Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

2 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Brilliant! - thanks so much - will be home in about an hour or so and I will continue downloading the others (one at a time) this evening and then get to these - terrific!  Cheers!

My pleasure @BruceWho. I am finding Mega very sloooooooooooooow right now so take your time singly downloading each boot (when you do) and give them time (about 30 minutes each) after Mega tells you the download is complete before you unzip them because when Mega is having a bad day it will tell you the move is done but will give you the same error messages you received last night. I've been there.... Be patient and I'm sure you'll be well rewarded :)

As a final point, things generally go way better & faster on the weekends when half of the world isn't working from home lol...

Cheers!

6 hours ago, Born To Rock said:

FYI 2009-07-28 the mp3 version is the only known version for so far!!

@Born To Rock...

Thank you very much for sharing this wisdom here. Much appreciated ;) by me and many more I'm sure...

I hope you are healthy and well...

Just now, allsetcobrajet said:

@Born To Rock...

Thank you very much for sharing this wisdom here. Much appreciated ;) by me and many more I'm sure...

I hope you are healthy and well...

I'm doing well, thanks!! :D

On 5/5/2021 at 7:14 AM, Arjan said:

some tour compilations:

1975 # Set Us Loose From Everything - Born To Run Tour Compilation (Sibarts)

https://mega.nz/folder/3pgSnSwZ#e4MZW5d80R5_Wf4Ug45pqw

1976-1977 # Shout Until You're Satisfied - Chicken Scratch Tour Compilation (Sibarts)

https://mega.nz/folder/itomzRQR#jGXLHgoR464DEFJfHZNywA

1978 # Strung Out On The Wire - Darkness On The Edge Of Town Tour Compilation (Sibarts)

https://mega.nz/folder/PsoA1aIS#00_cj3WVN1niYqgObxhDAA

1980-1981 # Where The Desert Breaks - The River Tour Compilation (Sibarts)

https://mega.nz/folder/f05UWDyQ#7gkXBygCZkzMbaYMTsk1Kg

1984-1985 # Burning In Some Fire Light - Born In The USA Tour Compilation (Sibarts)

https://mega.nz/folder/vp4GkApK#6Du_pfkANucvIhYsDNbO8w

1988 # Fortunes Of Heaven - Tunnel Of Love Compilation (Sibarts)

https://mega.nz/folder/rlxSwbCJ#vOX9QUQhFkTgKuSL8rBWew

enjoy!

So as I was cruising back through here I realized that I did not see these comps posted... The links are dead :( If there are any kind souls out there who have any of these would they please share?

TIA!!! :)

3 hours ago, allsetcobrajet said:

My pleasure @BruceWho. I am finding Mega very sloooooooooooooow right now so take your time singly downloading each boot (when you do) and give them time (about 30 minutes each) after Mega tells you the download is complete before you unzip them because when Mega is having a bad day it will tell you the move is done but will give you the same error messages you received last night. I've been there.... Be patient and I'm sure you'll be well rewarded :)

As a final point, things generally go way better & faster on the weekends when half of the world isn't working from home lol...

Cheers!

Many thanks again allsetcobrajet for "everything". Those concerned who have all been so helpful will be pleased to hear that the downloading exercise is (slowly) going much better tonight - I have the first 4 Boston shows done and I'm currently downloading the first of the 3 versions of the final night (Bakerstuff). On a slight negative note (overall) which is nothing anyone can do anything about - having skimmed over a few tracks from each of those first 4 shows I'm not hearing a terrific upgrade from what my video camera "did" capture tbh (in fact some stuff the camera sounds better) which has knocked the excitement of getting stuck in to the project a little (I thought the boots would be a sound upgrade and with more bass / balls). There are "some" tracks whereby I can tell I will use the boots but whereas I thought I'd be doing so for EVERY track I'm not so sure I will now (which is a bit of a bummer) - I may even do a "mix" here and there (lower my camera soundtrack and put the boot on as well in the hope the "mix" might be better than just the camera - don't know!?). Still have the Friday stuff to sample and then the Washington but feeling a little bit deflated about "how good" I was hoping this exercise wqs going to be - pity!  The help on here though has been amazing - thanks again to ALL concerned. I will mess around with it all in the days (weeks?) ahead.  Cheers everyone!   

