Sign in to follow this  
Paolo's Circus Story

Sunderland AFC: A New Start?

billy jones and callum mcmanaman sold - do they even have 11 players left? its a bit reminiscent of Southampton a few years back when they didn't even have 11 players for their first preaseason game

4 hours ago, AMIW said:

billy jones and callum mcmanaman sold - do they even have 11 players left? its a bit reminiscent of Southampton a few years back when they didn't even have 11 players for their first preaseason game

They won today 6-0 apparently they had a full team out.

Against Jack Ross's old side. Dunno if they were full strength.

looked at the lineup list on google and most of the players seemed to be under-23s/under-18s none of the wantaway big money players or Duncan wattmore or aiden mcgeady listed...

kone loaned to strasbourg

with one week to go ndong, papy not in training and apparently stripped of their shirt numbers

96th minute winner sends the Mackems top of the league for a few hours.

7 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

96th minute winner sends the Mackems top of the league for a few hours.

lucky fuckers

7 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

lucky fuckers

I'm telling you, Jack Ross knows what he's about.

Mebbe you guys could head hunt him when FCB finally drives Rafa away.

2 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I'm telling you, Jack Ross knows what he's about.

Mebbe you guys could head hunt him when FCB finally drives Rafa away.

Maybe Jack Ross is a good manager, time will tell if he's good enough. It's the new management that let them down.

When the fat fucker does eventually drive Rafa away, i have no doubt he'll bring pardew back, by then I'll be long gone.

I've had the feeling about Jack Ross that I've not had about a manager since Fergie's. 

I was desperate to get him to the Pitt if Del left.

And the likes of you and me will still be there long after FCB and Stewart Milne have gotten out of our clubs.

We're lifers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I've had the feeling about Jack Ross that I've not had about a manager since Fergie's. 

I was desperate to get him to the Pitt if Del left.

And the likes of you and me will still be there long after FCB and Stewart Milne have gotten out of our clubs.

We're lifers.

high praise indeed

If Jack Ross is anyway as good as fergie, then as a  Newcastle fan I'll be a bit worried

He does come across as a nice bloke, unlike their owner "the Don" as they call him ( i know :lol:)  

11 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

high praise indeed

If Jack Ross is anyway as good as fergie, then as a  Newcastle fan I'll be a bit worried

He does come across as a nice bloke, unlike their owner "the Don" as they call him ( i know :lol:)  

Don't get me wrong, Jack Ross and Fergie are very, very different characters, the only similarities is their career path.

Successful spell at part time team (East Stirlingshire/Alloa) then winning the second division at St Mirren.

Every once in a great, great while, I get a vibe off someone.

I had it with Fergie at St Mirren, I was desperate to get him in at Aberdeen for an age before he came.

I had it when I saw a young red haired lad playing for Dundee, Gordon Strachan was his name, again, I was shouting from the rooftops for the Dons to sign him long before we did.

I got it with Jack Ross at St Mirren also.

I'm no kind of talent scout, or fitba whisperer but every so often I get a right good vibe off someone.

Ross does come across as a nice bloke, and I hope that's nae his undoing.

sunland got beat at home tonight in the League Cup, not a big crowd there but great result for them as it helps them to concentrate on getting out the third division.

39249639_926116434243460_631020574845016

which way out of the division though? there is an up and a down :lol:

9 hours ago, AMIW said:

which way out of the division though? there is an up and a down :lol:

A special moment for a lifelong Newcastle fan from Chester le Street, who grew up watching and idolising Alan Shearer, as well as hoping he could emulate the talent of Laurent Robert with Reach also playing on the left (read below).

Adam Reach was actually with Newcastle until the age of 15 but then moved to Middlesbrough and eventually came through as a first team player, then later joining Sheffield Wednesday in 2016 for £5m.

As well as the result and a Newcastle fan scoring the killer goal, many Sunderland fans were also unhappy with a decision made before the game by their new owners.

With so few Sunderland fans expected to turn up, the Mackem hierarchy decided to open only one stand, leaving the other three empty, despite Sheff Wed taking healthy support to the game (making up a decent proportion of the 13,890 attendance)

sunderland-fans-lets-all-laugh-at-newcas

Jaysus three yellows and a straight red in the first 24 minutes WTF? Sounds meaty.

19 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Jaysus three yellows and a straight red in the first 24 minutes WTF? Sounds meaty.

Sounds division 3

My kinda fitba.

Just been watching the lower leagues show (used to be on Channel 5 now on "Quest") some magic rammies.

I see one of the Mackems' bookings was "Bebo" MaGuire who then got hooked at halftime.

One of the thickest fitba players ever.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, AMIW said:

Papy contract ripped up, not davd moyes greatest signing

He turned up late and over weight, court case could be interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45496640

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

but what should be the punishment? maybe sent to play in Siberia?

I reckon he doesn't like sunland at all

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/you-ll-never-see-me-in-sunderland-again-stewart-donald-reveals-shocking-message-from-wantaway-defender-1-9344089