Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

6 hours ago, andromeda1968 said:

Hi guys there is a flac version of boot LP BACK TO THE ROOTS (Milano 1985) ?? thanks

6 hours ago, allsetcobrajet said:

Nada here... this is the 4 LP set right?

Maybe it should be noted the original 4LP set had many tracks out of order. I don't know if the cd version has the same -incorrect-  running order? Then I should recommend the Crystal Cat version or one of the other various cd's of this show. (For correct running order; I am not giving advice now on sound qualtiy and as a non-audiophile I would dare to do that).

The 4LP set also had a FREE POSTER!:) but that is not something worthwhile on cd versions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

another anniversary show - 1984-08-11

The 2d set started with the usual - Hungry Heart, Caddy Ranch, DITD. But then we got this amazing run: Spirit > Fire > No Surrender > Because > Growin' Up > Bobby Jean > Backstreets > Rosalita. 62 minutes of non-stop E Street magic! When it was done I went down my row and hugged each of my friends because this was so special. Bringing out John Entwistle for Twist & Shout was almost anti-climatic.

384116171_1984-08-11BBB.thumb.jpg.b63bc6c5548d03ae80a176ac1ad267ed.jpg

1984-08-11 East Rutherford NJ (Marthon Man-Unknown Label - Vinyl Transfer) Recorder One

https://mega.nz/file/bgp3WYxD#L4YFhVupGoeK7v626_g2q9nueQPhB1I1hPALQ-jnaBQ

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 3

Hello everyone! Would anybody have any of these Anubis recordings to share? Thank you so much in advance!

THE PALLADIUM                   1976-10-28    NEW YORK NY                 A FINE FINE GIRL
THE PALLADIUM                   1976-10-29    NEW YORK NY                 SOMETHING IN THE NIGHT
OLYMPIC STADIUM               2003-06-17    HELSINKI FINLAND        HELSINKI RISING 2003 SECOND NIGHT
GREENSBORO COLISEUM    2012-03-19    GREENSBORO NC          GREENSBORO NIGHT
STADIO SAN SIRO                 2012-06-07    MILAN ITALY                   WHO'S IS THE HOUSE TONIGHT?
STADIUM LETZIGRUND        2012-07-09    ZURICH SWITZERLAND  DON'T LOOK BACK
STADIO EUGENEO                2013-05-31    PADUA ITALY                   SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT

• Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, Brucefan4life86 said:

Does anyone have these couple from the lawsuit tour?

1977-03-24 “Running Into Darkness” E street records. I read that their is a e street records release with less static

1977-03-25 “From The Dark Heart of a dream” (Godfather)

Thanks all!!

1977-03-24 - Boston Music Hall, Boston, MA (Running Into The Darkness (E_Street_Records 19-20))

https://mega.nz/folder/Kw40TIwD#Z1bmik6N1tliMkfU6mPP_A

1977-03-25 Boston, MA - From The Dark Heart Of A Dream (Godfatherecords)

https://mega.nz/file/v84SVQ4Z#utfHIaHO_VNfBT4oW5uJ-8UA0U4o7Bho6YbzZ9uuZzs

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rivermeet076 said:

Hope everyone is doing well. May o request 2005-04-28 Nokia Live At Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, TX? Thank you as always. 

I meant to say may I request no mayo :huh:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, rivermeet076 said:

@rivermeet076... OK, no mayo... You didn't specify a version that I recognize so here's what we've got...

2005-04-28 Grand Prairie, Dallas, TX - Devils & Dallas (Devil Records - Silvers)

https://mega.nz/folder/e5ky0aDZ#gsPIYfktdc8TPO-3XjblUg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, simongar said:

Hello everyone! Would anybody have any of these Anubis recordings to share? Thank you so much in advance!

THE PALLADIUM                   1976-10-28    NEW YORK NY                 A FINE FINE GIRL
THE PALLADIUM                   1976-10-29    NEW YORK NY                 SOMETHING IN THE NIGHT
OLYMPIC STADIUM               2003-06-17    HELSINKI FINLAND        HELSINKI RISING 2003 SECOND NIGHT
GREENSBORO COLISEUM    2012-03-19    GREENSBORO NC          GREENSBORO NIGHT
STADIO SAN SIRO                 2012-06-07    MILAN ITALY                   WHO'S IS THE HOUSE TONIGHT?
STADIUM LETZIGRUND        2012-07-09    ZURICH SWITZERLAND  DON'T LOOK BACK
STADIO EUGENEO                2013-05-31    PADUA ITALY                   SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT

Bummer... another 'oh-fer' here... :(((

• Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, rivermeet076 said:

Hope everyone is doing well. May o request 2005-04-28 Nokia Live At Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie, TX? Thank you as always. 

...plain Wonder bread...

