MagicRatAFC

Official 2018 NFL thread

Recommended Posts

So I have the NFL app set on my phone to give me various alerts, usually Giants related.

I get one just now, the way it comes up you just get the first bit of the headline until you open up the app.

I see "LA Rams make history......". I'm going "we've traded Beckham to them".

 

Turns out they're going to have male cheerleaders next season.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

So I have the NFL app set on my phone to give me various alerts, usually Giants related.

I get one just now, the way it comes up you just get the first bit of the headline until you open up the app.

I see "LA Rams make history......". I'm going "we've traded Beckham to them".

 

Turns out they're going to have male cheerleaders next season.

 

Colleges have always had male cheerleaders, (President GWB was one at Yale) it's good that the Rams are choosing to make their dance team more about athletics than eye candy. I personally find the NFL's cheerleading ideas to be absurdly retrograde. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

Colleges have always had male cheerleaders, (President GWB was one at Yale) it's good that the Rams are choosing to make their dance team more about athletics than eye candy. I personally find the NFL's cheerleading ideas to be absurdly retrograde. 

Oh, absolutely 100% agree.

It was simply that I was geared up for some massive news about OBJ and this came as a relief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MagicRatAFC said:

Oh, absolutely 100% agree.

It was simply that I was geared up for some massive news about OBJ and this came as a relief.

I'm thinking you might not have too much longer to wait ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhereLoveRuled said:

I'm thinking you might not have too much longer to wait ;) 

Dunno, the mood music coming out of the Jints has shifted tone.

If someone comes in with a silly, Herschel Walker type offer, then OBJ's gone, but I think it'll have to be a silly offer.

I'd take two ones and a high two (hello Cleveland:D) but with the cap hit that's in the post, the recent injury and the off field stuff...... I don't see it.

Vultures will circle in case he pisses Gettleman and, more importantly, Mara and Tisch, off, but I think he'll start the season a Giant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Dunno, the mood music coming out of the Jints has shifted tone.

If someone comes in with a silly, Herschel Walker type offer, then OBJ's gone, but I think it'll have to be a silly offer.

I'd take two ones and a high two (hello Cleveland:D) but with the cap hit that's in the post, the recent injury and the off field stuff...... I don't see it.

Vultures will circle in case he pisses Gettleman and, more importantly, Mara and Tisch, off, but I think he'll start the season a Giant.

You could be right. As long as he doesn't pretend to be a urinating dog again... :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by some of his off season *alleged* antics pretending to be a pissing dog is the least of his worries.........

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Dunno, the mood music coming out of the Jints has shifted tone.

If someone comes in with a silly, Herschel Walker type offer, then OBJ's gone, but I think it'll have to be a silly offer.

I'd take two ones and a high two (hello Cleveland:D) but with the cap hit that's in the post, the recent injury and the off field stuff...... I don't see it.

Vultures will circle in case he pisses Gettleman and, more importantly, Mara and Tisch, off, but I think he'll start the season a Giant.

This is all thanks to an overly speculative BS article by Pat Leonard in the New York Daily News. Mara said he was tired of the Odell questions because the media is asking non stop unimportant questions all of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the rule changes, us my understanding right "surviving the ground" is now gone as long as "control.....two feet.....football move" are done?

 

Means that Sterling's in Philli would've stood (and Dirty Dez"s in Green Bay and Jesse James last year) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2018 at 4:53 PM, MagicRatAFC said:

So, the rule changes, us my understanding right "surviving the ground" is now gone as long as "control.....two feet.....football move" are done?

 

Well, that’s going to take a lot of the fun and screaming at the TV away. But maybe not, as they’ll be determining whether there was a “football move” involved or not.  

And the potential for kickoffs to go away. That would just be...weird.  

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/272769/guide-to-nfls-new-rules-what-to-know-about-approved-tabled-and-rejected-proposals

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22944176/nfl-competition-committee-says-kickoffs-made-safer-recommend-eliminating-it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the rule changes will further reduce the viewing audience.  The helmet rule could stop nearly every play if the refs choose to strictly enforce it.  Eliminating kick offs?   Forget it.  

I truly do understand  the desire to protect the players, but there are certain risks that are inherent to the game.  Eliminate them and you are just changing the game too much. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No kick-off's would eliminate the on-side kick, so teams could never pull off the miracle?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 6, 2018 at 6:52 AM, Wasted in the heat said:

I feel like the rule changes will further reduce the viewing audience.  The helmet rule could stop nearly every play if the refs choose to strictly enforce it.  Eliminating kick offs?   Forget it.  

I truly do understand  the desire to protect the players, but there are certain risks that are inherent to the game.  Eliminate them and you are just changing the game too much. 

Might as well make it flag football.  What's next, no punches above the neck in boxing?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Dez Bryant is being cut and word is he apparently has been saying he will see Dallas twice a year. Giants could factor into this as Brandon Marshall will more than likely be cut after he passes a physical. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/13/report-dez-bryant-said-hed-see-cowboys-twice-this-year/

Surely not.

 

That bawbag signs for us and the Duke starts 360ing in his grave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

Mark Sanchez suspended for performance enhancing drugs.

Hey Mark, they didn't work.

Quote

Entering his 10th season in the league, Sanchez had never been suspended by the NFL until now.

This is far from Sanchez's most embarrassing moments in professional football (see: Fumble, Butt), but it's an unfortunate step back for a veteran quarterback still seeking employment this fall.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

That's definitely great news.  Man, he had a gruesome operation - 12 hours.  Taking part of his femur and turning into a jaw bone.......He's not even going to be able to eat solid food still until they can make dentures at some point. 

The doctors seem very happy with his recovery, so far, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, bbb said:

That's definitely great news.  Man, he had a gruesome operation - 12 hours.  Taking part of his femur and turning into a jaw bone.......He's not even going to be able to eat solid food still until they can make dentures at some point. 

The doctors seem very happy with his recovery, so far, though.

I may have mentioned it in this or some other context but I had a friend who had oral and tongue cancer and when he described what the procedures were going to be to address it, I seriously almost fainted.  it is horrifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JudgeBrown said:

I may have mentioned it in this or some other context but I had a friend who had oral and tongue cancer and when he described what the procedures were going to be to address it, I seriously almost fainted.  it is horrifying.

His wife posts progress reports pretty much every day - and the first day or two, she was saying no matter how much the doctors tried to prepare them, it was so much worse! 

Here was the first post that showed his face:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

@davemunday and all, the schedule(fixtures:P) will be announced tomorrow night 7pm. NFL Network.

Hi thanks for the notice :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.