Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

Ahhhh, there is life!!!

Would anybody possibly have the 2009-09-16  Greenville SC show edited by Fanatic Records? Thanks so much if you can share it!!!

Double Shot Of My Baby's Love Fanatic Records edit
Date: 16 Sep 2009
Format: –
Duration: –

image.png.f95fd0ffbf266463718879d158705cd3.png

28 minutes ago, rivermeet076 said:

Can this show be shared again?

1974-05-09_-_Harvard_Square_Theatre,_Cambridge,_MA_(Rock_And_Roll_Punk_(E_Street_Records_62)

For some reason my folder on has one track from it. Many thanks.

Here is the show. Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/folder/9TRlwYCR#briEQzgh6Dw7tYpWSbTkfQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This form has been very helpful to me for having so many cool shows that blow me away. Thank you all for keeping the form alive :)

I do not normal post, but I am lost my good recordings of my 6/13/73 show. I also was looking through and did not know if these three shows have good recordings, I don't think I saw previous post for these shows except for the 73 show

6/13/73 - lost my good one - Binghamton 

3/23/93 - Redbank

6/03/99 - Paris

6/13/99 - Leipzig

Thank you all for your passion 

47 minutes ago, Joshm21 said:

Does anyone have Madrid 06/17/2012? I know it's on Jungleland but it won't download for me for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Here is the Godfather version.  I'll get a couple others online shortly.

The Jungleland site is interesting to deal with...touchy as hell depending on the torrent client you use, and then all the drama around share ratio.  My share ratio is always zero...just ask and it's your if I have it. Enjoy

2012-06-17 Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, Madrid, ESP (Spanish Eyes - Godfatherecords)
https://we.tl/t-S6pMnmRH3r

2 hours ago, NYC74 said:

The Jungleland site is interesting to deal with...touchy as hell depending on the torrent client you use, and then all the drama around share ratio.  My share ratio is always zero...just ask and it's your if I have it. Enjoy

2012-06-17 Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, Madrid, ESP (Spanish Eyes - Godfatherecords)

Yeah, with Seedbox users and enough people with high speed upload capability now, it is probably time for Jungleland to do away with the ratio enforcement.   They would still have problems with certain torrent software not always working, but at least people would not have to worry about downloading something and then not having time to upload a similar amount.

3 hours ago, roomforonemore said:

If they did away with the share ratio you would just get people downloading like crazy (mentioning no names but one on this page would be thrilled at this potential development) and a very small minority doing any uploading at all. 

And that isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as the uploading still takes place.   There is a torrent site called Lossless Legs (built mostly for Grateful Dead shows, but allowing Bruce and any other artist) that has no ratio requirements and it functions just fine.   By having the share ratio enforcement cycle, and having users who employ seedboxes, many users can't even come close to uploading as much as they download -- in a single torrent.   They are lucky to get 50% as much uploaded before no new leechers are present, while the seedbox users have uploaded 40-50Gb.    Some people (including at least one person who I have seen here) create new user IDs every few months, download 5-6 Gb with virtually no upload at all, and then let the account die at a share ratio below 0.1, only to create a new account a few weeks after that one is "used up".   Jungleland is already run quite loosely, with reported errors being unaddressed and issues like that likely not even noticed, so is the ratio enforcement even doing anything?

1 hour ago, brews said:

And that isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as the uploading still takes place.   There is a torrent site called Lossless Legs (built mostly for Grateful Dead shows, but allowing Bruce and any other artist) that has no ratio requirements and it functions just fine.   By having the share ratio enforcement cycle, and having users who employ seedboxes, many users can't even come close to uploading as much as they download -- in a single torrent.   They are lucky to get 50% as much uploaded before no new leechers are present, while the seedbox users have uploaded 40-50Gb.    Some people (including at least one person who I have seen here) create new user IDs every few months, download 5-6 Gb with virtually no upload at all, and then let the account die at a share ratio below 0.1, only to create a new account a few weeks after that one is "used up".   Jungleland is already run quite loosely, with reported errors being unaddressed and issues like that likely not even noticed, so is the ratio enforcement even doing anything?

Since it's slow on the request side I'll add another angle to this. I primarily seek out vinly collectibles as investments but got into this whole Bruce thing ages ago before the internet existed...sort of a way to gain a little something and a few memories from the hundreds of concert tickets and albums purchased not to mention the added cost of travel to and from concerts and on and on. And with that came a rather skewed tendancy to purchase Bruce material which turned into trading via postal mail all over the world in order to build up that side of the collection. 

Then came the internet and magically you could reach out to those same folks but without a massive amount of physical overhead. Not to mention the weeks and months involved in sending out letters, trading lists, etc. 