4 hours ago, allsetcobrajet said:

Welcome aboard @leadfoot :)

Thanks for the awesome show share. Very much appreciated.

Your welcome, pretty sure this is the Reunion Flood version (taken from NZB file), so there is a double post of this version here today, Take your pick, apologies for that. I only have this version.

• Bruuuuce! 1

21 minutes ago, leadfoot said:

Your welcome, pretty sure this is the Reunion Flood version (taken from NZB file), so there is a double post of this version here today, Take your pick, apologies for that. I only have this version.

No worries, no problem @leadfoot... all good. The 2 files are the same size and both have the original .nzb file so you're probably right. Never-the-less, it's good info to have so as to avoid wasting storage on duplicate versions and no one can argue with the price of either boot :D The important thing is to share..

2 hours ago, allsetcobrajet said:

So as I was cruising back through here I realized that I did not see these comps posted... The links are dead :( If there are any kind souls out there who have any of these would they please share?

TIA!!! :)

Hi @allsetcobrajet,  Unfortunately, as was identified a few posts after @Arjan posted these comps, they contained quite a lot of either officially released material or boots from officially released dates (can't quite remember which, or if it was both), so Arjan had to pull the links quicksmart.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Many thanks again allsetcobrajet for "everything". Those concerned who have all been so helpful will be pleased to hear that the downloading exercise is (slowly) going much better tonight - I have the first 4 Boston shows done and I'm currently downloading the first of the 3 versions of the final night (Bakerstuff). On a slight negative note (overall) which is nothing anyone can do anything about - having skimmed over a few tracks from each of those first 4 shows I'm not hearing a terrific upgrade from what my video camera "did" capture tbh (in fact some stuff the camera sounds better) which has knocked the excitement of getting stuck in to the project a little (I thought the boots would be a sound upgrade and with more bass / balls). There are "some" tracks whereby I can tell I will use the boots but whereas I thought I'd be doing so for EVERY track I'm not so sure I will now (which is a bit of a bummer) - I may even do a "mix" here and there (lower my camera soundtrack and put the boot on as well in the hope the "mix" might be better than just the camera - don't know!?). Still have the Friday stuff to sample and then the Washington but feeling a little bit deflated about "how good" I was hoping this exercise wqs going to be - pity!  The help on here though has been amazing - thanks again to ALL concerned. I will mess around with it all in the days (weeks?) ahead.  Cheers everyone!   

This is a good post @BruceWhoeven though your initial head of steam has cooled a touch. You'll get it back I'm sure...

The reason I say that is that it gives people at least a little understanding and appreciation for the amount of work involved in goosing up a marginal bootleg to a pleasant sounding show and also sheds light on how hard it is to get a really good audience recording while security is scanning the crowd with night vision goggles lol.... We trade the boots that got out of the show... we never get to hear the ones that didn't make it out of the building. Some of the best concert stories I've ever heard or read are those told by 'tapers'... Also, the bottom end of the sonic spectrum is the most difficult to record successfully, even in a controlled environment, so getting real 'balls' at the bottom end of an audience recording is very, very difficult unless you have ears the size of Mickey Mouse and can hide a Telefunken U47 in each one lol... 

I look forward to hearing about the progress of your project! :)

6 minutes ago, SvZ Bandana said:

Hi @allsetcobrajet,  Unfortunately, as was identified a few posts after @Arjan posted these comps, they contained quite a lot of either officially released material or boots from officially released dates (can't quite remember which, or if it was both), so Arjan had to pull the links quicksmart.

