MagicRatAFC

Official 2018 NFL thread

I can't abide them.

How did a guy like Jason Written hang about the most classless organisation this side of Sevco/the r*****s for so long?

• Like 1

.......and to cap it all, I was so bitched at the end of the game I didn't check my fucking fantasy line up and Antonio Brown is inactive. 

10 minutes ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Thanks for the memories, Eli. 

Eli's our QB next season.

Sort that oline out, give Betcher a pass rush and a secondary to work with................there's a third ring with his name on.

43 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Eli's our QB next season.

Sort that oline out, give Betcher a pass rush and a secondary to work with................there's a third ring with his name on.

Too much of a cap hit, $23.2M. There is too much that has to go perfect for Eli to play at a high level. He has 4-5 good games per year at this point and that is not good enough. Go get Nick Foles as a bridge until they can draft one in 2020. 

16 minutes ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Too much of a cap hit, $23.2M. There is too much that has to go perfect for Eli to play at a high level. He has 4-5 good games per year at this point and that is not good enough. Go get Nick Foles as a bridge until they can draft one in 2020. 

Nick Foles is not your stepping stone lmao. Try for RGIII or something. Sheesh

3 minutes ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

Nick Foles is not your stepping stone lmao. Try for RGIII or something. Sheesh

You’re not picking up a $20M option for a backup QB unless you’re giving up on Wentz already after 3 seasons. 

44 minutes ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

You’re not picking up a $20M option for a backup QB unless you’re giving up on Wentz already after 3 seasons. 

I think, depending on what happens in the next fifteen minutes or so, Foles' FA number might be north of 23.......and for more than one year.

If we move on Bridgewater is a more likely........bridge .......option.

A more likely option for me is Eli restructures to a more cap friendly two year option, starting both next year and 2020, iñ 2020 mentoring the next generation draft pick (I'm hearing that class could be tasty?).

I still think Eli's a QB who can win it all.

6 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I think, depending on what happens in the next fifteen minutes or so, Foles' FA number might be north of 23.......and for more than one year.

If we move on Bridgewater is a more likely........bridge .......option.

A more likely option for me is Eli restructures to a more cap friendly two year option, starting both next year and 2020, iñ 2020 mentoring the next generation draft pick (I'm hearing that class could be tasty?).

I still think Eli's a QB who can win it all.

Bridgewater has not played in so long I would not risk it. Eli needs too much to go right around him and the Giants would also waste Odell’s career if they keep Eli until he is 40 and then start a rookie. Need to bridge now and then draft a rookie. 

Thing is, any remotely serviceable FA QB is going to cost.

Bridgewater, cos of the uncertainty, would be more cap friendly.......and there's a relationship.

But in all honesty, for me the best bridge option is Eli.

Also there doesn't appear to be much coming in this draft but 2020 may be different.

So, to clarify, the NFC East has been the worst division in football.......yet will have two teams playing in January.

Funny old game.

20 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Thing is, any remotely serviceable FA QB is going to cost.

Bridgewater, cos of the uncertainty, would be more cap friendly.......and there's a relationship.

But in all honesty, for me the best bridge option is Eli.

Also there doesn't appear to be much coming in this draft but 2020 may be different.

If the Giants cut Eli and Olivier Vernon they have about a $10M cap hit in dead money and about $22M in savings. If Eli retires and they trade Vernon they would have freed up $38M in cap space. If Eli is cut and Vernon is traded it’s about $32M saved. 

In an otherwise entirely unforgettable season., 49ers TE George Kittle sets single-season receiving yards record for tight ends.

Now back to Bracketology for me.  Those of you with relevant NFL teams, have fun.

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Can I get a "Let's Go Colts". I believe there is any Colts haters here. So why not.

Being a Steeler fan I can hate the Colts enough tonight that I hope they play just poor enough to tie.  ;)

1 hour ago, took me long enough said:

Not a Colt hater by a long shot, but gotta pull for the team tonight.  

1 hour ago, gsquare said:

Being a Steeler fan I can hate the Colts enough tonight that I hope they play just poor enough to tie.  ;)

I thought maybe you two would say hello. Right now we are looking good.

TMLE aren't you a Denver fan right?

Not bad for a team predicted to be the 32th worst club in the league. I predicted a 7-9 record. But this O Line is the future of the team. 

6 hours ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

If the Giants cut Eli and Olivier Vernon they have about a $10M cap hit in dead money and about $22M in savings. If Eli retires and they trade Vernon they would have freed up $38M in cap space. If Eli is cut and Vernon is traded it’s about $32M saved. 

I think Vernon will be traded....... Jackrabbit could be on his way also as we rebuild the D.

But cap savings elsewhere doesn't change the fact that any serviceable FA QB is going to be a bigger cap hit than Eli.

7 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I think Vernon will be traded....... Jackrabbit could be on his way also as we rebuild the D.

But cap savings elsewhere doesn't change the fact that any serviceable FA QB is going to be a bigger cap hit than Eli.

I think Jenkins is staying. They will need another CB and probably one if not two safeties. Vernon they will look to trade, always hurt, no production.