Which brings me to this - why on earth do folks hoard this stuff and worry about share ratios and carefully guarding hard to find recordings, unless of course they are trying to make a buck off them somewhere. This has got to be the easiest place to share material I've ever seen. What possible adavantage do you get uploading to a torrent site, you don't exactly gain world fame and prestige off whatever a high number share ratio is consdered to be.  

I'd gladly go out to the JL or Dime or wherever as long as I'm able to, and grab anything asked for if I don't already have it. You get old, then you die, all those files aren't much good at that point if they don't bring a bit of enjoyment to someone else.

Off my soapbox. I think I'll start a date by date upload of what I have starting with my first live show from 1974 next Monday...maybe others will join in

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NYC74 said:

Thanks a mil! Been looking for this one for a while. Yeah the Jungleland site is weird. I use Qbtorrent.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYC74 said:

Since it's slow on the request side I'll add another angle to this. I primarily seek out vinly collectibles as investments but got into this whole Bruce thing ages ago before the internet existed...sort of a way to gain a little something and a few memories from the hundreds of concert tickets and albums purchased not to mention the added cost of travel to and from concerts and on and on. And with that came a rather skewed tendancy to purchase Bruce material which turned into trading via postal mail all over the world in order to build up that side of the collection. 

Then came the internet and magically you could reach out to those same folks but without a massive amount of physical overhead. Not to mention the weeks and months involved in sending out letters, trading lists, etc. 

Which brings me to this - why on earth do folks hoard this stuff and worry about share ratios and carefully guarding hard to find recordings, unless of course they are trying to make a buck off them somewhere. This has got to be the easiest place to share material I've ever seen. What possible adavantage do you get uploading to a torrent site, you don't exactly gain world fame and prestige off whatever a high number share ratio is consdered to be.  

I'd gladly go out to the JL or Dime or wherever as long as I'm able to, and grab anything asked for if I don't already have it. You get old, then you die, all those files aren't much good at that point if they don't bring a bit of enjoyment to someone else.

Off my soapbox. I think I'll start a date by date upload of what I have starting with my first live show from 1974 next Monday...maybe others will join in

I

I have no definitive answers to any of your very good questions.   I am sure there is a certain amount of material that is horded  due to a request from the source (i.e. Woodword and Bernstein's promise not to out Deepthroat, even though it has gone past his death), but I am also sure that is a microfraction of the horded stuff.   While there are still quite a few bootleg companies out there who make a buck off of the artist, I think the days of those companies paying for a recording are long gone.   They just download it like we do, tweak it somewhat, give it a new title and sell it.   So, short of some rare studio recordings that were obtained in a dark alley somewhere, there isn't likely a big monetary factor for the hording either.   I think there are mainly still people who believe that having rare item A will get them access to rare item B at some point down the road, even when they don't know if anyone they will ever encounter actually owns rare item B.   Just my speculation in all of this.   I know there are a lot of IEM recordings that are still kept among a small group of uber collectors.   They seem to think that if they get out there, Bruce will know he was recorded -- which he no doubt already knows since some have gotten out there and clearly can be traced back to whose monitor was captured.   Over the past 10-15 years, some of the uber recordings have made it out into the open, but not most of them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NYC74 said:

I can't speak for the torrent folk as that is not my area.

I can speak for myself as what you would call "a hoarder" or someone who "carefully guards hard to find recordings".

1. Assume I put everything out. When I meet someone with something which I don't have (and want) who is not willing to be equally generous what tactic do I have. Currently I would be able to say "ah but I've got..... which I know you don't have let's swap and neither pass them on". 

2. Sort of follows on, collecting, transferring cassettes and so on takes time and effort which most people wouldn't consider especially those in this thread who have spent years requesting and downloading but seldom uploading wouldn't understand. 

3. let's say I spend today transferring an uncirculated recording, splitting, tidying up, labelling and so on. It takes me five or six hours. Very generously I decide to put it on dime or even on here. Tomorrow the same recording will likely appear on guitars101 with a filefactory, rapidgator, turbobit link from one of guitars101 merry band of cashback affiliate link posters who are suddenly benefiting financially from my hard work and abusing the generosity of tapers and original uploaders. Personally I've more patience with actual commercial bootleggers. 

4. Not everyone is out to make money. I got offered 3000 dollars for a recording the other day. I've not a clue whether they were really serious, I suspect sadly they were. Yes I could do with 3000 dollars. Am I accepting their offer? No. Am I waiting for a better offer? No. It's not going out. The wailing because I wouldn't put it out was frankly embarrassing from adults. 

