Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

So, while I don't pretend to have a mighty collection to rival those who seem to have moved on to pastures new, I do have a reasonable stash, so anyone got any requests?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Replies 26k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mickb

• Born To Rock

• Twink

• sunshine2020

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone I am home from the hospital again !! First of all, I would like to thank everyone for all the support and loving messages, including all personal messages have done me good. 

Good morning! Here's a "Sunday surprise" for your enjoyment. Hrubesh used the wav files from my 1985-09-01 release and applied his skills to improve the sound. When I listened to his finished pro

Back to The River - starting 1981... 1981-01-20 Toronto CAN 1981-01-20 Toronto CAN 'Deep Down In The Glove Compartment' (SBD) https://mega.nz/folder/BuxSiLQa#C8EUxauAI5QYS5XOpHJogQ

Posted Images

3 hours ago, bosstrade01 said:

So to sum up today....

Thundercrack feels bullied by Sunshine (but still makes requests :blink:)

CmonMrTrouble wants folks to behave

Estreet_19 keeps losing his posts

This is The Way is feeling a little sad :(

Its like watching an episode of 'Soap'  ffs

Hay i loved Soap back in the day !

This is one of my favourite threads even if i have no idea how to shear so i don't download very much 

But I mainly pop in here for a bit of a laugh and to enjoy the awsone little sub community you guys have going - the cool (but nice) kids

Im sick of all the fucking death and saddness of late in the world 

Please all be nicer to each other 

I think most long time posters have all threatened to go off and join another community at one stage or another (even i have not long after i had arrived here)

But the lake is deep and its my home

My little piece of NJ deep in the heart of Denmark 

Love and respect to you all

Nicky

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, SvZ Bandana said:

So, while I don't pretend to have a mighty collection to rival those who seem to have moved on to pastures new, I do have a reasonable stash, so anyone got any requests?

I need a rain check 

But im happy to give as much storage space on my laptop as i can :lol:

But im inept at even the simplest tasks

Like how do you create a folder ?

My 'Bruce' is scattered from arsehole to breakfast all over any and each device ive ever owned (not unlike every unopened moving box in this house :lol:)

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I need a rain check 

But im happy to give as much storage space on my laptop as i can :lol:

But im inept at even the simplest tasks

Like how do you create a folder ?

My 'Bruce' is scattered from arsehole to breakfast all over any and each device ive ever owned (not unlike every unopened moving box in this house :lol:)

"scattered from arsehole to breakfast" is about the most delightful turn of phrase I have heard since I left Glasgow in 2000, and one which I am going to use frequently from now on.  Thank you!

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, SvZ Bandana said:

"scattered from arsehole to breakfast" is about the most delightful turn of phrase I have heard since I left Glasgow in 2000, and one which I am going to use frequently from now on.  Thank you!

Your welcome :lol:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, thundercrack83 said:

Hello all,

This will most likely be my final post here, since I'm probably going to alienate everyone, but I think it needs to be said.

@sunshine2020 is responsible for the negative trend here. For some reason, she believes that she is owed something because she shares from her "glorious collection," as she has called it. 

@mickb, @Twink, @Born To Rock, @chevy396 and other folks who I may have missed (I am sorry) have shared comparable shows, if not more than her, without all the drama, bullying, and other assorted nonsense. It was her bullying of newer members that finally pushed me to speak out, which may have been the small stones that started this avalanche.

When I first came here last spring, I made the classic mistake--I asked for about 15 shows. Guess what happened. Someone kindly said something like, "Hello, welcome. That's quite a list, pick one or two." And that's what I did. I said from the beginning, I wanted to build my collection not only so I have the shows, but so that I can help share with the community. While I haven't shared nearly as much as other, I've been able to help as best as I could. Had I joined and started in January 2021, I would have been belittled and bullied for even asking for a show. Not by the community, but by @sunshine2020.

