Sign in to follow this  
Tom-Joad

Lucinda Williams writing her memoirs

28 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/11/arts/music/lucinda-williams-singer-and-prolific-songwriter-is-writing-a-memoir.html

There's one I will definitely be buying. She has some recognition but I think she's very underrated.

You are without doubt correct to say that she is VERY underrated, especially in this country, I find that I play her music as often if not more that I do Bruce, had the pleasue to spend 4 hours in her company after a show in Perth Scotland a few years back, great evening and a fascinating,gentle and warm  lady this is one I also will be getting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

You are without doubt correct to say that she is VERY underrated, especially in this country, I find that I play her music as often if not more that I do Bruce, had the pleasue to spend 4 hours in her company after a show in Perth Scotland a few years back, great evening and a fascinating,gentle and warm  lady this is one I also will be getting.

I still haven't been able to go to one of her shows... There's always something that gets in the way... But there are times when I too listen to her more than I do anybody else. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom-Joad said:

I still haven't been able to go to one of her shows... There's always something that gets in the way... But there are times when I too listen to her more than I do anybody else. 

Probably been to almost 20 shows, had a few beers with her husband Tom and Doug Pettibone in the pub across the road from the venue after a show in Edinburgh a few years back, but like Bruce there is always that elusive live track you have never experienced, mine is Blue, would love to hear Lucinda do this one live, even the recorded version is so emotional and heartfelt.

• Like 1

I've seen her quite a few times, though not in the last 10 years or so. (Time flies.)

Looking forward to reading this. Her writing is so stellar.

• Like 1

Been lucky enough to see her three different times.  Last time was a couple of years ago in a small neighborhood theatre near my home.

What a great voice, and what a stellar writer.  One of my favorite lines from her is: 

"Feel like I been shot and didn't fall down; Well, it's over, I know, but I can't let go."

She’s working on a new album and, from her description, I’m excited!

https://ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/local-arts/qa-lucinda-williams-takes-break-from-studio-to-play-cityfolk?fbclid=IwAR2Q0A0yPpKb2mUWKEsf0kY8a5NqatK_dSIEgNpjXPqKqUajRZFMx8mhE6I

Q: What’s the vibe of the music? 

A: I’m glad you asked that because it’s really raw and edgy garage rock, like a Black Keys, White Stripes vibe. Just really rocky, grungy. I have some ballads, too, some slower, more sensitive songs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Joad said:

She’s working on a new album and, from her description, I’m excited!

https://ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/local-arts/qa-lucinda-williams-takes-break-from-studio-to-play-cityfolk?fbclid=IwAR2Q0A0yPpKb2mUWKEsf0kY8a5NqatK_dSIEgNpjXPqKqUajRZFMx8mhE6I

Q: What’s the vibe of the music? 

A: I’m glad you asked that because it’s really raw and edgy garage rock, like a Black Keys, White Stripes vibe. Just really rocky, grungy. I have some ballads, too, some slower, more sensitive songs.

Thanks for putting the link up. In the Car Wheels shows I caught in the UK a couple of references were made to how much fun it is to play ‘rawk’, so the prospect of a couple of loud & dirty 2020 releases excites me. The book would be the cherry on top.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2018 at 5:08 PM, sonicramone said:

What a great voice, and what a stellar writer.  One of my favorite lines from her is: 

"Feel like I been shot and didn't fall down; Well, it's over, I know, but I can't let go."

Actually that song isn't written by her. 

1 hour ago, stillilllife said:

Actually that song isn't written by her. 

Thanks for pointing that out.   Only song in the album not written by her.   Great line though.  

• Like 1