Be glad for what you have, be happy for others who have different things, share or don't share what you have, don't abuse the generosity of others.

• Like 1

Some random uploads from my external drive

2007-12-10 Stockholm, Sweden (Crystal Cat) https://we.tl/t-OLaDz3TcWB

2008-06-27 Parc des Princes, Paris (Crystal Cat) https://we.tl/t-VaA5w3S6Tj 

2005-04-21 Paramount theatre Ashbury Park https://we.tl/t-haitMR8V1Q 

2005-10-12 Minneapolis  https://we.tl/t-nF8uviCJxm 

All links working untill october 6

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Some random uploads from my external drive

2007-12-10 Stockholm, Sweden (Crystal Cat) https://we.tl/t-OLaDz3TcWB

2008-06-27 Parc des Princes, Paris (Crystal Cat) https://we.tl/t-VaA5w3S6Tj 

2005-04-21 Paramount theatre Ashbury Park https://we.tl/t-haitMR8V1Q 

2005-10-12 Minneapolis  https://we.tl/t-nF8uviCJxm 

All links working untill october 6

Thanks for this - 2005-04-21 appears to be Bakerstuff version which is ever so slightly different from what I have. Another one that I never knew I was missing

• Like 1

16 hours ago, roomforonemore said:

I can't speak for the torrent folk as that is not my area.

I can speak for myself as what you would call "a hoarder" or someone who "carefully guards hard to find recordings".

1. Assume I put everything out. When I meet someone with something which I don't have (and want) who is not willing to be equally generous what tactic do I have. Currently I would be able to say "ah but I've got..... which I know you don't have let's swap and neither pass them on". 

2. Sort of follows on, collecting, transferring cassettes and so on takes time and effort which most people wouldn't consider especially those in this thread who have spent years requesting and downloading but seldom uploading wouldn't understand. 

3. let's say I spend today transferring an uncirculated recording, splitting, tidying up, labelling and so on. It takes me five or six hours. Very generously I decide to put it on dime or even on here. Tomorrow the same recording will likely appear on guitars101 with a filefactory, rapidgator, turbobit link from one of guitars101 merry band of cashback affiliate link posters who are suddenly benefiting financially from my hard work and abusing the generosity of tapers and original uploaders. Personally I've more patience with actual commercial bootleggers. 

4. Not everyone is out to make money. I got offered 3000 dollars for a recording the other day. I've not a clue whether they were really serious, I suspect sadly they were. Yes I could do with 3000 dollars. Am I accepting their offer? No. Am I waiting for a better offer? No. It's not going out. The wailing because I wouldn't put it out was frankly embarrassing from adults. 

Be glad for what you have, be happy for others who have different things, share or don't share what you have, don't abuse the generosity of others.

Probably a poor choice of wording on my part - I'm commenting more in general than in terms of a specific collector and their particular circumstances. And I do get the issues with hard to find material. In a different way I'd have a major issue unsealing my copy of Sony Japan  Hungry Heart disc in order to rip to digital and share. On the other hand I have a few boxes of tapes with a handful of Springsteen shows in the mix. Some are easily available out there but I know for a fact I've got shows from what we used to call Riverfont Coliseum and Miami University that don't seem to exist at all that I can tell. But I also get the work that goes into it, I tried once ages ago to put out a digital version from tape, I think it was a Who show, and got pummeled by negative comments. Taped by a bunch of young guys with no professional gear so sure the quality was mediocre but it was unique. I'd have to admit it did not seem worth the effort to do that again.

Thanks for the viewpoint, well received. I still think that the torrent ratio concept is just plain silly when you see a ton of material that is not all that hard to find on these sites and folks desparately trying to keep on top of it ... if you find something you'd really like to have 2 days after it was posted you have no possible chance to grab it without driving your own stats down to zero. So then you upload, and yes I've tried it in the past, and you as the uploader are simply working very hard within a very random environment driven by bandwidth, ratio of attached peers. protocols that are enabled or not enabled, on and on....and I just looked up what a seedbox is...so if I'm a college kid sitting in my dorm room riding the college fibre network then I own everything. Worse than a Wall Street trading floor. 

Ok I'll be quiet now - makes the old fashioned postal mail method quite appealing. Seems better to randomly donate to sites like this to keep things running and maybe encourage more folks to be generous

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm a week off the concert date but here's one from 47 years ago.  This show created a lot of on the street buzz around the "new" band which was set to play at Lincoln Center. There were of course early fans and 2 albums in play, but for a lot of folks Springsteen was a bit of an oddity, somewhere in the jazz, village sound, hint of rock band out there. With all due respect no one knew much about Max, but Roy was known among the pit folks playing Broadway.  There were a lot of rumors that Bruce was planning to use strings to shape out the romantic tunes so we had a long list, given the Lincoln Center venue (Philharmonic Hall had recently been renamed to Avery Fisher) , as to who the mystery guest would be. We had a rather large group going and it's rather hilarious now to recall that all bets were on virtuoso vioinist Jaime Laredo who was already in town roaming the halls of Julliard and signing autographs on the plaza for a concert appearance that week with the NY Phil. 