In her self-appointed role as disciplinarian here, I alone was disciplined for not searching for shows, using capital letters, posting shows when a new person requested, among other things. For almost a year, I never searched for a show before requesting. I should have been, but I was unaware of it. Did @mickb or @Twink or others bully me about it? No, in fact, they didn't even mention it. They just humbly fulfilled my request. Then @sunshine2020 became a regular poster here and the "rules" started. That's not to say that some general request guidelines aren't necessary, but the bullying and rudeness are unnecessary.

I understand the frustrations that big sharers must feel after the countless hours of work uploading shows and not even getting a thank you. But sharing, in any capacity, if oftentimes thankless. Should people be more thankful for the generosity shown here? Absolutely. But just as in life, there are people that are not going to express thanks for generosity.

And to @sunshine2020--If you think that I am picking on you or bullying you, that is not my intention. I am merely pointing our your behavior and the consequences thereof. I don't need an argument or private message filled with anger, so please don't waste your time or mine. You have been very generous to the people here with your collection, but the price that it came with was too high. Your collection is no better than anyone else's, just as you are no better than anyone here. I suggest you take a look at how your actions have affected things here before pointing the fingers elsewhere.

With that, I will say goodbye. But before I go, would some please post 1981-09-08 San Diego, CA as my last request??? It's literally the only show that I am missing and I doubt that I'll be making it to when our great friend @Twink gets there on her River Tour.

Take care, all.

So you've been here a year, taken freely, have now pissed in the punch bowl, and will leave. I've shed tears for many of the long-timers here who have passed away, whose voices here and contributions over time added much enjoyment to the rest of us. I'll have none for you.

Whatever issues existed could have, IMO should have, been handled through PMs. There is rarely (never?) a need for public discipline or shaming here. It's supposed to be a community here - I hope we can act like it, please.

If you can't look at our broader society, certainly here in America, and see the disaster of tribalism, shirts & skins, "our" side and "their" side, then you're not paying attention. This place should be always be a refuge from all that, not a continuation of it.

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
2 minutes ago, JimCT said:

So you've been here a year, taken freely, have now pissed in the punch bowl, and will leave. I've shed tears for many of the long-timers here who have passed away, whose voices here and contributions over time added much enjoyment to the rest of us. I'll have none for you.

Whatever issues existed could have, IMO should have, been handled through PMs. There is rarely (never?) a need for public discipline or shaming here. It's supposed to be a community here - I hope we can act like it, please.

If you can't look at our broader society, certainly here in America, and see the disaster of tribalism, shirts & skins, "our" side and "their" side, then you're not paying attention. This place should be always be a refuge from all that, not a continuation of it.

*sigh*  Seriously.  Fecking STOP IT.  As @CmonMrTrouble said a few hours ago, the argument ends.  STOP or even noobs like me will be gone from this tiresome shite.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, JimCT said:

I think I understand Jim's point and I am willing to take some of the heat for what has happened the last couple of days.

We should have shut down the "do what I say" nonsense quicker, before feelings got too boiled over.  Then the entitlement wouldn't have had a chance to grow to the point that people started to feel not appreciated for their posts, while others felt oppressed by the controlling actions of a few.

We probably didn't delete some posts we should have, and those may have ramped up the heat of others, but we were also sensitive to those who were complaining that their posts were being deleted - Solomon's choice as neither decision creates a solution that is appreciated by all involved - still it is regrettable that we didn't end it quicker

No doubt some are angry tonight, and I can see a few have "thrown their toys out of the pram" and decided to delete their links and vent their anger that way.  Each can judge for themselves about those who have "taken their ball and gone home" as every one is responsible for their own decisions and their own reputation.  If that is how some people want to be, then we can make an estimate of their character based on that I suppose.

But here is where we are - what has been said has been said and the arguments are finished. 

Any more posts on the topic will be deleted, taking the wood out of the fire if you will.

Some won't come back and as I said earlier, that is fine.  Others have done the same over the years and Greasy Lake is still here many years later.  Every time something like this happens (and long timers will remember more than a few) others fill the void and music is still shared freely. 

