Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

49 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

and one other euro 99 request:

1999-05-30 Born to Serve (Berlin)

TIA

Loading now (as well as 1999-05-02).....

sorry @JaHoe my uploads are running really slowly, so I'll leave them running, will put the links up in the morning, hope that's ok?

Manchester done, Berlin still loading.

1999-05-02 Manchester (Doberman)

https://mega.nz/#F!aFB2QaQL!16-58rwMU6O5mAOPGmC--g

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mickb

• Twink

• sunshine2020

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a new box set for your enjoyment the first two shows I ever recorded - LA 1984-11-02 and 1984-11-04 Each remastered with great skill and tender love by hrubesh, working from transfers of th

Good morning! Here's a "Sunday surprise" for your enjoyment. Hrubesh used the wav files from my 1985-09-01 release and applied his skills to improve the sound. When I listened to his finished pro

Okay time to finish off 1978! Then we'll move on to The River... 1978-11-27 Milwaukee WI  1978-11-27 Milwaukee WI (Buckshot) (Incomplete Tape) https://mega.nz/folder/NrwTUQiD#V6oa33ipkY

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Borntorun1999 said:

@Born To Rock @Twink

Thanks a lot to both of you for all the help!

I heard some of the club shows Bruce used to do back in the 80's were awesome!

Do you maybe have any of these/recommend any?

July 11, 1981-Red Bank (Upgraded version)

May 29, 1982-Red Bank (audio2575 transfer/MAC label)

August 6 & 7, 1982-Red Bank (Fanatic records Edit) "On The Prowl"

August 15, 1982-Asbury Park (MAC Label)

September 18, 1982-Red Bank

October 3, 1982-Asbury Park (audio2575 transfer..complete..version 2)

Please and truly many thanks!

I have a couple of them I'm uploading. 1981-07-11 (bosstrade upgrade) and 08-6&7-1982 (Fanatic Records). The others I have are different versions than requested or mp3s. They're not huge, so I will upload them later tonight.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Twink said:

2016-01-31 Newark NJ 'Meet Me in New Jersey Tonight' (Earlmv)

https://mega.nz/#F!knJHEYLK!bpVgBzJgAxN39jjtKJ9lBQ

Bruce Springsteen Pittsburgh 2016-01-16 (audience)

https://mega.nz/#F!xuBnRQbD!F3MsNTQobG3r7XWeFJaaKg

Thanks for Newark. (It looks like "BF4L" lives again!) :)

• Like 1

@Twink @Born To Rock

Thank you both again very much!!

I have been also trying to get the best copy of this show that I misplaced

April 28, 2009-Philadelphia "Philly Fever" Fanatic Records Edit

Please and thank you

On a side note, I downloaded Mega and I am downloading some shows from Jungleland to finally share here with you great people (though maybe most already have them)

Please wish me luck because I still feel like it's not going to work for me..or that's just me being negative haha

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mickb said:

Loading now (as well as 1999-05-02).....

sorry @JaHoe my uploads are running really slowly, so I'll leave them running, will put the links up in the morning, hope that's ok?

Manchester done, Berlin still loading.

1999-05-02 Manchester (Doberman)

https://mega.nz/#F!aFB2QaQL!16-58rwMU6O5mAOPGmC--g

@JaHoe, here's Berlin:

1999-05-30 Born to Serve (Berlin)

https://mega.nz/#F!XZBkxKSQ!kCapP2rPFqBshbpwVlIYcA

sorry about the delay.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, maccawings said:

Did the 2001 show for 9/11 at Count Basie Theater in Red Bank ever come out in audio?  I know they did pro shot video. Or does anyone have the video

November 9, 2001 or September 11, 2001? You can check it here if you want http://brucebase.wikidot.com/ This site is a great resource

36 minutes ago, chevy396 said:

Do You know if this has a FLAC version circulating ?

I don't know, with all these mp3 versions to fill the gaps, we are all hoping that someone will have the Flac versions and is willing to share with us.

We have asked so many times!

It's good to see you back today :)

Edit: Maybe Bosstrade has it, it is his info!

