Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

43 minutes ago, Thomas J. said:

Actually what I'm working on @tillywilly might be of interest to an archivist like yourself.  Like most here I've been crawling through Brucebase for decades and while their main database is immeasurable in terms of it's depth and accuracy, the "On The Tracks" section seems to be lacking in some regards.  For example there are outtakes from BTR that are undocumented there along with an outtake of "Bring On The Night" that seems to be listed twice.  I'm also trying to currently work through the River section in terms of documenting what is there and if there is/are any omissions.  The issue seems to lie in the fact that collectors are nearly six decades deep into Springsteenology and formats have spanned from vinyl to compact disc to home-brew compilations.  I'm currently in the process of consulting not only Brucebase but also Springsteenlyrics and The Killing Floor in terms of trying to see exactly what is out there in the wild.  I also know there were at least two books published in the early nineties on this stuff that would be well worth checking out as time allows.  I'll keep you posted.

Everybody said I was going to grow up to be an activist, just like you said. Stand by for message.

• Replies 26.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mickb

• Born To Rock

• Twink

• sunshine2020

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone I am home from the hospital again !! First of all, I would like to thank everyone for all the support and loving messages, including all personal messages have done me good. 

Good morning! Here's a "Sunday surprise" for your enjoyment. Hrubesh used the wav files from my 1985-09-01 release and applied his skills to improve the sound. When I listened to his finished pro

Back to The River - starting 1981... 1981-01-20 Toronto CAN 1981-01-20 Toronto CAN 'Deep Down In The Glove Compartment' (SBD) https://mega.nz/folder/BuxSiLQa#C8EUxauAI5QYS5XOpHJogQ

Posted Images

I am updating Born to Run studio 

The 2 wirh the X are the only ones that don't have to be added

that leaves 6

did I forget any

Bruce Springsteen - Born In The Studio (Archive Productions)                X
Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run  Complete Sessions (Mauro R.)
Bruce Springsteen - Born With Nothin' In Hands (Ev2)
Bruce Springsteen - E Ticket 1973-1975 vinyl transfer Rankstranger (Ruthless Rhymes)
Bruce Springsteen - E Ticket Revisited (JEMS)
Bruce Springsteen - E-Ticket Revisited 1973-1975 (Vintage Masters)
Bruce Springsteen - The Born To Run Sessions 24-96 (badlands69)
Bruce Springsteen - Ultimate Born To Run Remastered Outtakes Collection (Fanatic)
Bruce Springsteen - War And Roses - The Definitive BTR Outtakes Collection (E Street)    X

and collections

Bruce Springsteen - 15 Early and Rare Tracks
Bruce Springsteen - Deep Down in the Vaults
Bruce Springsteen - Lost Masters Including Essential Co
Bruce Springsteen - Missing Tracks (Thrill Hill)\Bruce Springsteen - Missing Tracks Vol 2\Disc 4
Bruce Springsteen - Missing Tracks (Trademark Of Quality Product - Silvers)
Bruce Springsteen - Roll The Tapes 1974-1983 Studio Recording Rarities Collection (Vintage Masters-Silver)
Bruce Springsteen - Sirius E Street Rarities E Street Radio 2005-2006 (Sirius Radio Webstream) (mp3)
Bruce Springsteen - The Genuine Tracks
Bruce Springsteen - The Genuine Tracks\Bruce Springsteen-The Genuine Tracks\The Genuine Tracks 1972 1996 Volume One
Bruce Springsteen - The Genuine Tracks\Bruce Springsteen-The Genuine Tracks\The Genuine Tracks 1972 1996 Volume Two
Bruce Springsteen - The Pre-Street Shuffle1966-1974 (Flynn)
Bruce Springsteen - The Promise - Thrill Hill Vault (1976-1978)
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 1
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 2
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 3
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 4
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 5
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 6
Bruce Springsteen - Tracks
Bruce Springsteen - Treasures From The Vault (Ev2)
Bruce Springsteen - Ultra Rare Tracks

clue

I Went Down To That House
That sits on the edge of Town
shining so fine and so white

25 minutes ago, maccawings said:

Forgot I had these, gift from a friend years ago. Loosely organized but 100’s of Live stuff

CD77FCDA-85BB-4468-B5EF-CD4C1CF165FB.jpeg

A treasure chest! How exciting. Don't think I could have forgotten about that. :wub:

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Twink said:

A treasure chest! How exciting. Don't think I could have forgotten about that. :wub:

Yeah, my cd collection ran out of room. A friend contacted me and said he was looking for a good home for a “FEW” of his doubles. So I said...sure I’ll take it, a week later these books show up. I shoved them in a closet and forgot all about them. Probably mainly that it is not extremely organized and many have crude artwork or none at all. But i’m Not complaining, it was super generous

• Like 2
9 hours ago, tillywilly said:

that leaves 6

did I forget any

Bruce Springsteen - E Ticket 1973-1975 vinyl transfer Rankstranger (Ruthless Rhymes)
Bruce Springsteen - Ultimate Born To Run Remastered Outtakes Collection (Fanatic)
Bruce Springsteen - War And Roses - The Definitive BTR Outtakes Collection (E Street)    X

and collections

Bruce Springsteen - Missing Tracks (Thrill Hill)\Bruce Springsteen - Missing Tracks Vol 2\Disc 4
Bruce Springsteen - Roll The Tapes 1974-1983 Studio Recording Rarities Collection (Vintage Masters-Silver)
Bruce Springsteen - Sirius E Street Rarities E Street Radio 2005-2006 (Sirius Radio Webstream) (mp3)
Bruce Springsteen - The Genuine Tracks\Bruce Springsteen-The Genuine Tracks\The Genuine Tracks 1972 1996 Volume One
Bruce Springsteen - The Genuine Tracks\Bruce Springsteen-The Genuine Tracks\The Genuine Tracks 1972 1996 Volume Two
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 1
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 2
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 3
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 4
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 5
Bruce Springsteen - The Unsurpassed Springsteen Series\The Unsurpassed Springsteen Vol. 6

clue

And this one? Studio Outtakes - Running Out Of Innocence 1973-1975 (Godfatherecords)

