Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner


Guest

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, simongar said:

Would anyone be able to help me by posting the show from Florence Italy 2012-06-10 with any of the versions listed below? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

1) ARE YOU READY FOR THE FRENZY IN FIRENZE?

image.png.85487bf90e4c6fd1176ad5027a854958.png

EARLMV EDIT Date: 10 Jun 2012
Location: Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence, Italy
Format: FLAC
Duration: 202:29.51

 

2) BICKLE Recording

 image.png.576a86a3e8ad1026181f4dc69cecd693.png       

 

3) TELECASTER Recording  

  image.png.4a27daa9cc2b4ec3188826fc69090a2b.png
Date: 10 Jun 2012
Location: Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence, Italy
Format: FLAC
Duration: 196:55.45
Lossy

 

4) DUKE REMASTER - RECORDED AT THE CENTER AT THE END OF THE PIT

image.png.50b6fee16e7ecfb7bfaffcb106970c03.png

I have the master recorded from the center at the end of the pit, but it was not yet remastered by Duke.   Any idea if that is the Bickle or Telecaster version?   The taper didn't provide any name, but used OKM mics and an Edirol RH09.

The only other version I have is the Godfather release (which I am sure used one of the above recordings as the source).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, brews said:

I have the master recorded from the center at the end of the pit, but it was not yet remastered by Duke.   Any idea if that is the Bickle or Telecaster version?   The taper didn't provide any name, but used OKM mics and an Edirol RH09.

The only other version I have is the Godfather release (which I am sure used one of the above recordings as the source).

I'm striking out on these also.  Aside from godfather I've got one listed as "A Firenze" (Virgin Vinyl Records - biccio59) and the other notes the OKM and Edirol RH09  in the info file..it's an exact copy of the Virgin Vinyl  source

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, brews said:

I have the master recorded from the center at the end of the pit, but it was not yet remastered by Duke.   Any idea if that is the Bickle or Telecaster version?   The taper didn't provide any name, but used OKM mics and an Edirol RH09.

The only other version I have is the Godfather release (which I am sure used one of the above recordings as the source).

I have no idea who did the taping, sorry. I wish that I did. From what I have heard now Telecaster is only mp3 and never circulated, and Bickle does not exist.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad to see some discussion, along with a healthy bit of sharing.

One quick note, no wrist slapping just a reminder.  We don't like the idea that people don't like something about us, but then go to other sites to complain about a decision or two - so we don't usually allow comments about "THIS OTHER site sucks because...." simply because there is no benefit to either party. 

I am sure the folks at Jungleland have some policies some members would like adjusted, just like some of our decisions are questioned here.  We would just prefer not to use our space to complain about theirs or anyone else's space.   I think this discussion has been fair and without name calling, just a reminder to continue with that pattern and not let it degrade. 

As for "Ubers"  yup there are still some out there, and yes there are recordings of shows you might wish to have for your collection that will likely never see the light of day.  It's sad, because one day we all die and I know my wife has a list of what to do with my "more valuable"  Bruce items.  However, I don't know that others have labelled their "uber" recordings so that others may benefit someday, and those will likely be tossed along with the Nebraska and Darkness cassettes on the same shelf. Once tossed, they may not be replicated elsewhere, and as a community we all miss out.

My @JimCT story about asking him about a show we saw in common prompted him to find tapes we are all grateful to have in our collections.  Without that conversation, who can say if/when those would have seen the light of day and if Jim had passed away (he didn't thank God) in the early 2000's who knows what would have happened to the tapes.

That's primarily why we focus so much on FREELY sharing here - trying to keep score or exclude others lessens the hobby and takes enjoyment away from others, that's not the spirit we want to cultivate.

Thanks for listening and keep trading!  

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, simongar said:

Would anyone be able to help me by posting the show from Florence Italy 2012-06-10 with any of the versions listed below? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

1) ARE YOU READY FOR THE FRENZY IN FIRENZE?

image.png.85487bf90e4c6fd1176ad5027a854958.png

EARLMV EDIT Date: 10 Jun 2012
Location: Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence, Italy
Format: FLAC
Duration: 202:29.51

 

2) BICKLE Recording

 image.png.576a86a3e8ad1026181f4dc69cecd693.png       

 

3) TELECASTER Recording  

  image.png.4a27daa9cc2b4ec3188826fc69090a2b.png
Date: 10 Jun 2012
Location: Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence, Italy
Format: FLAC
Duration: 196:55.45
Lossy

 

4) DUKE REMASTER - RECORDED AT THE CENTER AT THE END OF THE PIT

image.png.50b6fee16e7ecfb7bfaffcb106970c03.png

I have this version:

 

Bruce Springsteen - 2012-06-10 - Firenze, IT
(Audience FLAC)