10 - 4. Roger that... Thanks @SvZ Bandana. I brain-cramped and forgot that comps of '75 & later are effectively toast as far as sharing goes... Rookie mistake on my part :wacko:... Won't happen again lol...

14 hours ago, allsetcobrajet said:

This is a good post @BruceWhoeven though your initial head of steam has cooled a touch. You'll get it back I'm sure...

The reason I say that is that it gives people at least a little understanding and appreciation for the amount of work involved in goosing up a marginal bootleg to a pleasant sounding show and also sheds light on how hard it is to get a really good audience recording while security is scanning the crowd with night vision goggles lol.... We trade the boots that got out of the show... we never get to hear the ones that didn't make it out of the building. Some of the best concert stories I've ever heard or read are those told by 'tapers'... Also, the bottom end of the sonic spectrum is the most difficult to record successfully, even in a controlled environment, so getting real 'balls' at the bottom end of an audience recording is very, very difficult unless you have ears the size of Mickey Mouse and can hide a Telefunken U47 in each one lol... 

I look forward to hearing about the progress of your project! :)

Yeah - totally fair comment allsetcobrajet - and you obviously have great knowledge on this front. I've had many boots over the years (from the early days of "tapes" at Record Fairs and then the luxury of the CD's with proper cases and photos etc) obviously widely ranging in quality - but what I was "hoping" for was something akin to several that I've had by the likes of say Great Dane, Doberman and perhaps more so Crystal Cat!? I much prefer the CC recording of Wembley Stadium 4/7/85 to the Archive Series LA stadium show for example for "atmosphere" - and as a boot "that" sort of recording (and others) had what I was alluding to when I said "balls" - it has punch!  My camera has captured fairly decent sound - as mentioned (based on early samples) every bit as good as (better than some I'd say) these particular boots, and no one can do anything about that - I was just "hopeful" of something akin to a good CC type of capture, that would have defintely outdone my camera sound..........but I'm not hearing it, hich is a shame/pity but can't be helped.........the only one (so far) that I can see me using (in part) would be the Sat 21/8, and (because of my position in the hall - high rear) that will only be on my second dvd "bonus footage" so to speak...........but, we'll see.........whatever the outcome I'm happy and glad to be doing the project an preserving the memories for us and "future proofing" those memories - thanks again for all the help (and interest) I've been on the Lake for several years now but this week has been my first time EVER over here on this corner - there is a great bunch of people here! Good on ya!  P.S. has anyone do you know ever done a number on stuff like the Backstreets from 75-85 and put Sad Eyes back in!!?   Cheers!    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongar said:

Does anybody have this show handy to re-post? The link has expired. Thank you so much in advance!

2008-06-21 Hamburg 2008 June 21 (Badabing)

Yup - I have it.  Uploading for you now.

Here you go.  Link good for a week:

2008-06-21 Hamburg 2008 June 21 (Badabing)

https://we.tl/t-lwJe3vCzWg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, evman1986 said:

does any one have any demos from 1972-1973 with janey needs a shooter, if i were a priest and songs for orphans thanks so much 

Hello! This set has If I Was the Priest and Song for Orphans. the version of Orphans from Max's Kansas City on disc 2 is, in my opinion, the definitive version. I like it much more than the Letter to You and Trenton 2005 versions!

There's a '78 Janey on disc 6, but I don't believe there is a '73 Janey on here. I have to look back and see where that one can be found!

Enjoy!

The Unsurpassed Vol. 1-6 (Yellow Dog Records - Silvers)

https://mega.nz/folder/TlhXHSpJ#O388l1DUBfFdS-9p7tkKkw

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thundercrack83 said:

Hello! This set has If I Was the Priest and Song for Orphans. the version of Orphans from Max's Kansas City on disc 2 is, in my opinion, the definitive version. I like it much more than the Letter to You and Trenton 2005 versions!

There's a '78 Janey on disc 6, but I don't believe there is a '73 Janey on here. I have to look back and see where that one can be found!

