Greasy Lake Community

The War on Drugs play 'Unsatisfied Heart'??

• 2 weeks later...

Love it! That sounds great. 

After parking it for the last couple of months, I have gone back to A Deeper Understanding a lot over the last couple of weeks. It has actually grown on me even more since it got my album of the year last year. Its probably my album of the decade right now also. I went back and read some reviews. One labelled it "Springsteen does shoegaze" which works perfectly for me and is probably why I love it so much. 

• Like 1

I love WAD. Great band. Saw them live last November in Munich. 

And I love that they cover an unknown song instead of - well, you know all the covers. 

Good job! 

And hoping for a release of those outtakes - Unsatisfied heart, Klansman and so on... 

• Like 1

How good suddenly to have a new band to look into.  That "Ties That Bind" is great and "Unsatisfied Heart" too.  HelloNewman someone whose taste I take note of.  I think my older son mentioned the band as worth listening to before disappearing to Mexico.  But I ignored him as parents do 

Looks like they could easily earn a living as a Bruce covers band if they didn't do their own thing.

• Like 1

Pre A Deeper Understanding but I reckon this is my favourite TWOD footage online currently:

Red Eyes at 31:45 is magnificent. That keyboard is beautiful. Under The Pressure is a bit special also.

Cracking band and a super version of Unsatisfied Heart too. 

Festival of the year coming up on 2nd June in London - The National, The War on Drugs, Future Islands, Public Service Broadcasting and others.  

Awesome line up.  Still tickets available too i think. 

I have ordered a CD of A Deeper Understanding from Ebay.  I'm still happy to pay a few pounds or dollars for a case, lyrics and track listing - and the artist gets a bit more.  If I have A Lesser Comprehension, I'll demand my refund from all you advocates.

Sure, I won't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1