Stadio Franchi

Lineage
okm mic>battery box 96 hz roll off>edirol rh09>wave>(44.1 kHz/16 bit)cool edit pro>t racks>flac8

recorded in the center at the end of pit
(twist & shout cut and Who'll stop the rain missing)

01 Badlands
02 No Surrender
03 We Take Care of Our Own
04 Wrecking Ball
05 Death to My Hometown
06 My City of Ruins
07 Spirit in the Night
08 Be True
09 Jack of All Trades
10 Trapped
11 Prove It All Night
12 Honky Tonk Women/Darlington County
13 Burning Love
14 Working on the Highway
15 Shackled & Drawn
16 Waitin' on a Sunny Day
17 Apollo Medley
18 The River
19 The Rising
20 Backstreets
21 Land of Hope and Dreams
* * *
22 Rocky Ground
23 Born in the U.S.A.
24 Born to Run
25 Hungry Heart
26 Seven Nights to Rock
27 Dancing in the Dark
28 Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
29 Twist and Shout(cut)

192 mins

It appears to be from the same source as the Duke version, all thoug his version is in Lossy (MP3), which they generally were. I've found this old info regarding the Duke version, and it says MASTER!!!,

Bruce Springsteen-
Firenze
Stadio Franchi
2012-06-10


MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

recorded in the center at the end of pit


(twist & shout cut and Who'll stop the rain missing)

192 mins


Setlist:

01 Badlands
02 No Surrender
03 We Take Care of Our Own
04 Wrecking Ball
05 Death to My Hometown
06 My City of Ruins
07 Spirit in the Night
08 Be True
09 Jack of All Trades
10 Trapped
11 Prove It All Night
12 Honky Tonk Women/Darlington County
13 Burning Love
14 Working on the Highway
15 Shackled & Drawn
16 Waitin' on a Sunny Day
17 Apollo Medley
18 The River
19 The Rising
20 Backstreets
21 Land of Hope and Dreams
* * *
22 Rocky Ground
23 Born in the U.S.A.
24 Born to Run
25 Hungry Heart
26 Seven Nights to Rock
27 Dancing in the Dark
28 Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
29 Twist and Shout(cut)
30 Who'll stop the Rain (missing)
 

Unfortunately, the other version doesn't state which recording this is, and the links in the Duke version are long gone, but if the duke version is indeed the master version then this could be a conversion to Lossless from that version??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MichaelU1230 said:

I have this version:

 

Bruce Springsteen - 2012-06-10 - Firenze, IT
(Audience FLAC)

Stadio Franchi

Lineage
okm mic>battery box 96 hz roll off>edirol rh09>wave>(44.1 kHz/16 bit)cool edit pro>t racks>flac8

recorded in the center at the end of pit
(twist & shout cut and Who'll stop the rain missing)

01 Badlands
02 No Surrender
03 We Take Care of Our Own
04 Wrecking Ball
05 Death to My Hometown
06 My City of Ruins
07 Spirit in the Night
08 Be True
09 Jack of All Trades
10 Trapped
11 Prove It All Night
12 Honky Tonk Women/Darlington County
13 Burning Love
14 Working on the Highway
15 Shackled & Drawn
16 Waitin' on a Sunny Day
17 Apollo Medley
18 The River
19 The Rising
20 Backstreets
21 Land of Hope and Dreams
* * *
22 Rocky Ground
23 Born in the U.S.A.
24 Born to Run
25 Hungry Heart
26 Seven Nights to Rock
27 Dancing in the Dark
28 Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
29 Twist and Shout(cut)

192 mins

It appears to be from the same source as the Duke version, all thoug his version is in Lossy (MP3), which they generally were. I've found this old info regarding the Duke version, and it says MASTER!!!,

Bruce Springsteen-
Firenze
Stadio Franchi
2012-06-10


MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

recorded in the center at the end of pit


(twist & shout cut and Who'll stop the rain missing)

192 mins


Setlist:

01 Badlands
02 No Surrender
03 We Take Care of Our Own
04 Wrecking Ball
05 Death to My Hometown
06 My City of Ruins
07 Spirit in the Night
08 Be True
09 Jack of All Trades
10 Trapped
11 Prove It All Night
12 Honky Tonk Women/Darlington County
13 Burning Love
14 Working on the Highway
15 Shackled & Drawn
16 Waitin' on a Sunny Day
17 Apollo Medley
18 The River
19 The Rising
20 Backstreets
21 Land of Hope and Dreams
* * *
22 Rocky Ground
23 Born in the U.S.A.
24 Born to Run
25 Hungry Heart
26 Seven Nights to Rock
27 Dancing in the Dark
28 Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
29 Twist and Shout(cut)
30 Who'll stop the Rain (missing)
 

Unfortunately, the other version doesn't state which recording this is, and the links in the Duke version are long gone, but if the duke version is indeed the master version then this could be a conversion to Lossless from that version??

