Sign in to follow this  
Born To Walk

Player Sent Off In A Scene From Fawlty Towers!

Me (in my refereeing days, taking book from pocket): "Come here number 10, that was a really bad tackle, what's your name"

Number 10: "Szymankowszczyzna..."

Me (pencil pauses): "........."

Number 10: "........"

Me (putting book away): "OK, watch it, another one like that and you'll be in trouble"

• Haha 1

I thought there would be a tree branch and the beating of a mini .....

Don't mention the war 

• Like 2

Referee waves play on with intention of booking a player when the ball goes out of play, which next happens when the same player commits another foul. You can guess the rest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

football is unpredictable 

who seen this coming ?

That dog should be signed up by a Scottish team.

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2020 at 12:38 PM, Born To Walk said:

Referee waves play on with intention of booking a player when the ball goes out of play, which next happens when the same player commits another foul. You can guess the rest.

I agree with the sending off on this play. And since no one on this team didn't really complain, I guess it's all good. 

But was wondering, the referee didn't show the player the first yellow card. So could the player and or club have a bitch with the second yellow? Again I say that because from all the football I've watched the referee goes out of their way to show the play the yellow, even if he's injured on the ground, waits until he gets to his feet and shows him the card. Just wondering?  

On 1/28/2020 at 7:19 PM, Jimmy James said:

I agree with the sending off on this play. And since no one on this team didn't really complain, I guess it's all good. 

But was wondering, the referee didn't show the player the first yellow card. So could the player and or club have a bitch with the second yellow? Again I say that because from all the football I've watched the referee goes out of their way to show the play the yellow, even if he's injured on the ground, waits until he gets to his feet and shows him the card. Just wondering?  

Nope, you don't need to stop play to issue a card, especially when there is an advantage - although you're advised to if things are getting heated or if you're planning to issue a red, in case the player makes some significant intervention in the game. 

That was excellent application of the advantage law - clearly signalled, checking back to make sure there were no "afters", speaking to the number 5 as he charged past and then making it clear there were 2 separate yellows for 2 separate incidents. Textbook!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51350811

Just when you think you have seen all, VAR manages to find a new way to cause controversy.

This latest incident happened in a second division game in Spain between Fuenlabrada and Girona.

After a high challenge on an opponent, Fuenlabrada's Cristobal Marquez was shown a straight red card.

The midfielder left the pitch and headed down to the tunnel to the dressing room.

So far, so normal, right?

The referee then went to look at the foul on the pitchside monitor and, after checking several angles, decided to reverse his decision and Cristobal was called from the dressing room.

As he made his way on to the pitch, he was shown a yellow card rather than the red.

This is when things get REALLY bizarre.

Before play could resume, Cristobal got into an angry confrontation with Girona's Alex Granell.

Both players were subsequently booked and, with this being Cristobal's second yellow card, he was once again sent off and disappeared down the tunnel for a second time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Girona are one of man city’s farm clubs... was Mike dean the ref.?

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 6:56 PM, Born To Walk said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51350811

Just when you think you have seen all, VAR manages to find a new way to cause controversy.

This latest incident happened in a second division game in Spain between Fuenlabrada and Girona.

After a high challenge on an opponent, Fuenlabrada's Cristobal Marquez was shown a straight red card.

The midfielder left the pitch and headed down to the tunnel to the dressing room.

So far, so normal, right?

The referee then went to look at the foul on the pitchside monitor and, after checking several angles, decided to reverse his decision and Cristobal was called from the dressing room.

As he made his way on to the pitch, he was shown a yellow card rather than the red.

This is when things get REALLY bizarre.

Before play could resume, Cristobal got into an angry confrontation with Girona's Alex Granell.

Both players were subsequently booked and, with this being Cristobal's second yellow card, he was once again sent off and disappeared down the tunnel for a second time.

In all its glory

Undoubtedly the greatest own goal of all time