The forum rules won't be changing - we still want a friendly, generous community.  If some choose to be selfish and not share their files here, of course that's their choice.  But we won't allow anyone to set some arbitrary standard to be "deserving" of this community.

Hope that is clear enough - if you want to discuss it further, feel free to send me a PM

• Like 6

Hi

Totally agree with @CmonMrTrouble

Been reading the posts about "share something before you request something" to newcommers. Granted, I did that myself, as I had gotten the impression, that was the way things were done here.

A reason post on the forum regarding the days when trading was done with cassette tape (google it youngsters ;)) got me thing back to the days when I first startet collecting. Had a few shows that I'd gotten of a freind how bought a few bootleg records of the Tunnel Of Love tour.

I wantet more shows, as we all do, and startet to try and trade shows, but everyone I got in contact with had a lot of shows, and the ones I had were nothing special, I had to buy them by sending extra blank tapes.

I think we all need to think back to when we all startet with little or no shows. Yes, today we have a lot of different sites from where we can download, but what's wrong with helping out fellow addicts like ourselves in getting more shows and uploading? We all love his music, and we all want the same thing....to have as many shows as possible

I've been downloading from here for years, but didn't upload myself until resently. I like the idea of a friendly community with people helping fellow fans.

• Like 6
  • Bruuuuce! 2
14 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

I want to thank each and every one of you have participated in this thread. I could name names (you know who you are :)) but I don't want to leave out anyone so THANK YOU ALL.

Like I've said, I hung out on Greasylake way back when but left and stayed out of all Bruce-communities for about a decade (occasionally lurking on BTX). I returned last summer when this thread was somewhere around the 600th page - it has grown nearly twice as long since then and I have about 458 pages to go through. :wub:

Anyway, the biggest thank you to you all comes for inspiring me to get back to my old hobby, Storyteller on Brucebase.  Greasylake and particularly this bootleg thread and the people here made me want pick up a hobby that I'd neglected for a decade. Last night I "hit" show number 93 this year - having started two months ago! You guys are what keeps me going - and I hope that my thanks in a small way keep you all going. BROOOOCEEE! 

"Can you feel the spirit?...Can you feel the spirit now?..."

"You make me wanna...SHOUT!"

[Oh good God. :lol:]

Similar thoughts here, I found myself here about 8 months ago having been in the Bruce desert for quite a while, finding this rekindled my passion for Bruceboots, the thread became it's own community and the volume of sharing was unbelievable with some great laughs along the way, THANK YOU to every single person who shared something.  The thread certainly helped through some dark lockdown days, of which there were many, and brought much enjoyment to life in general.  Sadly all great things come to an end, long live BruceBoots wherever they are.  take care everyone......... xx

• Like 6
  • Hug 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

@This is The Way - glad we got to 'meet up' again after all these years - and it was this forum that enabled it. 

I'm sorry to read that some of you are Heading West (as Cyndi would trill) and I wish you all well.  Mebbies there's still a chance you might stay around? I hope so.

Oh ... and the date on my t-shirt? January 3rd, 1982 ( I think) ... I've forgotten! Nebraska recorded in Japan?

• Like 1

Ive said this before and ill say it again 

Im sorry im too thick to upload and shear

All i really have thats worth shearing is how Nebraska was born

But i promise when i have the head space with lots of help i will learn how to do it

I would never take even one person in this community for granted 

Best wishes to all.

Freindship in the name of Bruce Springsteen 

Nicky

• Hug 1
1 minute ago, Eileen said:

@This is The Way - glad we got to meet up again after all these years - and it was this forum that enabled it. 

I'm sorry to read that some of you are Heading West (as Cyndi would trill) and I wish you all well.  Mebbies there's still a chance you might stay around? I hope so.

Oh ... and the date on my t-shirt? January 3rd, 1982 ( I think) ... TGOTJ recording.