Unfortunately mine is very iffy!

send it===I dont have it thankls

that leaves 6

did I forget any

and collections

clue

Actually what I'm working on @tillywilly might be of interest to an archivist like yourself.  Like most here I've been crawling through Brucebase for decades and while their main database is immeasurable in terms of it's depth and accuracy, the "On The Tracks" section seems to be lacking in some regards.  For example there are outtakes from BTR that are undocumented there along with an outtake of "Bring On The Night" that seems to be listed twice.  I'm also trying to currently work through the River section in terms of documenting what is there and if there is/are any omissions.  The issue seems to lie in the fact that collectors are nearly six decades deep into Springsteenology and formats have spanned from vinyl to compact disc to home-brew compilations.  I'm currently in the process of consulting not only Brucebase but also Springsteenlyrics and The Killing Floor in terms of trying to see exactly what is out there in the wild.  I also know there were at least two books published in the early nineties on this stuff that would be well worth checking out as time allows.  I'll keep you posted.

"On The Tracks" section seems to             <<<<    Born to Run section up to date

working on Darkness

database of studio boots mostly up to date now

• Love Love Love! 1
9 minutes ago, tillywilly said:

send it===I dont have it thankls

that leaves 6

did I forget any

and collections

clue

War And Roses (The Definitive Born To Run Outtakes Collection) (E. St. Records- Silver)

https://mega.nz/#F!dEYmBCyL!N8bjF0yyGlKHZDwocN-RXA

Born in the Studio 1973-1975 (Archives Productions - Silver)

https://mega.nz/#F!ME5xBIqQ!fCKCTzk3X-hoJBPkwtnD6w

Running Out Of Innocence 1973-1975 (Godfatherecords)

https://mega.nz/#F!gdpAiIYA!Alqzh317XElY0E6KwVP5Cg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Born To Rock said:

War And Roses (The Definitive Born To Run Outtakes Collection) (E. St. Records- Silver)

thanks I have the otyher 2 but i check to see which is better share

Brucebase much more up to date

BTR and Darkness

River next and 1973

thanks fot support!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Born To Rock said:

Problem downloading War and Roses. Track 5 thunder road and scan 10 my computer says "Failed: Temporary not available!"

30 minutes ago, mickb said:

It's too quiet on here, going to have to look for more flac gaps ;)

no please, I try to catch up with checking renaming and tagging (to my own standards) hundreds of shows I grabbed here last several months ;) 

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

no please, I try to catch up with checking renaming and tagging (to my own standards) hundreds of shows I grabbed here last several months ;) 

Sorry, I misunderstood, I'm not totaly awake :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, tillywilly said:

Sorry, I misunderstood, I'm not totaly awake :P

I try to find peace in my life and have all my collected shows and boots nicely ordered and named and tagged. But I download more than I can catch up with. I have my own system, so I have good named files and tags and also do some selections of keeping the best and deleting the worst versions of a show (where 8 versions of e.g Boston '99 does not really help my progress in this precious process.... While my wife is asking what the hell I am doing all night on the laptop and go to bed too late ;) 

more clear now Tilly? :lol:

• Haha 6

Looking for the 1976 Red Bank shows. I think they're called Rendezvous 1-5. 

Sorry if this has been requested lately. I've been trying to search for posts in order to keep people from having to upload again, but having mixed results. 

Does anybody know which night the Something in the Night video with the original lyrics that is up on Bruce's YouTube came from?

As always, my adoration and thanks for any help! 

2 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

Sorry if this has been requested lately. I've been trying to search for posts in order to keep people from having to upload again, but having mixed results. 

Does anybody know which night the Something in the Night video with the original lyrics that is up on Bruce's YouTube came from?

i got em all 

Is that youtube from The Promise - Thrill Hill Vault (1976-1978)?

That clip is from August 2, 1976

• Love Love Love! 1
2 minutes ago, tillywilly said:

i got em all 

Is that youtube from The Promise - Thrill Hill Vault (1976-1978)?

That clip is from August 2, 1976

If it's not too much trouble, can I get the first three nights 8/1 - 8/3 when you have a spare minute? 

2 hours ago, LoverInTheCold said:

I got the first 2 nighs on Mega

1976-08-01 Bruce Springsteen - First Rendezvous In Red Bank - Monmouth Arts Center (B Street)

https://mega.nz/#F!iqZmUKxS!b10MioDqlGRLLnsKKgxspw

1976-08-02 Bruce Springsteen - Second Rendezvous In Red Bank - Monmouth Arts Center (B Street)

https://mega.nz/#F!fipSBA4K!JR1G8A-wIt-aFVRqNdUtWQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, LoverInTheCold said:

If it's not too much trouble, can I get the first three nights 8/1 - 8/3 when you have a spare minute? 

I will get night 3