VABOSSFAN

The OFFICIAL 2017-18 GL NCAA Basketball POOL Thread

2 hours ago, bbb said:

No more bubble watch for you! 

I gotta stop reading.  I won't make it to November, let alone April, at this rate.  Potentially biggest thing to happen to reno since Johnny Cash shot a man just to watch him die, or Bruce sipped a whiskey after spending $250.

Under the “everybody returns” scenario, Nevada’s roster would include eight fifth-year seniors, an experience level almost no team enjoys. It would include seven players who have won all-conference honors, a talent level almost no team enjoys. And it would include 10 players who have logged at least 30 minutes a game over a college season, including nine who have averaged at least 12 points per game over a college season, a depth level almost no team enjoys. And on top of that, you can toss in a McDonald’s All-American.

2 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

April in Minneapolis,

2 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

We're ready.

parka.jpg

Went to a Killers concert in January with my daughter coldest place I've ever been. 

Just talked to my daughter last night high today 42

31 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

I gotta stop reading.  I won't make it to November, let alone April, at this rate.  Potentially biggest thing to happen to reno since Johnny Cash shot a man just to watch him die, or Bruce sipped a whiskey after spending $250.

Under the “everybody returns” scenario, Nevada’s roster would include eight fifth-year seniors, an experience level almost no team enjoys. It would include seven players who have won all-conference honors, a talent level almost no team enjoys. And it would include 10 players who have logged at least 30 minutes a game over a college season, including nine who have averaged at least 12 points per game over a college season, a depth level almost no team enjoys. And on top of that, you can toss in a McDonald’s All-American.

lebron.gif?resize=640,360&ssl=1

• Haha 1

Jordan Caroline withdrew from the draft.  Martin twins have to announce one way or the other in the next 1.5 hours.  I am going a bit crazy.

On 5/31/2018 at 6:16 AM, JudgeBrown said:

Martins returning.  Oh my.

I've seen the Wolfpack #4 and #6 in SI and ESPN's rankings they did after the Wednesday deadline to commit to the NBA or not. 

1 minute ago, bbb said:

I've seen the Wolfpack #4 and #6 in SI and ESPN's rankings they did after the Wednesday deadline to commit to the NBA or not. 

Yeah I have seen 4, 5, 6 all over the place.  They are going to find out what it feels like to have huge expectations, a target on your back every night, and not to mention a whole lot of media attention.  Will be interesting to see.  But I am reasonably sure I will not be too worried about bubbles.

6 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

Yeah I have seen 4, 5, 6 all over the place.  They are going to find out what it feels like to have huge expectations, a target on your back every night, and not to mention a whole lot of media attention.  Will be interesting to see.  But I am reasonably sure I will not be too worried about bubbles.

I think all that media attention is great for the school/program - even it puts more pressure on the current team.  Bona, for the first time since before I went there, had a ton of preseason hype (not nearly as much as you'll have) - and now our enrollment went way up - and we had a great recruiting class, capped off two weeks ago by signing a center who was down to Bona, Syracuse and Georgetown.  Didn't think I'd see that in my lifetime.

We made the tourney in '12, but by winning our conference tourney.  We didn't get the bump in enrollment or the recruiting class - because it was just like basically a one-two week thing. 

1 minute ago, bbb said:

I think all that media attention is great for the school/program - even it puts more pressure on the current team.  Bona, for the first time since before I went there, had a ton of preseason hype (not nearly as much as you'll have) - and now our enrollment went way up - and we had a great recruiting class, capped off two weeks ago by signing a center who was down to Bona, Syracuse and Georgetown.  Didn't think I'd see that in my lifetime.

We made the tourney in '12, but by winning our conference tourney.  We didn't get the bump in enrollment or the recruiting class - because it was just like basically a one-two week thing. 

Oh I am not complaining.  B)

Cool that you got that big guy, that's a nice get.

• Thanks 1