Marnix

Album collection vol. 2 1987-1996

On 1/12/2019 at 6:23 PM, crdowning said:

Honestly, with Tunnel of Love and Ghost of Tom Joad being two of Bruce's studio albums that I listen to the most, I couldn't live without the remasters.  I waited and waited and waited for a U.S. release, but finally I had to order the import.  It was worth it (to me, at least), because the remasters sound amazing. 

fuck really? that good?

12 hours ago, mad man with a box said:

Just got the GOTJ Individually - really nice to have it - just need The Rising and Live in NYC and should have them all on vinyl

About £350 should put you in with a shout, at today's prices.

:wacko:

• Sad 1

Or £20 next year once they've been re-released. 

I pity the suckers who spent £100+ on GOTJ Vinyl before it was reissued. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

Or £20 next year once they've been re-released. 

I pity the suckers who spent £100+ on GOTJ Vinyl before it was reissued. 

Fair point, but collectors will always be after original first pressings.  I don't think those first pressings will lose their high prices.

• Like 3

Managed to get the CD box on eBay yesterday for just £32! Thought it was too good to be true and overnight the seller has cancelled the order saying they don't have it in stock. I don't believe them at all and I assume they will be listing it again with a higher price. Very unhappy!!!!

4 hours ago, bungleland said:

Managed to get the CD box on eBay yesterday for just £32! Thought it was too good to be true and overnight the seller has cancelled the order saying they don't have it in stock. I don't believe them at all and I assume they will be listing it again with a higher price. Very unhappy!!!!

Shit, that sucks.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:08 AM, Frank03 said:

Are these new volumes the sources for his albums on Spotify? 

Not yet no, all the streaming services appear to still be the old masters of the Vol. 2 albums.

• Thanks 1

For anyone interested, the CD box set has come down in price on amazon japan. I just gave in and ordered it - it came to 83 pounds total to the UK, which includes shipping and customs tax. I haven't seen it this cheap before.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, J said:

I got Joad and Tunnel of Love, that'll do me. 

Exactly the same for me. My finger hovered over 'buy' for a while but I resisted. I see its no longer available now.

Had I not got those two, I would have jumped in.

5 minutes ago, HelloNewman said:

Exactly the same for me. My finger hovered over 'buy' for a while but I resisted. I see its no longer available now.

Had I not got those two, I would have jumped in.

I often have to resist the inner completist in me... sometimes I've added stuff to my basket, and then left it for a while, only to delete it later after the completist fever calmed down, and I realised I really didn't need the particular item. 

• Like 1

The next volume will have all the proper rarities.