7 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Here is the full Lost Masters collection; 19 volumes and the two discs of essentials. I don't have the lossless files anymore, but this is 320 mp3, all properly tagged with cover art.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g73faz7ua3tutnk/AAAJC_7HBetEr7UnZfinGtzea?dl=0

Thanks! Everyone should have a copy of this. Absolutely essential listening.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, chevy396 said:

By request :

1973-07-18 - Max's Kansas City, New York, NY (Early Show) (Alternate version)
https://we.tl/t-aB1PFegqff
FLAC
Artwork & Info included
Link expires 2019-06-09

Hi,

Are we sure this is from the 18th, as it looks almost identical to the gig on the 23rd?

thanks

34 minutes ago, chevy396 said:

This is the info from the infofile  :

"

18/07/73 - MAX'S KANSAS CITY, NEW YORK, NY

EARLY SHOW (The Wailers): PUT IT ON (4:50) / SLAVE DRIVER (4:48) / BURNIN’ AND LOOTIN’ (5:21) / STOP THAT TRAIN (4:00) / KINKY REGGAE (5:19) / STIR IT UP (6:44)

EARLY SHOW (Springsteen): NEW YORK CITY SERENADE (8:11) / SANDY (6:46) / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT (4:57) / DOES THIS BUS STOP AT 82ND ST (4:09) / SOMETHING YOU GOT (6:41) / ZERO AND BLIND TERRY (6:08) / THUNDERCRACK (11:27, edited)

LATE SHOW (Springsteen): SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / NEW YORK CITY SERENADE / ROUTE 66

TWO shows, double billing, with Springsteen headlining and THE WAILERS (led by Bob Marley) opening. This was the start of a 6-night (12-show) residency. It was also The Wailers first-ever USA tour, which had started the week before with a 6-night (12-show) headlining stint in Boston at Paul’s Mall. The above-mentioned very partial setlist from Springsteen’s Late show is culled from a critique by Stereo Review's Steve Simels, who mentioned that Bruce opened with "Spirit" and performed "Route 66" as the result his own shouted request from the audience. THERE IS NO KNOWN AUDIO FROM THIS LATE SHOW.

The above-mentioned setlist details for both artists EARLY show are culled from an 88-minute audience recording of very good sound quality that has been in circulation (at widely varying levels of completeness) for over 25 years. The original taper seems to have had decent equipment and a choice recording spot. The fact that both artists were recorded may indicate the taper was a Max’s Kansas City employee, rather than a specific fan of Springsteen. This is the only audio of an undercard of a Springsteen show of the post-1971 era that has ever surfaced – and it couldn’t be a more significant one. The Wailers segment of the audio (which has apparently been known by hard core Marley collectors for years) has only come to attention of Springsteen collectors in recently times. It is available on private CDR via Marley/Wailers collector sources. The Wailers segment of audio runs about 38 minutes (including between song tuning) and the Springsteen segment of audio runs about 50 minutes. Both audio segments are of the same quality and sonic characteristics. This is not the complete show audio of either artist, but it probably represents most of each show, bearing in mind this was the early show on a 2 show – 2 artist bill.

All 7 of the known Springsteen songs from this early show can be found as tracks 6 thru 12 on the CD "THE UNSURPASSED SPRINGSTEEN, VOL 2” (Yellow Dog). However these 7 songs had an unfortunate, notoriously confusing tape-boot appearance history prior to their appearance of this Yellow Dog CD. The 7 songs have tended to be cannibalised, re-sequenced and/or misidentified as emanating for a variety of different shows. For example, all 7 songs (except “Thundercrack” and “Does This Bus Stop”) are found on the ALL THOSE YEARS boxed set – but they’re re-sequenced. The two songs not found on ALL THOSE YEARS (“Thundercrack” and “Does This Bus Stop”) have tended to turn up identified as emanating from all kinds of sources – and often listed as a soundboard (which it is not). For example, the alleged previously uncirculating soundboard performance of “Thundercrack” found on a radio station cassette tape and subsequently auctioned by Backstreets Magazine several years ago – this has turned out to be nothing more than this same audience source recording. Since it’s “Thundercrack” that most often circulates misidentified, it should be noted that the original taper appears to have made a decision to edit “Thundercrack” (the mid-song band introductions of Lopez and Clemons are heard but Bruce’s introductions of Sancious, Federici and Tallent have been cut completely – unintentionally making it easy to identify this recording). Unedited audio of this performance of “Thundercrack” has never turned up.

cdr trade/eac wave/tlh flac8/here
this came from the unsepassed cd i think cant compare it,who has the original tape or a copy?"

I have this recording ripped and downloaded from 2002 in Shorten format

Here is the untouched info file

Right now it means nothing until it is fully analyzed along with other sources we have, and even then drawing any conclusions is probably overly optimistic. but let's see what we got

2078194773_BruceSpringsteen-UnsurpassedSpringsteenVol2-back.thumb.jpg.817ea4c732d7a5401430ed94204609e8.jpg

ORIGINAL YELLOW DOG CD > EAC > MKW

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 2 / Max's Kansas City 1972-1973

01  Bishop Danced
02  Song To Orphans
03  Wild Billy Circus Story
04  Thundercrack
05  Vibes Man
06  New York City Serenade
07  4th Of July, Asbury Park
08  Spirit In The Night
09  Does This Bus Stop On 82nd Street?
10  Something You Got
11  Zero And Blind Terry
12  Thundercrack