2005-04-28 Dallas, TX - Grand Prarie (Asbury Park Discs)

https://mega.nz/folder/Hl1AAawT#oWklKdELooT8JimhhsWfqA

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rivermeet076 said:

...soup for you? Or a double shot?

Bruce Springsteen_2005-04-28_Nokia Theater, Dallas, TX CD1

https://mega.nz/folder/W49AFAxC#6P6slTlTIfb6A869yzaorg

Bruce Springsteen_2005-04-28_Nokia Theater, Dallas, TX CD2

https://mega.nz/folder/7wkC1CIa#cLgQjQX0Me5E4oz9anMVqA

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, allsetcobrajet said:

Does anyone have a copy of 2005-04-28 Grand Prairie, TX (joeyjay) they can share? Much appreciated & TIA :)

2005-04-28 - Nokia Theatre, Grand Prairie, Dallas, TX  (joeyjay)
https://mega.nz/folder/FpplGYxB#wRAiGt9W5BV368RcK79UYA

Comes with a nice pairing of Chèvre and Sauvignon Blanc de Touraine

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, allsetcobrajet said:

@rivermeet076... OK, no mayo... You didn't specify a version that I recognize so here's what we've got...

2005-04-28 Grand Prairie, Dallas, TX - Devils & Dallas (Devil Records - Silvers)

https://mega.nz/folder/e5ky0aDZ#gsPIYfktdc8TPO-3XjblUg

I didn't realize there were so many versions. I really appreciate it. So which would be the best one to have. I'm also hungry now too:lol:

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2021 at 2:33 PM, NYC74 said:

Back to the Roots does exist in flac from a couple sources  - I'm sorry but I don't have any of the versions.  The record label name is rather umm creative -  "herpes genitalis records"   even with a wild imagination you just can't make this stuff up!

I'll check around. Hopefully someone checking in here has it and is kind enough to share

So there is a vinyl rip? I just want it for the novelty of have an album put out by  "herpes genitalis records" :D

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, rivermeet076 said:

So there is a vinyl rip? I just want it for the novelty of have an album put out by  "herpes genitalis records" :D

At least 3 ( Eddy version,  hrubesh , and cre001/hrubesh )  I'm coming up empty handed so far though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2021 at 6:45 PM, NYC74 said:

Since the request queue is slow right now here one bit of info on how to avoid getting burned as far as purchasing a CD as a true collectible. 

Check out the Great Dane photo. Notice that the GDR catalog # - 9005 ... is burned into the media on the back.

Now look at the AEP disc - that string of numbers on the center ring should not be there and has nothing to do with the catalog # or etc. That is a CDR that you'd pick up in the local retail store with a graphic burned on the front after the fact. The numbers are printed from the CD manufacturer...sort of like a UPC code if you will. So what that translates to is that they took an existing master....copied it on this media...and added their own graphics. Sometimes they put a made in Germany tag line on the label to make them look even more authentic.

Not to trash talk AEP as I'm not sure if this is common to that label. An old Italian trading friend clued me into this long ago. You listen to the AEP and it sounds pretty darn good....then you listen to the actual master...say for instance a Godfather CD...and discover it's a dead match but far greater in sound quality. Interesting stuff.

On 8/10/2021 at 8:28 AM, NYC74 said:

Very much an "it depends" sort of thing. So let's assume the GDR really is an original silver, and the AEP is a copy of the GDR. In that case the GDR is presssed (stamped) from a glass master but the AEP copy is burned to disc by laser. If you buy an official Bruce release you get a factory pressed CD...you can make any number of copies of that disc but quality of the reflective layer makes a difference, and if the disc wobbles due to weight varainces you don't get a good quality burn, and etc, so the final product may sound different even from one CD to another. 

On the 2007-11-28 hrubesh version it looks like he included all the artwork, expanded the notes, included the handwritten setlist, etc. I've not compared the files to be certain but nothing in the infofile to indicate he's done any remaster editing. I'm assuming he has done so where original tapes were available to work from but not really sure

The best possible scenario is to have the master source to work with, it's terribly tricky to remaster an end product CD for the better. I'm curiousL abut the notes from that Milan version that there are dropouts in 2 of the tracks inherent to the live recording....I might dive into a little late night project to see if it's even possible to fix those without making matters worse in other respects.

A couple of comments. First, I am reliably informed that hrubesh has zero affiliation with Godfather or any other bootleg label, and that he did no "remastering" of those files. The download is just a rip of the Silver CD. He's meticulous about the scans of the CD when he does so - the scan of the other is askew ;) Boot labels like Godfather use mirror CDs, while lesser labels use lesser materials.

By definition, "remastering" from a cd source starts off with a 16/44 source, whereas starting from the masters allows a 24/96 transfer to work with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1