MagicRatAFC

Official 2018 NFL thread

Raiders get Jordy Nelson? I’m very excited!

Giants staying busy n FA, Guard Omameh from Jacksonville, DB Riley from Tennessee.

I'm not one for analysing teams beyond my own, so don't know much about these guys, Omameh started 16 games in Jacksonville so you have to fancy he's here as a starter, Riley only started 7 in Tennessee.

I'm wondering if the moves we're making suggest we're leaning towards Barclay or Chubb in the draft.

Loads going on in FA, Honey Badger to Houston, Keenum to Denver, I don't know if this is the new normal for FA, but this year and last year have been busier than I ever recall.

Maybe it's just cos the coverage is greater in the UK now.

Colts trade down with Jets, now pick 6th, and pickup two second round picks from Jets.

The Giants are in a good spot.  

Based on what the Jets gave up to move from #6 to #3 -- the Giants can get quite a haul for that #2 pick.

Whatever they do, I like how active the Giants have been this off-season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillyB said:

The Giants are in a good spot.  

Based on what the Jets gave up to move from #6 to #3 -- the Giants can get quite a haul for that #2 pick.

Whatever they do, I like how active the Giants have been this off-season.

Yes..... Though it was badly needed.

I'm guessing there's moves behind the scenes to re-structure some contracts or possibly say ta-ta to some names ( should say more names I suppose in light of DRC's departure).

Cap management is something I feel quite comfortable with in light of Abrams and Gettleman's past record.

I'm wondering who the Jest are fancying at 3.

If Teddy B's knee is right he could be a right shrewd pick up but as quick as Minnesota flushed him (and the fact he never even appeared to be in the conversation as their long term solution) makes you wonder.

22 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Colts trade down with Jets, now pick 6th, and pickup two second round picks from Jets.

Smart...it is almost always the right move to trade down and get more draft picks. 

Yeah it took me a few minutes to get over the thought of not getting Chubb. But we have so many holes to fill so more is better. 

You would think we can get quality at 6, 36, 37 and 45.

7 hours ago, Power13 said:

Smart...it is almost always the right move to trade down and get more draft picks. 

Belichick used that tactic for years. Better to get two first-round talents than one who might not pan out.

On 3/18/2018 at 10:18 AM, Jimmy James said:

Yeah it took me a few minutes to get over the thought of not getting Chubb. But we have so many holes to fill so more is better. 

You would think we can get quality at 6, 36, 37 and 45.

Well shoot there are several mock drafts still have us getting Chubb

Hey, @davemunday, just talked to one of my superintendents here who grow up right outside Green Bay.

There are tickets available (single seats) week of games. But you have to be fast when those seats are released. Typically sell out within minutes.

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Hey, @davemunday, just talked to one of my superintendents here who grow up right outside Green Bay.

There are tickets available (single seats) week of games. But you have to be fast when those seats are released. Typically sell out within minutes.

@Jimmy James sounds promising as I'll only want a single, like any ticket it will be hard, do they have a verified fan scheme :)

JPP to Tampa with a 4th round pick in exchange for a 3rd and 4th Rd pick. 

This also allows Giants two picks in round three which is a good round to have alot of picks. Only thing is his signing bonus was accelerated into this year's cap so only $2.5M in savings. Should have asked for more in return IMO

I think Gettleman may have his sights on Bradley Chubb with this in mind. His philosophy is to build from the lines out. No one on roster jumps out as a starter at DE besides Vernon. Chubb hypothetically fills the other DE void.

I've been wondering about JPP, doesn't strike me as a fit for a base 3-4.

Certainly looks like Chubb may be the target.

If you count our extra 4th, between this deal and the Ogltree deal, we're pretty much back to where we started draft pick wise? Or am I counting wrong?

Just now, MagicRatAFC said:

I've been wondering about JPP, doesn't strike me as a fit for a base 3-4.

Certainly looks like Chubb may be the target.

If you count our extra 4th, between this deal and the Ogltree deal, we're pretty much back to where we started draft pick wise? Or am I counting wrong?

Have one 4th round pick, correct. 

11 minutes ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

No one on roster jumps out as a starter at DE besides Vernon. Chubb hypothetically fills the other DE void.

Talk that Tomlinson could play off the edge in a 3-4?

I know nowt about college ball, is Chubb a 3-4 OLB pass rusher or 4-3 end?

I know he's listed as an end, but it seems roles could be fluid in this new D.

1 minute ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Talk that Tomlinson could play off the edge in a 3-4?

I know nowt about college ball, is Chubb a 3-4 OLB pass rusher or 4-3 end?

I know he's listed as an end, but it seems roles could be fluid in this new D.

Here's a good write up on him with some film. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2018/3/1/17033554/2018-nfl-draft-bradley-chubb-scouting-report-breakdown-pass-rusher

1 hour ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

JPP to Tampa with a 4th round pick in exchange for a 3rd and 4th Rd pick. 

This also allows Giants two picks in round three which is a good round to have alot of picks. Only thing is his signing bonus was accelerated into this year's cap so only $2.5M in savings. Should have asked for more in return IMO

I think Gettleman may have his sights on Bradley Chubb with this in mind. His philosophy is to build from the lines out. No one on roster jumps out as a starter at DE besides Vernon. Chubb hypothetically fills the other DE void.

Nooooooooooooo.

5 hours ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Different looks there.......great pursuit, nice run stuff, standing up, hands in the dirt. 

270 he isn't one of those "tweener"3-4 OLBs, I like this guy..........BUT Nelson, I'm hearing this guy could be mental at guard.

Times like this I wish I watched college football, but, September to February, I keep enough unsociable hours without adding to it.

2 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Different looks there.......great pursuit, nice run stuff, standing up, hands in the dirt. 

270 he isn't one of those "tweener"3-4 OLBs, I like this guy..........BUT Nelson, I'm hearing this guy could be mental at guard.

Times like this I wish I watched college football, but, September to February, I keep enough unsociable hours without adding to it.

College ball is great to watch to get a feel of these guys, I love the intensity and some of the atmospheres at these stadiums. College football games are a blast to go to. . Chubb CAN do alot of things. He's a gamebreaker and every down player and Bechter can make him work in a scheme.  I think they might draft a LB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, those two 3rd round picks at #66 and #69 are crucial. 

ETA: Second meeting with Chubb lined up. 

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/22/new-york-giants-bradley-chubb-private-visit-meet-him-again/

Michael Bennett just got added to the fam a few weeks ago, and now there's a warrant out for his arrest! :o

Apparently he shoved through a line of security workers at the Super Bowl and injured one, who was apparently an elderly paraplegic (before the incident, to be clear)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-michael-bennett-indicted-on-felony-charge-has-warrant-out-for-arrest/amp/

I'm rapidly losing patience with Beckham.

You'd think with the trevails he's suffered that right about now he'd STFU and get back to doing his talking on the field.

But no, he lets it be known that he's holding out unless a long term deal is done.

If I was Mara/Gettleman, I'd listen long and hard to anything.

Anything close to Herschel Walker levels.........

I reckon if The Duke was still around he'd be a memory by now.