MagicRatAFC

Official 2018 NFL thread

Yea schedule comes out today. I'm sure leaks will start to make their way out in the late afternoon. Get to see when the Giants are coming to Charlotte so I can plan accordingly. 

• Like 1

One of the most important nights of the year. Does that sound wrong to anyone? Anyway, Dinner and Beers with my Indy crew, to match up what game we all can make. The good thing is most likely we won't have prime time games to worry about.

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

One of the most important nights of the year. Does that sound wrong to anyone? Anyway, Dinner and Beers with my Indy crew, to match up what game we all can make. The good thing is most likely we won't have prime time games to worry about.

You could go see the Giants! They play in Indy this year. 

Many local media outlets will probably have full schedules leaked out by 5 or 6 PM. 

50 minutes ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

You could go see the Giants! They play in Indy this year. 

Many local media outlets will probably have full schedules leaked out by 5 or 6 PM. 

Yeah, we have some big names that will have a lot of support. Giants, Cowboys, Dolphins. We try to stay away though games as that drives up the cost for tickets and hotels. Few years back we learned our lesson the hard way. When we book against the Packers, oh my we couldn't get into are favorite spots Saturday night, tickets were almost doubled.

But we will do one of though if that is the only way the 6 of us can get together.  

Ok, our annual trip to Indy will be against @bbb's Bills, October 21st. Can't wait to see their electric QB. Or maybe not?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Ok, our annual trip to Indy will be against @bbb's Bills, October 21st. Can't wait to see their electric QB. Or maybe not?

I wish you Luck in that game, and the us luck! 

He hasn't thrown a ball yet, until he does, I think we will start Bassett.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

Apparently anyone who goes to see the Giants will not be seeing Marshall.

Hilariously he posted on social media the other day that there was no room for Dez Bryant on the Giants roster when it was quite clear he was getting cut because of his physical. 

I still think there is a chance the Giants  sign Bryant. They need another WR, don't  think drafting one in round two or  three happens, especially if they draft Saquon. The market value for Bryant will not be astronomically high. He has been slowed by the foot injury. But he can still produce in short to mid range passing game. 

Also, thought the point of Thursday  games was to have teams play in as close of proximity to each other as possible. Yet the Chargers play at the Vikings and the Packers play in Seattle. That's pretty brutal to ask teams to travel that far on such a short week. 

On 4/20/2018 at 8:26 AM, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Giants come to Charlotte week 5. That will be my game this year. 

Coming to Atlanta too I think. 

26 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

So the Falcons have an other WR from Alabama.  Strange, but interesting. 

Seemed a lot of teams had double down on their strengths? Tampa Bay did they really need a DT? Did you guys really need a WR?  

7 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Seemed a lot of teams had double down on their strengths? Tampa Bay did they really need a DT? Did you guys really need a WR?  

Was not an urgent need, but we lost Taylor Gabriel to free agency and Julio is getting older and behaving oddly.  Makes sense to have an insurance policy, I guess.  Surprised they didn't go with Sony Michele since he was still available.  Would have been a popular pick with the fans.