So where that lands so far is  --- 

Bruce Springsteen - 2012-06-10 - Firenze, IT (Audience FLAC)   = biccio59

Duke version = biccio59 as both of these seem to have come from an Edirol RH09

Virgin vinyl is the same biccio59 from the Edirol RH09

Telecaster came from an M Audio microtrack

Earlmv is a DVD rip ...I'm assuming  FedeUd  but no idea what other video is out there or the audio source

Godfather seems to be a different source but hard to tell offhand

Bickle - can't find that anywhere to compare

and then the sprinkling of patched in tracks here and there to round out whatever wherever

it's interesting but good grief it's a lot of work sorting it all out - I've been cleaning up my own files only to discover I have xxxx copies ot the exact same thing with mixed up info files or nuanced naming conventions. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, NYC74 said:

So where that lands so far is  --- 

Bruce Springsteen - 2012-06-10 - Firenze, IT (Audience FLAC)   = biccio59

Duke version = biccio59 as both of these seem to have come from an Edirol RH09

Virgin vinyl is the same biccio59 from the Edirol RH09

Telecaster came from an M Audio microtrack

Earlmv is a DVD rip ...I'm assuming  FedeUd  but no idea what other video is out there or the audio source

Godfather seems to be a different source but hard to tell offhand

Bickle - can't find that anywhere to compare

and then the sprinkling of patched in tracks here and there to round out whatever wherever

it's interesting but good grief it's a lot of work sorting it all out - I've been cleaning up my own files only to discover I have xxxx copies ot the exact same thing with mixed up info files or nuanced naming conventions. 

 

 

 

Well, seems like the ongoing mystery is fully covered.............. as for the rest...............

image.png.f5a9e331adf5f586d648c31cc17a27e6.png

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NYC74 said:

So where that lands so far is  --- 

Bruce Springsteen - 2012-06-10 - Firenze, IT (Audience FLAC)   = biccio59

Duke version = biccio59 as both of these seem to have come from an Edirol RH09

Virgin vinyl is the same biccio59 from the Edirol RH09

Telecaster came from an M Audio microtrack

Earlmv is a DVD rip ...I'm assuming  FedeUd  but no idea what other video is out there or the audio source

Godfather seems to be a different source but hard to tell offhand

Bickle - can't find that anywhere to compare

and then the sprinkling of patched in tracks here and there to round out whatever wherever

it's interesting but good grief it's a lot of work sorting it all out - I've been cleaning up my own files only to discover I have xxxx copies ot the exact same thing with mixed up info files or nuanced naming conventions. 

 

 

 

WoW! Impressive research!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, simongar said:

WoW! Impressive research!!!

I read Sherlock Holmes books and watched Secret Squirrel episodes in my youth .... all I need now is a secret decoder ring to figure all these versions out!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2021 at 6:00 AM, NYC74 said:

So where that lands so far is  --- 

Bruce Springsteen - 2012-06-10 - Firenze, IT (Audience FLAC)   = biccio59

Duke version = biccio59 as both of these seem to have come from an Edirol RH09

Virgin vinyl is the same biccio59 from the Edirol RH09

Telecaster came from an M Audio microtrack

Earlmv is a DVD rip ...I'm assuming  FedeUd  but no idea what other video is out there or the audio source

Godfather seems to be a different source but hard to tell offhand

Bickle - can't find that anywhere to compare

and then the sprinkling of patched in tracks here and there to round out whatever wherever

it's interesting but good grief it's a lot of work sorting it all out - I've been cleaning up my own files only to discover I have xxxx copies ot the exact same thing with mixed up info files or nuanced naming conventions. 

 

 

 

Would anybody have the Duke remaster or Telecaster version to share? Thanks!!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today in history was my first live show - 1974. I had mentioned in an earlier post that buzz around the "new" band amongst the Julliard and local crowd was Roy Bittan who was known for session work and a quirky stint as music director of the 1972 musical "Hard Job Being God" which had a whopping 6 night run but somehow managed to turn out a studio cast album. It's a curious coincidence that Max was also fresh from the off- Broadway scene in the musical "Godspell"  which was ultimately a wee bit more successful. The other turn of events was Suki Lahev...virtuoso violinist -no way...muse and inspiration to Springsteen's creative writing of the times - judging by the on stage attraction absolutely. Whether true or not, and looking back I tend to think it was true, the first hand story passed along was that he planned to arrange and incorporate strings heavily into writing on his ballads and love themed portfolio. Personally I think it would have been a major element balanced against the hard riving rock sound that was getting underway if things had worked out. Unfortunately the recordings don't capture the moment all that well...times were different, no political statements from the stage or the floor, some really cutting edge moments of a band just starting to figure out who they were, and a lot of simply good folks from all walks of life in that audience that walked away with something to reflect on 47 years later.  At any rate maybe a bit of info you never knew you might want to hear about that show.