At last, I can sleep at night - been bugging me that one ;)

Best wishes Eileen :wub:

• Like 1
  • Hug 1
2 minutes ago, mickb said:

At last, I can sleep at night - been bugging me that one ;)

Best wishes Eileen :wub:

Hope you saw the edit ... Nebraska I think. or was it? Anyway, it was an album I didn't like (hated) but liked the connection when it was pointed out to me at a Badland's 'do'.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, mickb said:

Hi Daisy / Nicky,

I don't really want to get into this here, as I'm sure many are sick of this by now, but (& I'm sure I can speak for others here too), the above you mention is merely a side-show.

We completely understand many (for a variety of reasons) are unable to load / share. I think this has become the perception of the main problem here, however there's much deeper reasons for the current state.

It's far more about the respect (of lack of) for others, common decency, good manners, & the targeted 'attacks' by others existing on another site. It's a terrible situation, as a significant amount of this is not visible on the threads, making it almost impossible for folk to make a fair assessment of the situation. I for one will not tolerate the despicable behavior demonstrated towards folk I regard as dear friends, & will make a stand based on what I know & am aware of.

I really hope this thread one day comes back to what it should be: a friendly, fun, enjoyable place where we can share the great captures of concerts we all love, & ensure many more after us can continue to get pleasure from that.

best wishes, M.

mickb - would you be willing to say which "on another site" refers, please??

Many thanks

6 minutes ago, monkinmotion said:

mickb - would you be willing to say which "on another site" refers, please??

Many thanks

sorry, no - I won't give them air-time here.

The Mods know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, mickb said:

sorry, no - I won't give them air-time here.

The Mods know.

There are lots of other Bruce forums besides BTX and Greasy Lake. 

Some are very small with just a few dozen members and others get to a few hundred at times.  Over the years those sites seem to come and go.  There are very few that last much more than a year, I have joined 15+ of them over the years and all but two are gone, with one of those getting 10 posts a week, often less than that.

Sadly, some end up being a "go here and complain about _________" site.  So people play childish games, throwing around crap about people on one site, then going to another and pretending to be a friend to the same person they were bashing.  Usually these comments get found out (nothing on the internet is a secret) and people's feelings get hurt and it spills over onto here, BTX or other places like Facebook.

As an example, I have been sent screenshots of posts reported to be PM's I sent to a member here, edited with language I wouldn't use, saying things I wouldn't say ever, that were then cut and pasted onto another forum, with comments like "Isn't Mike an asshole?"     Frankly, it is what it is and some people have few if any ethical controls 

As I mentioned earlier, we can't control and so don't care about what is said on other places on the internet.  So we won't give a platform to people who want to play those kinds of games, we try to be a little more mature than that, at least when we are talking about real people with real feelings.

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 2
21 hours ago, Estreet_19 said:

Thanks for the reply, you seemed to have made this all about people leaving because they are not getting the recognition they deserve. The last request was more about people not sharing and only asking for more and more shows. The only way this thing works if everyone plays along and shares what they have. As it stands we have a list of probably 6 or so people who consistently provide 95% of the shows. Some people just request and not share and do that without any thoughts as to what it takes to share, almost like it is just expected that their shows will just show up - (I think) is what some are starting to take exception to. I came here to build my collection and soon found out the level of shows that are being shared here by these posters both in quantity and more importantly quality is not matched anywhere else. Now I strongly fear that the moderators have chased off the people with the quality to share that I am looking for. I sure hope I am wrong, but I fear I am not. 

I'm still here! Just ask if you are looking for something!

• Like 6
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 2

I would have never guessed things would get nasty in here. 

I hope everyone can put there differences aside and stay and continue to have fun. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

:D:D:D

I would like to request everyone's full library of stuff! 

I can trade 2 boots I have if you would like. 

I'll send you all the books (not Bruce-related) I was planning to give to the Red Cross shop. :)

And if you have a pair of boots size 39, send them in return. :D

• Haha 4
21 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

And if you have a pair of boots size 39, send them in return. :D

39cm? That's one big foot. Our you in a circus? :D