Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

10 minutes ago, monkinmotion said:

A couple of things   ....

Apologies for the 5 February 1975 upload - it wasn't on my list of officially released shows, but I fully understand

No worries, I may have preemptively pulled the trigger, based on a recollection I had about some of the tracks being released.  Saw "legally released" on Brucebase and took it down.

The good news is, I never thought I was perfect (not since getting married at least) and so I expect no one (including me) is shocked if I screw up and do something stupid!

Thanks for sharing!

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This is one I actually have, so here you go. I don't use a MEGA account, so hopefully Dropbox suffices, and it is in MP3 without any of the info files I've read are git important and that - hopefully this isn't too much of an issue. 

Anyway, enjoy! - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qweryltm71c8qka/AABQedWEw_zWzHTbpPwgZII5a?dl=0

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 10:52 PM, mickb said:

ok, I'll start the 1st 2 shortly (2007).

here you go:

Flac, art, info,etc:

2007-10-05 Springsteen Philly Schoeps MK4V

https://mega.nz/#F!7AIHwKLb!zVG6cBQvtYptWHsHECY3yw

2007-12-04 Spektrum, Oslo, Norway (Bull)

https://mega.nz/#F!vUYzlIoB!ZKQI4jiy4-iWs9WQglDhrA

Hello everyone,

would anybody possibly have either or both of these versions of the shows? Please post them if you do. Thanks so much in advance!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AverageTD said:

Hi all, looking for Vienna 24/04/1999 if anyone's got it. My current boots folder is on the very small side so I don't have much to give in return if that's alright?

Hi @AverageTD Welcome!  Here's the 1999-04-24 show in Flac, with info file, artwork and all that good stuff.  Please feel free to share things from your collection.

1999-04-24 Vienna AUS (Gamble Records)

https://mega.nz/folder/5C5QnDBK#lwoUEN8OB-4tjoRJUsZ7Zg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 4/15/2021 at 5:30 AM, Jimmy James said:

I would have never guessed things would get nasty in here. 

I hope everyone can put there differences aside and stay and continue to have fun. 

I know Jimmy:(

They all seem so nice here

I don't know how to upload so i used to just pop in here for a laugh  and a hello and im sad it turned to tears 

All ill say to anyone is greasylake is a great place but like any community no one is going to get on with everyone - its the way life is

And an internet community is what you make of it

I learned long ago why fall out with people who don't love WOAD when i benefit personally  more from freindships  

6 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This is one I actually have, so here you go. I don't use a MEGA account, so hopefully Dropbox suffices, and it is in MP3 without any of the info files I've read are git important and that - hopefully this isn't too much of an issue. 

Anyway, enjoy! - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qweryltm71c8qka/AABQedWEw_zWzHTbpPwgZII5a?dl=0

Always nice to to see you :)  Bentornato il mio pseudo amico italiano :lol::lol::ph34r: (...i just cant help myself)

On 4/15/2021 at 2:57 AM, CmonMrTrouble said:

There are lots of other Bruce forums besides BTX and Greasy Lake. 

Some are very small with just a few dozen members and others get to a few hundred at times.  Over the years those sites seem to come and go.  There are very few that last much more than a year, I have joined 15+ of them over the years and all but two are gone, with one of those getting 10 posts a week, often less than that.

Sadly, some end up being a "go here and complain about _________" site.  So people play childish games, throwing around crap about people on one site, then going to another and pretending to be a friend to the same person they were bashing.  Usually these comments get found out (nothing on the internet is a secret) and people's feelings get hurt and it spills over onto here, BTX or other places like Facebook.

As an example, I have been sent screenshots of posts reported to be PM's I sent to a member here, edited with language I wouldn't use, saying things I wouldn't say ever, that were then cut and pasted onto another forum, with comments like "Isn't Mike an asshole?"     Frankly, it is what it is and some people have few if any ethical controls 

As I mentioned earlier, we can't control and so don't care about what is said on other places on the internet.  So we won't give a platform to people who want to play those kinds of games, we try to be a little more mature than that, at least when we are talking about real people with real feelings.