1974-09-22 Union, NJ (Master Tape Transfer from The Big A) (JEMS Archive)

https://mega.nz/folder/QwBQwJ6Z#QM2EorHoWUP1bC9mGMfH-g

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

@NYC74 what a pleasant change. A thoughtful, reasoned reply - usually when I make those sorts of posts anywhere I'm targeted by relentless abuse. Often emanating from a member here funnily enough. You have my sympathy for the reaction your sharing of a Who gig got and those who did should be ashamed. Taping and transferring is a long learning curve. I've been back to tapes I did years and transferred them again and the difference is huge. No one should be criticised for trying to do either.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, NYC74 said:

Probably a poor choice of wording on my part - I'm commenting more in general than in terms of a specific collector and their particular circumstances. And I do get the issues with hard to find material. In a different way I'd have a major issue unsealing my copy of Sony Japan  Hungry Heart disc in order to rip to digital and share. On the other hand I have a few boxes of tapes with a handful of Springsteen shows in the mix. Some are easily available out there but I know for a fact I've got shows from what we used to call Riverfont Coliseum and Miami University that don't seem to exist at all that I can tell. But I also get the work that goes into it, I tried once ages ago to put out a digital version from tape, I think it was a Who show, and got pummeled by negative comments. Taped by a bunch of young guys with no professional gear so sure the quality was mediocre but it was unique. I'd have to admit it did not seem worth the effort to do that again.

Thanks for the viewpoint, well received. I still think that the torrent ratio concept is just plain silly when you see a ton of material that is not all that hard to find on these sites and folks desparately trying to keep on top of it ... if you find something you'd really like to have 2 days after it was posted you have no possible chance to grab it without driving your own stats down to zero. So then you upload, and yes I've tried it in the past, and you as the uploader are simply working very hard within a very random environment driven by bandwidth, ratio of attached peers. protocols that are enabled or not enabled, on and on....and I just looked up what a seedbox is...so if I'm a college kid sitting in my dorm room riding the college fibre network then I own everything. Worse than a Wall Street trading floor. 

Ok I'll be quiet now - makes the old fashioned postal mail method quite appealing. Seems better to randomly donate to sites like this to keep things running and maybe encourage more folks to be generous

I think that the Miami University show may be the often mislabeled 10/10/76, which is a source of mystery.   If you taped Miami University, that would be the only confirmed source.   If you have the 1978 Riverfront Coliseum show, you indeed have an uncirculating tape.

As to those people who can't help but criticize a released recording than be thankful for it, in my experience that is always from someone who has never taped a show in their life.   They ruin it for all of the grateful people (who also likely never tape shows).   Only a taper knows the true difficulty in making a recording -- risking security, having to be silent and silence those around you as best you can -- only to have those efforts get criticized.  That is certainly one reason that some recordings don't circulate.   I actually had one guy criticize soundboard recordings that I made and posted to Archive.org.   After it happened several times, I removed all of my recordings from that site.   

• Like 1

Nice to read here some sane commentary from those who understand well the taping and remastering process. It ain't easy. And those who only hear the end product need to hear the truth and reality more often.

As a taper, I'm eternally in awe of those who spent so much time under headphones making my raw captures sound so much better. When I started, everything was analog, so editing/remastering by amateurs was nearly impossible. Now, there is software, but it takes skill to use it to best advantage. Sure, converting everything to digital makes the process much easier - but NOT EASY! Those folks deserve much more acknowledgement and respect that they usually get.

• Like 5
  • Hug 1

Would anyone be able to help me by posting the show from Florence Italy 2012-06-10 with any of the versions listed below? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

1) ARE YOU READY FOR THE FRENZY IN FIRENZE?

image.png.85487bf90e4c6fd1176ad5027a854958.png

EARLMV EDIT Date: 10 Jun 2012
Format: FLAC
Duration: 202:29.51

2) BICKLE Recording

image.png.576a86a3e8ad1026181f4dc69cecd693.png       

3) TELECASTER Recording  

image.png.4a27daa9cc2b4ec3188826fc69090a2b.png
Date: 10 Jun 2012
Format: FLAC
Duration: 196:55.45
Lossy