EFC Refugee

Brian Fallon in Manchester last night

Great gig and he took a picture of the crowd, after a discussion about having Bruce's number, then allegedly sent it to the man himself! Could well have been blagging, who knows.

• Like 2

Off to see Mr Fallon in Camden tomorrow night.  Been a relentless week at work and this has been keeping me going throughout.

Plus releasing an archive show I skipped has meant I could listen to Sleepwalkers non stop too.

It was a good show. The band is a stripped back 4 piece. Couple of surprises on the encores....

He nattered on even more than usual. The Bruce text came at the end of a long conversation with the crowd about wanting the number of Noel Gallagher, who he noted has a 28" waist...

I've seen Brian twice this week, in Kingston and Birmingham, and going to Nottingham tonight. He has been sensational, as has Dave Hause supporting. I told him after the Kingston show that he's second only to Bruce in my musical rankings and he commented that that makes him the 'Assistant Manager' to Bruce's 'Boss' which I liked.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheBoss1975 said:

I've seen Brian twice this week, in Kingston and Birmingham, and going to Nottingham tonight. He has been sensational, as has Dave Hause supporting. I told him after the Kingston show that he's second only to Bruce in my musical rankings and he commented that that makes him the 'Assistant Manager' to Bruce's 'Boss' which I liked.

David House was the best  have seen him in Manchester. really had the crowd going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBoss1975 said:

If you check out his instagram from 5 days ago (an article) he hashtags #imassistantmanager so I think you've found your claim to fame!

3 hours ago, EFC Refugee said:

David House was the best  have seen him in Manchester. really had the crowd going.

I saw Dave Hause, along with Chuck Ragan and Dan Andriano at the Shepherd's Bush 02 a few years ago.  It was a really great show.

• Like 1

I was also at that show jmw. It was the revival tour I think.

I've also been to Brian's Kingston and Camden shows this week. I've been following him since Hyde Park 2009 and this is the best I've heard him perform. Dave Hause was great too. Looking forward to the GA tour in July.

• Like 4

I’ve never been a big B. Fallon fan, but a friend just recommended I listen to Sleepwalkers. I put it on while I was working. I ended up stopping what I was doing to listen when Etta James care on. I’m glad I gave it a listen. I think I’ll be checking to see when he’s playing here. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bluebonnets said:

I’ve never been a big B. Fallon fan, but a friend just recommended I listen to Sleepwalkers. I put it on while I was working. I ended up stopping what I was doing to listen when Etta James care on. I’m glad I gave it a listen. I think I’ll be checking to see when he’s playing here. 

Couldn't recommend his body of work more. Any Boss fan should love the '59 Sound he did with the Gaslight Anthem!

• Like 1

Brian Fallon was fantastic in Camden.  Great little venue too.

Have seen Dave Hause a few times now too, both supporting Gaslight, Brian Fallon and headlining his own shows.  Would recommend all of his solo albums but especially Devour and Bury me in Philly.  He did a lovely cover of I won't back down in honour of Tom Petty too.

On 24/02/2018 at 3:22 PM, janeymarywendy said:

I saw Dave Hause, along with Chuck Ragan and Dan Andriano at the Shepherd's Bush 02 a few years ago.  It was a really great show.

Chuck Ragan has an absolutely astonishing voice - til midnight, covering ground and gold country are fantastic albums 

Maybe I’m getting old. I was at the Bristol show and was a little disappointed.

Felt like he was holding back a little. They’re just wasn’t the oomph of the last solo show I saw or previous Gaslight shows. The encore was terrific though, as was Dave Hause, who I’ve also seen before.

Bossman

On 26/02/2018 at 10:33 PM, Karembu said:

Chuck Ragan has an absolutely astonishing voice - til midnight, covering ground and gold country are fantastic albums 

Love me some Chuck Ragan.

First saw him supporting Gaslight a few years back.

He kicks ass.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Love me some Chuck Ragan.

First saw him supporting Gaslight a few years back.

He kicks ass.

Love that. Thank you for posting, I need to investigate.

• Like 1

Fire in guys and spread the word.

I hate it when super talented artists don't get critical recognition.

Chuck played Inverness a few years back, Friday night, tiny wee venue called Mad Hatters (upstairs in Hootenannys).

When he came onstage I counted the crowd.

43 people.

It filled up as the night went on, though the place, small as it was, never got full.

Anyway, he kicks ass live and has made some cracking albums so spread the word!!!

• Like 1

Work has been crazy so a little late in commenting but anyone that checks out the great Chuck Reagan and likes what they hear, then would strongly recommend you check out Dave Hause too.  Also criminally unknown to so many. 

• Like 1

Dave Hause heard of......never heard.

Shall.

On 5/19/2018 at 10:49 PM, MagicRatAFC said:

Dave Hause heard of......never heard.

Shall.

Hope you enjoy.  Would recommend Devour and Bury me in Philly LPs - the track autism vaccine blues has been on my most played list on my iPod for as long as I can remember!  He also did a couple of great Billy Bragg and Bruce covers on an EP with his old band the Loved Ones.