Here's all the versions I have if you need anything from the list.  I plead forgiveness for the Princeton Flood Mp3...maybe someone has flac...but I just discovered it ain't me. 

1974-10-04 I Saw Rock and Roll Future (Midnight Dreamer-Silvers)
https://mega.nz/folder/N5QETBSY#GxJp01Ih_DtO0nFOgJvbug

1974-10-04 LDB Special Series #461 (RLR Collection)
https://mega.nz/folder/ohZGQJgb#yAq1i-1R2Lisq5Tn7y39Yw

1974-10-04 New York City, NY - Cupid in the City
https://mega.nz/folder/wsYADL7T#MK_N3ILcrsrW5iCSs5UBLQ

1974-10-04 New York City, NY - Incident at Avery Fisher Hall (Kivak-Fanatic Records Edit)
https://mega.nz/folder/0pZwDbDb#fY1QFsfCNfkrzafnRvIRyg

1974-10-12 Princeton, NJ - The Princeton Flood - MP3
https://mega.nz/folder/5tYC2DTD#Zc8V2FyU3xQ00BAC4DzLjA

  • Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

Looking for these versions

1988-07-09 Bramall Lane Stadium (New Source)

1988-07-10 Bramall Lane Stadium (New Source)

1999-04-26 Hallenstadion Zürich (Statio's Master)

2005-06-04 Bologna (Statio's Master)

2013-05-28 Hannover (DVD - IEM rip)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, audelish70 said:

Which new sources are your referring to?

Just read about these:

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
Bramall Lane Stadium
Sheffield, England
July 9, 1988

Source : Sony PC-62 stereo mic > Sony WM-D3 Cassette Master (TDK-SA) (recorded by Ken G.)

Transfer : Sony TC-WE 475 > Tascam SD-20M (rack mount) wave recorder (16/44)

Editing : Sound Forge (tracking, volume) > Wave > TLH (sbe aligned) Flac 8

Traders Den - August 11, 2021

Transferred & Tracked by kingrue upload #3239
===================================

Here we have a new source recording for this performance date.

I've added a scan of the cassette masters in the torrent folder.

I will post this on Jungleland in the very near future.

I received another case of master tapes from my long time buddy Ken G.

There are a couple Boss masters and the rest are FM masters. so watch this space for more cool gems.

Band line-up
Bruce Springsteen: guitar, vocals
Roy Bittan: keyboards
Clarence Clemons: saxophone, percussion (died June 18, 2011) (aged 69)
Danny Federici: organ
Garry Tallent: bass
Max Weinberg: drums
Nils Lofgren: guitar
Patti Scialfa: vocals

The Horns of Love
Ritchie Rosenberg: trombone
Mike Spengler: trumpet
Mark Pender: trumpet
Ed Manion: saxophone
Mario Cruz: saxophone

Total Time = 03:21:18

Set list
01 Intro Music
02 Tunnel Of Love
03 Boom Boom
04 Adam Raised A Cain
05 The River
06 All That Heaven Will Allow
07 Seeds
08 Cover Me
-- tape flip --
09 Brilliant Disguise
10 Downbound Train
11 War
12 Born In The USA
13 Chimes Of Freedom
-- tape change --
14 Paradise By The C
15 She's The One
16 You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
17 I'm A Coward (When It Comes To Love)
18 I´m On Fire
-- tape flip --
19 Tougher Than The Rest
20 Spare Parts
21 Because The Night
22 Dancing In The Dark
23 Light Of Day
-- tape change --
24 Born To Run (acoustic)
25 Hungry Heart
26 Glory Days
27 Bobby Jean
28 Cadillac Ranch
29 Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
30 Sweet Soul Music
31 Raise Your Hand (end cuts)
-- tape flip --
32 Twist And Shout
 

  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

so why not Michael?

If the boot circulates, there's a 99% chance of it being listed there. I'm not aware of any other site on the web which has a more complete listing of circulating Bruce boots.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mickb said:

so why not Michael?

If the boot circulates, there's a 99% chance of it being listed there. I'm not aware of any other site on the web which has a more complete listing of circulating Bruce boots.

 

Oh....ment it as a joke. My bad :mellow: I love the site and have found a ton of versions that I didn't know existet 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MichaelU1230 said:

Oh....ment it as a joke. My bad :mellow: I love the site and have found a ton of versions that I didn't know existet 

ah, ok, that's good to hear :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...