Gee Thats slander :angry:

Don't Americans usually sue for much less ;)

I have seen and heard a few things in other places i would have preferred  not to - about mods - about my horseman freinds,  so i am happiest just  to stay here

I do have some personal standards that i try very hard to uphold and not gossiping is one of them

Evil gossip kills three: the one who says it, the one who listens, and the subject of the gossip

—Talmud

• Like 2

Now im like Jimmy i don't have much to shear - except i have no idea how to upload

Is it ok if i download the odd show as it becomes available?

I will eventually learn how, i promise  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Now im like Jimmy i don't have much to shear - except i have no idea how to upload

Of course, the whole idea is to enjoy what is available, being wrecked with guilt shouldn't be part of this at all.

And don't worry about what people say about me, sharks have thick skin, remember? ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, simongar said:

Hello everyone,

would anybody possibly have either or both of these versions of the shows? Please post them if you do. Thanks so much in advance!

https://we.tl/t-iFTXzpXslo

Here is 2007-12-04 Oslo, NOR (Bull) FLAC w/ info & artwork

link valid for 7 days

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Thanks 2

From early albums there are circulating a lot of demo’s, alternate versions and outtakes on various bootlegs. The last known outtakes I know are from HT / LT and the Blood Brothers sessions but are there are also bootlegs with demo’s and outtakes from Tom Joad and all the later albums?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marnix said:

From early albums there are circulating a lot of demo’s, alternate versions and outtakes on various bootlegs. The last known outtakes I know are from HT / LT and the Blood Brothers sessions but are there are also bootlegs with demo’s and outtakes from Tom Joad and all the later albums?

No, because of the very tight security post-BUSA sessions. Without looking at the Tracks running order in detail now: Except the previously released B-sides etc. and songs played live (Part Man, Part Monkey, When The Lights Go Out, The Wish, Brothers Under The Bridge), even most post-BUSA songs on Tracks were not heard before (at least in studio versions).

And the last known outtakes are on High Hopes.:) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Please tell me that you haven't been ignoring the chance to download all the others?

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, roomforonemore said:

Please tell me that you haven't been ignoring the chance to download all the others?

:(

Yip :(

And i have a tonn of free space on my laptop

Like after we brought it and got it home it had twice as much space as it said on the label (i got it from cash converters) 

I just didn't want to do the wrong thing 

People have been very generouse to me in the Bruce world and its hard gor me to always pay it to forward and i didn't want to take anyone for granted 

• Hug 2

35 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Like after we brought it and got it home it had twice as much space as it said on the label (i got it from cash converters) 

People have been very generouse to me in the Bruce world and its hard gor me to always pay it to forward and i didn't want to take anyone for granted 

Are you looking for any particular shows? Do you prefer FLACs or mp3s?

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Let us know if you're looking for anything particular, maybe we can help :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

Are you looking for any particular shows? Do you prefer FLACs or mp3s?

MPs - all my nugs are mps and i mainly listen on my phone and they take up less space 

And thank you 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

20 minutes ago, MichaelU1230 said:

Let us know if you're looking for anything particular, maybe we can help :)

Thank you.

I do have something in mind from the origional river tour - ill get back to you guys after i check the details

Much appreated  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

MPs - all my nugs are mps and i mainly listen on my phone and they take up less space 

And thank you 

I have a Walkman mp3 player (has 200 GB of storage space) that I take with me on walks and train rides. Yesterday I listened to the 2nd East Troy show from the BITUSA tour (EV2 versions, EV2s are great sounding usually).

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

For those who prefer shows in mp3 format, I will probably run through the whole of

Doberman

DS Archives

E Street

EV2

Godfather

Great Dane

in mp3 format after I have completed the FLAC run of JEMS (which only started 2 days ago)

Also Crystal Cat in both FLAC and mp3 if there is a demand

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, monkinmotion said:

For those who prefer shows in mp3 format, I will probably run through the whole of

Doberman

DS Archives

E Street

EV2

Godfather

Great Dane

in mp3 format after I have completed the FLAC run of JEMS (which only started 2 days ago)

Also Crystal Cat in both FLAC and mp3 if there is a demand

That would be amazing, @monkinmotion.  I'm itching in anticipation!  Although my preference is for FLAC (which I can listen to on my desktop pc or convert to mp3 for ease of putting it onto iphone), mp3 is fine.  Many thanks (again, in anticipation).

• Like 2