MagicRatAFC

Official 2018 NFL thread

Thought a new thread was in order (as of 4.00p.m. ET).

And I get a disproportionate buzz out of doing a thread with "Official" in the title. :D

Anyhow, this time last year I remember saying that I'd never seen an off season like it for trades but this off season seems to be running on the same lines so I guess this is the new normal.

Cousins apparently going to get 28 mil a year fully gauranteed?

It's getting silly.

Looks like the Browns are making some savvy moves, but we'll see.

I think my team will be very busy pre draft.

• Like 1

Nate Solder! Now you're talking!

Flowers to right tackle, Jones starting center(re), Quentin Nelson and another guard.........see what happens with Pugh.

An O line....... praise be!

• Like 2

Hi guys can anyone advise when the NFL Fixtures for the 2018/2019 season will announced, thanks Dave

8 minutes ago, davemunday said:

Hi guys can anyone advise when the NFL Fixtures for the 2018/2019 season will announced, thanks Dave

"At some point during the spring" is the best I have found.  They know who will be playing against each other, just not the actual dates.

14 minutes ago, davemunday said:

Middle of April before the draft.

Thanks for the link, excuse the naivety I'm new to this are tickets all taken by season ticket holders or are single games available ... in particular I am thinking  (Despite living in Patriot Country)  about Green Bay.

1 minute ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm not sure he's worth $84M but glad Cousins is getting paid.  He deserves it after everything he was put through in Washington.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Looks like the Browns are making some savvy moves, but we'll see.

I'll say that being the Browns are the team making the moves that they will not work out.

1 hour ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

I always thought a couple weeks after the draft.

1 hour ago, davemunday said:

Thanks for the link, excuse the naivety I'm new to this are tickets all taken by season ticket holders or are single games available ... in particular I am thinking  (Despite living in Patriot Country)  about Green Bay.

Can you say Stubhub? Packers tickets are willed down though families 

25 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

I'm not sure he's worth $84M but glad Cousins is getting paid.  He deserves it after everything he was put through in Washington.  

What do you think about the guaranteed contract? Ground Breaking!

4 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Can you say Stubhub? Packers tickets are willed down though families 

Agree.  I imagine that in some cities, single game tickets can be had through the primary market, but in GB I expect the secondary market is your only option.

11 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Nate Solder! Now you're talking!

Flowers to right tackle, Jones starting center(re), Quentin Nelson and another guard.........see what happens with Pugh.

An O line....... praise be!

Its neither Nelson or Barkley in the draft IMO. Or they trade back and go for Derwin James. 

4 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

Agree.  I imagine that in some cities, single game tickets can be had through the primary market, but in GB I expect the secondary market is your only option.

A couple years ago, at our annual Indy game we played the Packers. Big group of their fans tailgated close to us. I went over and talked to a couple of them. I said Indy is kind of far to travel for a game, they stated they have to travel to see their team play live.

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

A couple years ago, at our annual Indy game we played the Packers. Big group of their fans tailgated close to us. I went over and talked to a couple of them. I said Indy is kind of far to travel for a game, they stated they have to travel to see their team play live.

I have a lawyer friend (actually he is a lawyer who my company employed as outside counsel) who had "attend a postseason game at Lambeau" on his bucket list. He accomplished that goal.  A few weeks later his hourly billing rate went up 10%.  Coincidence?  You decide.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

What do you think about the guaranteed contract? Ground Breaking!

Well not shocked some of it being guaranteed but all of it? Simply astonishing. 

One bad play and that is a lot of dead money sitting there.

Cardinals and Browns reportedly both interested in Foles.

At this point I can't see them moving him. He's too useful with some uncertainty about Wentz next season, barring a surprise acquisition of Kaepernick or Cutler.

5 hours ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Its neither Nelson or Barkley in the draft IMO. Or they trade back and go for Derwin James. 

Could we trade back to 12 with Buffalo and get Nelson?

Chance he goes higher, a bit higher, but there's a kind of stigma to taking a guard that high.

1 hour ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Could we trade back to 12 with Buffalo and get Nelson?

Chance he goes higher, a bit higher, but there's a kind of stigma to taking a guard that high.

I think he's a top 5 pick. I watch Notre Dame and he is an absolute road grader. He's one of the strongest OL I have ever seen.