The Bootleg Collectors Corner

16 hours ago, stsa said:

Fascinating documentary from 1991 -- John Hammond: From Bessie Smith to Bruce Springsteen 1991 PBS American Masters in MP4 VHS rip is a little low res but great content and rare footage.  https://we.tl/t-lXo8pyGsA4

Thanks! The only part of this I've seen is the interview Bruce gave. I'll enjoy watching the whole thing. I must have missed it back in the day...

Does anyone knows if the Crystal Cat audience recording is better than the Godfather Records of the 2008 Amsterdam Arena show? I only have the Godfather version thats why i am asking?

Hi everyone, 

Does someone have Pittsburgh 1976 (1976-04-15 Syria Mosque, Pittsburgh, PA) ? i would like to know if "For You" is the piano solo..

Thanks in advance

32 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Does anyone knows if the Crystal Cat audience recording is better than the Godfather Records of the 2008 Amsterdam Arena show? I only have the Godfather version thats why i am asking?

Yes, it seems. See: Collectors Music Reviews.com and search for 'Amsterdam Magic Night'.

Not uncommon way back then: Godfather was the first to release a bootleg of a certain show, and then Crystal Cat followed some time later with a superior product, in both sound and packaging (but also more expensive), when many had already bought the Godfather bootleg.

Maybe it must be said much of the praise for Crystal Cat's Amsterdam Magic Night has also to do with the packaging, the booklet and photos etc.,  which is only relevant if you have the original physical bootleg in your hands.

(I only own the Godfather bootleg of this show BTW).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Yes, it seems. See: Collectors Music Reviews.com and search for 'Amsterdam Magic Night'.

Not uncommon way back then: Godfather was the first to release a bootleg of a certain show, and then CC followed some time later with a superior product, in both sound and packaging (but also more expensive), when many had already bought the Godfather bootleg.

Maybe it must be said much of the praise for Amsterdam Magic Night has also to do with the packaging, the booklet and photos etc.,  which is only relevant if you have the original physical bootleg in your hands.

(I only own the Godfather bootleg of this show BTW).

I'm loading the CC version now, bear with me...

Flac, art, info, etc:

2008-06-18 Amsterdam Magic Night CC891-93

https://mega.nz/#F!KZhQzKSI!LZK2c_fOoOQhV7FvpeBpsQ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, mxschrtt said:

Does someone have Pittsburgh 1976 (1976-04-15 Syria Mosque, Pittsburgh, PA) ? i would like to know if "For You" is the piano solo..

From reading the comments on Brucebase, it seems there is no known audio of this show and the setlist is known because of a newspaper review and recollections of an attendee.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have a copy of 1988-02-25 - Worcester, MA - Centrum in Worcester [Heart Attack On The First Night] in FLAC they could post? Many thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, mickb said:

so sorry, it also seems to have disappeared from my HD, bizarre!

Now loading from my back-up drive, should be there soon....

Weird! Glad you had a backup... 

3 hours ago, amber438 said:

will do.  Opps my 9/17/78 is lost soundboard.  The 9/16 was a cdr trade someone posted some years ago.  Want it anyway for comparison?

I think I have that one. Thanks anyway!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mickb said:

All I've got for 23rd is 'Wrecking Cardiff':

Sonic Studios DSM-6>PA6-XP>M Audio Microtrack>
Wavelab>CD Wave Editor>FLAC Level 8

An EBR Recording

This may also be a copy of the Essexboy version....

Can you put up this one too, Mick? I don't have it, but do have the Essexboy version...

Just now, Twink said:

Can you put up this one too, Mick? I don't have it, but do have the Essexboy version...

EBR Recording = Essexboy recording

• Thanks 1

Greetings to all who have a good weekend, I would like to complete my bootlegs using their special skills and goodwill.

Muchas gracias !!!

2003-06-28 Milan, Italy - Let It Rain (Godfatherecords) 

4 minutes ago, luther said:

Greetings to all who have a good weekend, I would like to complete my bootlegs using their special skills and goodwill.

Muchas gracias !!!

Uploading it for you now... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luther said:

Muchas gracias !!!

3 hours ago, Twink said:

Uploading it for you now... 

2003-06-28 Milan ITA 'Let it Rain' (Godfather 34-35-36)

https://mega.nz/#F!0mxnjSTS!XJPTeXzMquI1HP4ClTbeLA

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Twink said:

Hi Twink,

As Bosstrade confirmed, it's the same, & just checked the files, it's identical, so definately a duplicate under a different name...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ForYou54 said:

Does anyone have a copy of 1988-02-25 - Worcester, MA - Centrum in Worcester [Heart Attack On The First Night] in FLAC they could post? Many thanks in advance!

Hi ForYou54,

It's loading now...

https://mega.nz/#F!WR5lQSpI!Dv80VwZHL-Q8tyE3T-pYRw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Does anyone have the other 2 versions of this (mjk5510 & Two of Us)?

1988-02-25 - Worcester, MA

cheers

13 hours ago, Lampi said:

Maybe it must be said much of the praise for Crystal Cat's Amsterdam Magic Night has also to do with the packaging, the booklet and photos etc.,  which is only relevant if you have the original physical bootleg in your hands.

I have both in FLAC (CC without any info/checks etc, got it from the crystal dog weblog which hosted tons of CC releases some years ago)). But with this comment I have the need to get this one for real in a physical original CC release. As I was at this show. The venue with one of the worst acoustics in the country....

3 hours ago, mickb said:

Hi,

Does anyone have the other 2 versions of this (mjk5510 & Two of Us)?

1988-02-25 - Worcester, MA

cheers

i think i have , will confirm and upload

I have:

1988-02-25 Heart Attack On The First Night - The Centrum, Worcester MA (Ev2)(Mark P) (so this one you have already)

1988-02-25 The Centrum, Worchester MA (Anonymous Collector-Low Gen Source)

let me know if you want the the latter... 

13 hours ago, mxschrtt said:

Hi everyone, 

Thanks in advance

sorry don't have this one, thought I had but that was same venue in 1975

6 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

i think i have , will confirm and upload

I have:

1988-02-25 Heart Attack On The First Night - The Centrum, Worcester MA (Ev2)(Mark P)

1988-02-25 The Centrum, Worchester MA (Anonymous Collector-Low Gen Source)

let me know if you want these. As you are mentioning two other sources it seems ;) 

Hi Jahoe,

I posted the link for 'Heart Attack..' above, as requested. I am looking for other versions, I think the mjk555510 is just the soundcheck, so I'd like that, also looking for the one titled 'Two of us'.

Would be interested to see your anonymous version though?

2 minutes ago, mickb said:

Would be interested to see your anonymous version though?

ok will upload. will need to make new md5 first as I retagged this one already (I have a huge backlog to re-tag shows with my own tagging structure so it looks nice when streaming at home (and able to search)

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Does anyone have a version of 1971-10-30 Richmond,VA (flac) please?

there seen to be a couple of versions in circulation.

also 1971-12-11 Student Prince, Asbury Park

cheers