Enjoy!

Although the artwork leads you to believe it was from 1978, the version of Janey Needs a Shooter on Unsurpassed Volume 6 is from 914 Sound Studios in January 1973.   Tracks 1-4 are from that session.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

Does anyone have Manchester Apollo 13 May 1981 please

Here you go! I've added the 14th show, too...

1981-05-13 Manchester ENG (River Flood Project)

https://mega.nz/folder/X9QGHB4R#Pqrr-kkT_1WLAFsKogal8Q

1981-05-14 Manchester (River Flood Project)

https://mega.nz/folder/Lxx0CabB#Gvh0Bx4BelwHXK-9_zbklg

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thundercrack83 said:

Enjoy!

thanks so much for this awesome set

History of Janey Needs A Shooter- Originally recorded in January 1973, as a demo with piano and vocal. It was recorded on 4 inch reel tapes by Mike Appel and Jim Cretecos This was used as a publishing demo. Session log documents from 914 Studios indicate that a Spanish-flavored, full band arrangement of this song was recorded at some point during the sessions for Born to Run. In 1977, it was recorded in a studio rehearsal in a full band arrangement in a version with fewer verses. In 1979, Bruce resurrected the song again and recorded it in a few partial takes as demos with acoustic guitar. The song has never been released, however, in 1994 the four inch reel tape is auctioned off, along with three other songs recorded at the same session in 1973. The song is said to have been co-written with Warren Zevon, but the song was actually written by Zevon from knowledge of the title “Janey Needs A Shooter”. He learned of the title in the late 1970’s, and had this to say, “I’d heard this Springsteen song title from his manager, Jon Landau. I asked Bruce about it so many times, he finally said, ‘You like it so much, why don’t you write it?’ Warren Zevon said, "In 1979, I did write a few lines, (called, "Jeannie Needs a Shooter.") T-Bone Burnett added something. I cut a track and actually put strings on it, then showed up at Bruce’s house in Asbury Park in the middle of the night. He was asleep on the sofa in front of a videotaped baseball game, I roused him and played what I had for him. ‘It’s nice,’ he said, ‘but where are all the other verses?’ I just smiled.” It was originally released by Zevon on his Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School album in 1980. The Warren Zevon song was release on The Bruce Springsteen Songbook compilation in

• Like 1

to go on, fillling my gaps it would be fine, if someone can help with some 2012 shows.

2012-04-16  Albany, NY  (Bakerstuff)

2012-05-18  Barcelona (Javichum Version)

2012-05-25  Frankfurt  (Crystal Cat)

2012-07-04  Paris (Godfather records – hrubesh)  +  Zimmy 21

2012-07-17  Dublin, IRE

2012-07-18  Dublin, IRE

2012-07-23  Oslo, Norway   (Ballerusk Version)

2012-10-25  Hartford, CT  Bossman284-Earlmv Edit)  +  Hobbes4444 Version

Thanks you in advance

2 hours ago, The Randolph said:

to go on, fillling my gaps it would be fine, if someone can help with some 2012 shows.

2012-04-16  Albany, NY  (Bakerstuff)

2012-05-18  Barcelona (Javichum Version)

2012-05-25  Frankfurt  (Crystal Cat)

2012-07-04  Paris (Godfather records – hrubesh)  +  Zimmy 21

2012-07-17  Dublin, IRE

2012-07-18  Dublin, IRE

2012-07-23  Oslo, Norway   (Ballerusk Version)

2012-10-25  Hartford, CT  Bossman284-Earlmv Edit)  +  Hobbes4444 Version

Thanks you in advance

I will upload both Dublin shows by tomorrow morning

Frankfurt C Cat 1013-5  https://we.tl/t-lZ1QWiDplh  

Paris 2012-07-04 Godfather records La Vie En Rose  https://we.tl/t-aLhDHvuMUf 

Link valid for 1 week