus Bernardo (that one article suggested) then Levy should absolutely take it - but there is no actual evidence that an offer that big was actually on the table. 

If Levy indeed put a £150mm valuation on him, then all Citeh had to do was meet it, and early enough in the window for Spurs to use the proceeds to refresh the team. That seems pretty straightforward. No transfer like that could get done at this point, IMO, as Spurs would not have time to replace him.

Charlie Kane seems to have floated the story that Spurs hung Harry out to dry. Actually, Citeh did.

I agree that there's been so much speculation,the problem is that the speculation has just dragged on when someone could have put a stop to it somewhere along the line,either Levy saying pay up 150 million or shut up,City saying we're not paying stupid money or Kane himself actually saying something rather than waiting to see what happens.The problem these days is that is seems to be about what agents want rather than the player & it's the agents that seem to put a lot of the nonsense out there to fan the flames to see if they can get as much money as possible for them & the player they represent,it just seems all about the money these days rather than what is actually best for the player.

3 hours ago, High As Hope said:

I agree that there's been so much speculation,the problem is that the speculation has just dragged on when someone could have put a stop to it somewhere along the line,either Levy saying pay up 150 million or shut up,City saying we're not paying stupid money or Kane himself actually saying something rather than waiting to see what happens.The problem these days is that is seems to be about what agents want rather than the player & it's the agents that seem to put a lot of the nonsense out there to fan the flames to see if they can get as much money as possible for them & the player they represent,it just seems all about the money these days rather than what is actually best for the player.

As I said before, I am a newcomer to Euro football. Clarity is seemingly absent. The selling club doesn’t want it, as they want to be able to spend the proceeds without prices inflating. Oh, you sold Harry Kane? Any qualified replacement just went up in price, a lot. Oh, you have an excess right back that you have to pay but you’ll never play? We’ll take him, but at a reduced price. The machinations of managing the ins/outs are very tricky, more so because there are rarely “trades” as we see in US pro sports. And as the window end approaches it gets harder, as replacing a quality starter becomes next to impossible, and any unloading is at truly distressed prices. 

• Like 2

the extremely less glamorous euro cup draw

Spurs face trips to France, the Netherlands and Slovenia

Slovenian side Mura complete Group G. Spurs fans here you go:

Tottenham

Stade Rennes

Vitesse Arnhem

Mura

• Like 1

Sissoko starts for watford 2 days after leaving spurs that could be interesting to watch

apparently nuno wants to offload ndombele and aurier so they will end up with a small squad

2 minutes ago, JimCT said:

STOP THE COUNT! STOP THE COUNT!

:D :D :D 

Arsenal are quite clearly winning the league by a landslide, but their points keep getting flipped and given to Spurs. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

Two spurs players to defy the ban on travel to red list countries

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58379359

and miss several games

Reading several articles, the sticky point is the requirement to quarantine in your room at a government-specified hotel, with limited exercise opportunity. If I had to guess, Spurs may seek to have the Lodge at their training site designated as eligible, so the players could quarantine there, but work out on private fields. If so, and they skipped the final of the three natinal team games, they could be eligible for, and more importantly, physically fit for, the Chelsea game 9/17. Not ideal, but managable.

Interesting that article only spoke about the Argies. Sanchez was/is also an issue, as Columbia is also a problem. He's been good so far this season, so maybe he's made a decision to stay and work for Spurs, and his starting spot. 

Tottenham and Serge Aurier in talks over a mutual contract termination.

If agreed, the defender essentially becomes a free transfer and can join another club beyond the deadline.

It would bring to an end his four year spell at the club.

Interesting shenanigans ahead of the Brazil v Argentina game

tge health minister says that the uk based Argentinians can’t play and have to be quartinned, 2 of them are spurs players

i am sure this has nothing to do with the uk based Brazilians staying home and Brazil fielding a b team 

surely he is not playing politics given how well Brazil has done with covid:blink: