Sign in to follow this  
JudgeBrown

Nils' Guitars Stolen in Dallas

He apparently can continue at the moment as people and friends have lent him what he needs to continue touring but how shitty was this?

I hate thieves, disgusting it happened.  Surprised he is staying at a Holiday Inn.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

He apparently can continue at the moment as people and friends have lent him what he needs to continue touring but how shitty was this?

VERY!

As a guitarist I'm so attatched to my guitars so I can't imagine how he must feel with all the years and experiences he's had with those guitars, hope they're found soon!

48 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

I hate thieves, disgusting it happened.  Surprised he is staying at a Holiday Inn.  

"I'm not a guitarist.  But I did stay at a Holiday Inn!"

• Haha 3

I was following this on Twitter last night, after Amy tweeted a photo of the perp, and was asking for help.

I was very glad to see that they were able to rent or borrow equipment so the show could go on.  

What a scummy, scummy thing to do to anyone; but to nice, sweet, kind Nils???  

Disgusting.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

I was following this on Twitter last night, after Amy tweeted a photo of the perp, and was asking for help.

I was very glad to see that they were able to rent or borrow equipment so the show could go on.  

What a scummy, scummy thing to do to anyone; but to nice, sweet, kind Nils???  

Disgusting.  

I bet he flipped when he found out.

• Haha 3

Just now, JudgeBrown said:

I bet he flipped when he found out.

Two hip replacements... He’s under doctor’s orders not to do that any more.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It just amazes me what people are like though. Some really crappy comments on Twitter like it shouldn't bother him, he is a wealthy musician. Sure, he tours with Bruce but he isn't Bruce. He is very much a working muso. The Holiday Inn part pretty much illustrates that not so?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

It just amazes me what people are like though. Some really crappy comments on Twitter like it shouldn't bother him, he is a wealthy musician. Sure, he tours with Bruce but he isn't Bruce. He is very much a working muso. The Holiday Inn part pretty much illustrates that not so?

Probably his roadies staying there.

32 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

It just amazes me what people are like though. Some really crappy comments on Twitter like it shouldn't bother him, he is a wealthy musician.

It's much more than financial. Instruments are a very personal thing. You get attached.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

I saw those, and was amazed as well.  One guy in particular was especially jerky.   WTF is wrong with people? 

• Like 1

Oh no

Poor Nils :(

He's had that main strat since his early career. I think his brother made the wooden pick-guard. That must hurt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Exactly.

I saw him at the Eden Court Inverness, tail end of 16 

Anyhow, he did a signing afterwards, but "didn't have time for pictures as the tour bus had to head straight to Aberdeen soon after the gig".

Lovely, lovely guy, and, as you say, a working guy making a living.

I hope they get his stuff back.

7 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

Probably his roadies staying there.

I think you're over-estimating the grandeur of life as an E-Streeter... whilst they may not be in poverty, I get the strong impression that unlike a boss tour, going on the road for the band members is a labour of love, and probably only marginally profitable. 

It doesn't surprise me at all that he's staying at an HI. Smaller gigs, smaller ticket prices, mean a lot of stuff gets done by the artist themself - and the risk of any one gig not breaking even must be a lot higher. He and Amy are the merchandise sellers post gig.  

• Like 1

The price he's charging for his UK tour - essentially a solo performance - is outrageous.  He could stay at the Ritz and take a helicopter to each venue and still make a profit. 

16 hours ago, phantomengineer said:

He's had that main strat since his early career. I think his brother made the wooden pick-guard. That must hurt.

That was my first thought. That would devastate, surely. 

• Sad 2

Come to think of it it's lucky that Bruce's iconic tele never got swiped during his low rent days. I sure hope they catch the scumbag(s) that did this before the gear gets parted out. I'd love to read of a recovery.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Growin' Up said:

The price he's charging for his UK tour - essentially a solo performance - is outrageous.  He could stay at the Ritz and take a helicopter to each venue and still make a profit. 

Hmm  - so now I'm curious:  What's the damage for a ticket?