Tracks 1-5 ..recorded live at Max’s Kansas City - New York 1973
Tracks 6-12 ..recorded live at Max’s Kansas City - New York 1972   <<<<<  this was revised to 1973 later

these tracks have been in suspended animation for 17 years

uploading

9 minutes ago, tillywilly said:

I have this recording ripped and downloaded from 2002 in Shorten format

Here is the untouched info file

Right now it means nothing until it is fully analyzed along with other sources we have, and even then drawing any conclusions is probably overly optimistic. but let's see what we got

2078194773_BruceSpringsteen-UnsurpassedSpringsteenVol2-back.thumb.jpg.817ea4c732d7a5401430ed94204609e8.jpg

ORIGINAL YELLOW DOG CD > EAC > MKW

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 2 / Max's Kansas City 1972-1973

01  Bishop Danced
02  Song To Orphans
03  Wild Billy Circus Story
04  Thundercrack
05  Vibes Man
06  New York City Serenade
07  4th Of July, Asbury Park
08  Spirit In The Night
09  Does This Bus Stop On 82nd Street?
10  Something You Got
11  Zero And Blind Terry
12  Thundercrack

Tracks 1-5 ..recorded live at Max’s Kansas City - New York 1973
Tracks 6-12 ..recorded live at Max’s Kansas City - New York 1972   <<<<<  this was revised to 1973 later

these tracks have been in suspended animation for 17 years

uploading

1973-07-18 - MAX'S KANSAS CITY, NEW YORK CITY, NY

SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / NEW YORK CITY SERENADE / (GET YOUR KICKS ON) ROUTE 66 / WILD BILLY'S CIRCUS STORY / ZERO AND BLIND TERRY

ZERO AND BLIND TERRY           <<<   we just added this to the confirmed tracks played that night based on the attached article by LorraineLorraine-OGrady_Bruce-Springsteen-and-the-Wailers_Maxs-Kansas-City-Art-Glamour-Rock-and-Roll.pdf

https://www.villagevoice.com/2015/12/04/bruce-springsteens-most-memorable-nyc-concerts

July 18, 1973 | Max’s Kansas City
Surprisingly, Springsteen played Max’s Kansas City a fair amount in 1972 and 1973, both solo and with his band, beginning as an opener before slowly morphing into a headline slot as the crowds began to grow. For this particular booking, Bruce was headlining a five-night stand, and his supporting act was none other than the Wailers, featuring both Bob Marley and Peter Tosh, touring the U.S. for the first time. (Fans who sat in the front row of the gig report feeling no pain after the opening act had performed.) The Springsteen set featured a newly-expanded band with the addition of keyboardist David Sancious (who later went on to work with Peter Gabriel, among others), which allowed Bruce to play guitar on songs that previously required piano. The July 18 show was reviewed for the Voice by critic Lorraine O’Brady, in which she notes that the Springsteen and his band looked tired (they had been recording their second album for the past two weeks) and that the performances were inconsistent. However, the review was rejected, and never published by the paper: “The editor wasn’t sure that either act would ever make it.”

http://lorraineogrady.com/writing/the-wailers-and-bruce-springsteen-1973

Bruce Springsteen and the Wailers
Max’s Kansas City, July 18, 1973*
© Lorraine O’Grady
A piece written by O’Grady in 1973 for the Village Voice, but rejected
by her editor because it was "too soon for these two" and finally
published in 2010, reviews the night the Wailers with Bob Marley led in
for Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band.

Written for the Village Voice, but rejected with an editorial note that it was “too
soon for these two,” the review was first published in 2010 as “A Review of Max’s,”
in: Steven Kasher, editor, Max’s Kansas City: Art, Glamour, Rock and Roll.
Contributions by: Lou Reed, Lenny Kaye, Danny Fields, Lorraine O’Grady, and Steven
Watson. Abrams Image, New York, 2010, p. 106

Last night, the acoustic songs worked best. The carefully
orchestrated, line to line mood-changes in “Circus Song,” from
pathos to gaiety, were amazing. If you can picture Todd Brown’s
Freaks laced with gentleness, then you have an idea of what I
mean. By the time Bruce introduced a new number, “Zero and
Terry,” as being “sort of a West Side Story,” the band was on
electric and I had to take his word for it. I couldn’t hear a thing.
The people at his record company, Columbia, are pre

Early Set
Wild Billy's Circus Story
Growin' Up
Something You Got

Late Set
Spirit in the Night
New York City Serenade
Route 66

Zero and Blind Terry

july 19

Wild Billy's Circus Story