MagicRatAFC

Official 2018 NFL thread

Need to ask all, was that the most exciting draft in a long time? Or was I just more into it this year?

23 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Need to ask all, was that the most exciting draft in a long time? Or was I just more into it this year?

Well Cleveland taking Mayfield came out of left field in the last few days. I don't think a lot of people saw that coming.

1 minute ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

Well Cleveland taking Mayfield came out of left field in the last few days. I don't think a lot of people saw that coming.

I feel like that might be something the live to regret.  Seems like Cleveland would have learned their lesson in taking chancy picks.  

I don't believe any of these QB picked are ready for the NFL and maybe not for two years?

3 minutes ago, Wasted in the heat said:

I feel like that might be something the live to regret.  Seems like Cleveland would have learned their lesson in taking chancy picks.  

Took Kizer in the second round last year and while he had flashes of real talent, you just can't win as a rookie in Cleveland's system.

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

I don't believe any of these QB picked are ready for the NFL and maybe not for two years?

Jackson is probably the closest.

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Seemed a lot of teams had double down on their strengths? Tampa Bay did they really need a DT? Did you guys really need a WR?  

Tampa should have drafted Derwin James from FSU. 

1 minute ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Tampa should have drafted Derwin James from FSU. 

I agree.

Derwin is way better than the guy the Browns took at #4. Surprised he fell that far. 

Good pick by Colts with Nelson, JJ. I'm a ND football fan and he is a total monster in the trenches. 

21 minutes ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Derwin is way better than the guy the Browns took at #4. Surprised he fell that far. 

Good pick by Colts with Nelson, JJ. I'm a ND football fan and he is a total monster in the trenches. 

Without a doubt. But the truth of this draft will happen tonight for the Colts, three picks in the second.

1. Backer, 2. Pass Rusher, 3. Corner

Giants have 34th, 66th and 69th today. 

They are trying to deal Eric Flowers to pick up another pick. 

Will Hernandez (G, UTEP), Josh Sweat (DE, FSU) are two the Giants have sights on. Also wouldn't mind if they have Equanimeous St. Brown in round 3 at WR. 

The Bills were going to have two twos and two threes tonight, and after last night's trades, we only have the 2nd third tonight.  Boring night coming up! 

3 hours ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Will Hernandez (G, UTEP), Josh Sweat (DE, FSU) are two the Giants have sights on. Also wouldn't mind if they have Equanimeous St. Brown in round 3 at WR. 

Colts have the 36th, 37th, 49th and 67th. have to make good here.

4 hours ago, bbb said:

The Bills were going to have two twos and two threes tonight, and after last night's trades, we only have the 2nd third tonight.  Boring night coming up! 

Eagles have only one second round pick and then two in the fourth, so boring night for us as well.

• Like 1

Means nothing until they start playing games. But the Colts Grade on this years draft is anywhere from a B+ to a A-, higher than any other team in our division.

On 4/27/2018 at 12:10 PM, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Overall I like what the Giants have done so far this off-season.

I'm happy they took the RB with that first pick. If he's the real deal, his impact will be felt on all aspects of play.  

But...because there's always a 'but'....if the Jets get to the Super Bowl with Darnold before the Giants...I reserve the right to change my mind about the 2018 Draft....lol.

1 hour ago, BillyB said:

Overall I like what the Giants have done so far this off-season.

I'm happy they took the RB with that first pick. If he's the real deal, his impact will be felt on all aspects of play.  

But...because there's always a 'but'....if the Jets get to the Super Bowl with Darnold before the Giants...I reserve the right to change my mind about the 2018 Draft....lol.

I was not sold on any one of the quarterbacks going high. I love what they did, Gettleman got pieces that Reese ignored for years. Hernandez was a great pickup for the OL, as was the LB from Georiga.  They had to draft some guys that could play in the 3/4 defense they will run under Bechter.  Eli is setup now on offense and also a future QB is as well. 

Giants have not had an every down RB since Bradshaw and Jacobs tandem and really Bradshaw because of the toll it took on Jacobs to run in the manner which he did.

54 minutes ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

@JudgeBrown these are going to look sharp on the field. Wearing them 2x next season. Thinking Giants game on MNF a possibility. 

image.png.3d7f65a85f8f3b7c0fea217e5f4995b2.png

I had not seen those, thanks.  I approve.  Nice clean look.

6 hours ago, Swamps_Of_Jersey said:

Throwback! 

I would love to throw back all the way to Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

9 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

I had not seen those, thanks.  I approve.  Nice clean look.

Until they get a few grass stains on them.

Americans are so damned stupid.

President Donald Trump was clear with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: He wasn't going to let up in his criticism of NFL players who were kneeling during the national anthem.

"This is a very winning, strong issue for me," Trump told the Cowboys owner in a phone call last fall, according to a sworn deposition Jones gave in the Colin Kaepernick grievance case that was obtained by The Wall Street Journal.

"Tell everybody, you can't win this one," Trump said, as recalled by Jones in the deposition, according to The Wall Street Journal. "This one lifts me."

The Wall Street Journal's report comes on the heels of a new national anthem policy approved by NFL owners at their meetings in Atlanta last week that requires players to stand for "The Star-Spangled Banner" if they are on the field. They will have the option to stay in the locker room during the anthem, but the team will be fined by the league if the players on the field don't stand while the anthem is being played.

On Wednesday, Sept. 27 of last year, Trump tweeted that he spoke with Jones on Tuesday following a Monday Night Football game featuring the Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals.

Trump appeared to be referring to how the Cowboys handled the national anthem before that game in Arizona, where Jones joined Dallas players and coaches as they took a knee before the anthem and then stood together with arms locked during "The Star-Spangled Banner."

That Friday, Jones addressed the phone call on 105.3 The Fan's Shan and RJ show [KRLD-FM].

"I'm not going to get into it," Jones said. "He did call. He was complimentary, which doesn't mean that in any way we acquiesced to what he was implying. What we did was exclusive from that. What we wanted to do was basically make a statement and certainly not dishonor the flag.

"Anybody in the United States, for the most part, I'm talking the great majority of people, it's madness to think that somebody would dishonor the flag. The debate is whether you are dishonoring it or not. That's where people get their case. So just to stand up there and say a group such as the NFL and our players are doing anything that doesn't respect the flag is just not something that could be accepted. Our effort specifically said it's different when the flag is out and we're going to stand and honor the flag than when it is not out.

"Where I'm coming from here is the implication that there was some kind of pat on the back or anything like that is really not the case. It was a simple discussion. I know him. I've known him for several years. ... There are many things we don't agree on."