Sign in to follow this  
Paolo's Circus Story

Sunderland AFC: A New Start?

Just seen the goals, looked a bounce when the late equaliser went in.

On 11/24/2018 at 6:24 PM, MagicRatAFC said:

Just seen the goals, looked a bounce when the late equaliser went in.

mackems sure do know how to have a good time :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

mackems sure do know how to have a good time :D

Holy shit........ there's nae two bits of them hanging the right way.

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2018 at 11:47 PM, MagicRatAFC said:

I'm telling you, Jack Ross knows what he's about.

Mebbe you guys could head hunt him when FCB finally drives Rafa away.

The mackem love affair with Jack is well and truly in trouble

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/time-for-ross-to-go.1462463/

They couldn't even beat Accrington Stanley 

dsdsf.png?quality=90%26strip=all%26zoom=

Aye, been watching how it's going.

It's sad cos I reckon Ross is a right promising manager, but the bottom line is the Mackems cannot spend more than one season in the third division.

By hook or by crook they need out.

They're still a massive club.......mebbe the jump from St Mirren to Soo'lan' was too much.....who knows, but it looks like his coat is on a shoogly peg.

If it looks like they're not escaping I'd expect the panic button to be pressed.

26 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Aye, been watching how it's going.

It's sad cos I reckon Ross is a right promising manager, but the bottom line is the Mackems cannot spend more than one season in the third division.

By hook or by crook they need out.

They're still a massive club.......mebbe the jump from St Mirren to Soo'lan' was too much.....who knows, but it looks like his coat is on a shoogly peg.

If it looks like they're not escaping I'd expect the panic button to be pressed.

I must admit, as a Newcastle  United fan I'm enjoying it.

Even though i do realise Newcastle could be there in the third division very soon if thing go tits up.

I agree sunland and the Don have gambled that they will go straight back up, it's not a certainty now.

If they don't go up this season, they are right in the shite.  Ross, for me should get another season and i think he'd do a job. But I doubt he'll be allowed to.

The "new start" is not going to plan. 

Still they have the 6 in a row..they can shout it loud ..just like Quincy did as the shark swallowed him up in Jaws  

I think Ross, as I said, was a "project" appointment..... promising manager, still learning.

Sadly the days of gaffers getting time to learn (a la Fergie, Man U, Mark Robbins........etc.) are gone, so unless Ross gets them up..... he's toast.

But, if he gets them up, I reckon he'd be afforded time in Division two for a rebuild, as long as he kept them mid table.

33 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

They'll be watching The Lads at Wembley in just over 3 weeks :D

Paolo, what's the mood music like amongst the fans re: Jack Ross?

I'd imagine there'd have been rumblings during that mega run of draws but are they mostly behind him?

7 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Paolo, what's the mood music like amongst the fans re: Jack Ross?

I'd imagine there'd have been rumblings during that mega run of draws but are they mostly behind him?

There were some hyperbolic comments made by a minor selection of the supporters when we were drawing all of those matches, but all in all we're very happy and definitely behind him and The Lads.

He's not a flawless manager, but he's doing a better job than I expected him or any other manager to have done for us at this point back in May 2018. 

Seven points off top and two points off second with a game in hand, and a trip to Wembley on the horizon. There's no reason to be unhappy at the minute. 

• Like 1

Maybe I've got blinkers on with Ross, but I think he has the potential to be a top manager.

He's a ways off that just now, but I hope Sunderland stick with him during the (inevitable) bumps in the road.

Circumstances have probably taken him to a bigger club than he was ready for at this stage, but he's got a load of potential.

mackems v Barnsley is a massive game coming up in the 3rd division 

fair play to sunland getting to wembley for the checkatrade cup final, it will be a new experience for their fans to watch a game from the third tier :rolleyes:

just kidding, i hope they win it, in fact i hope they get to the final again next season ;) 

I work with a few mackems, propper fans like. They're not sure that they will go, but i think they will

If Newcastle were in division 3 and got to the Final, i'd be there in a shot. A day out at wembley is a day not to be missed imo.

13 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

. A day out at wembley is a day not to be missed imo.

I fully agree Roy, their goalposts are just wonderful.

Mackems v Pompey I'd imagine will be close to a sell out?

Two proper fanbases

Been out for a meal with my future son-in-law tonight. He's chuffed to bits about his team being in the Final. He's joining us for lunch on Mother's Day and he asked me if he's allowed to have his phone on the go. :)

6 hours ago, Eileen said:

Been out for a meal with my future son-in-law tonight. He's chuffed to bits about his team being in the Final. He's joining us for lunch on Mother's Day and he asked me if he's allowed to have his phone on the go. :)

So he has obviously had his card marked and been well warned about you then..;)

He also asked me if he could have my daughter's hand in marriage.

He's just that kind of lad. :)

• Like 5

On 3/12/2019 at 11:19 PM, Eileen said:

Are you telling me he put his future wife before watching his team  at wembley ??? 

Bloody hell !!!

He must love your daughter to bits !  :D

• Haha 1

Good day for the Mackems yesterday, Barnsley and Luton drop points and they scrape a win.

Bizarrely they don't play another league game until 3rd April, due to the cup final v Pompey and, I assume, cos of the international break next week (though the rest of division three seem to be playing).

mackems in Trafalgar Square tonight ahead of the checkathingy cup final tomorrow. It's a great achievement for the 3rd division team seeing that the qualifying run for this cup started in 2016. It looks like more fans there than they had at home games in the Championship.

But joking aside, a great  turn out. A couple of lads i work with are there, i honestly hope they have a great weekend, despite the defeat :D 

D27llfRWwAEW3ok.jpg?format=jpg&name=orig