Greasy Lake Community

New Archive: Meadowlands, 20th August, 1984

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BobbyJames said:

Oh Paolo, I love how you've been refreshing the same as we have...

Just now, Scott Peterson said:

An outstanding choice! By Thrill Hill, I mean. But also by you Paolo. 

I'm currently sat here muttering "bastards" about Nugs under my breath. I was so proud of how well I was doing with this "giving up Springsteen" stage of my life! :lol:

31 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Oh God, another '84 version of Highway Patrolman. And there's a BITUSA tour version of I'm Goin' Down too. And yep, that Drift Away... 

They're inconsiderate bastards I tells ya. They've got no sympathy at all for those trying to kick addictions!

Love the bitusa tour original I’m goin down. Wasn’t played too often. And the sound clip of drift away sounds absolutely sublime. 

I just opened the email notice, and got brucebumps just reading it. I was at that show.

In the spring of 1988 I finally tracked down a cassette copy of a boot, because as a taper I had trade bait of my own that made that possible. I remember listening to that Drift Away anew, and getting brucebumps then. I remember playing that for a fellow fan, and her awe and wonder at the majesty of that rendition.

And I know how often in this forum I've touted that as simply one of the most majestic moments I've experienced as a Bruuuuuce fan. I'm grateful for all the youtube downloads that have sustained me in the past, but this show is important.

Now, if they included a bonus track of Follow That Dream from 8/17/84, the Friday night before, that would be very considerate ;) 

5 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Love the bitusa tour original I’m goin down. Wasn’t played too often. And the sound clip of drift away sounds absolutely sublime. 

There's a lot of good stuff in this show from a look at that setlist. I'm intrigued by that '84 era Spirit as well as I'm Goin' Down

I haven't listened to any clips yet as it'll be 'more of a surprise' (or something like that) when I get the show and listen to them fully.

All I can say about this one really is I'm a lot more excited for it than I was for MSG '99 and Stockholm '88, and they're two of my favourite releases. So my expectations are very high. 

6 minutes ago, judyg said:

Is this the show on the boot "The Last Great Show?"

Surely is. It's going to be awesome to have it in stellar quality. And it certainly is a great show, but that title—although catchy—always really rubbed me the wrong way. 

8 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

Surely is. It's going to be awesome to have it in stellar quality. And it certainly is a great show, but that title—although catchy—always really rubbed me the wrong way. 

I imagine "The Last Great Show of the North American leg of the 1984 Born in the USA Tour" was a bit of a mouthful. 

Archived