Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • mickb

    3227

  • Twink

    1735

  • sunshine2020

    1585

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a new box set for your enjoyment the first two shows I ever recorded - LA 1984-11-02 and 1984-11-04 Each remastered with great skill and tender love by hrubesh, working from transfers of th

Good morning! Here's a "Sunday surprise" for your enjoyment. Hrubesh used the wav files from my 1985-09-01 release and applied his skills to improve the sound. When I listened to his finished pro

Okay time to finish off 1978! Then we'll move on to The River... 1978-11-27 Milwaukee WI  1978-11-27 Milwaukee WI (Buckshot) (Incomplete Tape) https://mega.nz/folder/NrwTUQiD#V6oa33ipkY

Posted Images

On 7/4/2020 at 7:10 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Sorry for bringing you into that clart on yesterday. I didn't know it wasn't allowed to request bootlegs of officially released shows and definitely didn't want to get any other posters into a potentially damaging situation. I'll make sure that doesn't happen again.

Not sure what this is about, but to be clear about it. Ofcourse it is NOT OK to request/post official (archive) releases. But as far as I know it is fine to post bootleg (audience/IEM etc) recordings of these same shows right? e.g Winterland Night of CC can still be shared, or not? (just an example)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

Not sure what this is about, but to be clear about it. Ofcourse it is NOT OK to request/post official (archive) releases. But as far as I know it is fine to post bootleg (audience/IEM etc) recordings of these same shows right? e.g Winterland Night of CC can still be shared, or not? (just an example)

Hi Jahoe,

Paulo requested an audience boot for 1999-09-25 Philly, which is the latest one to have an official release. I uploaded the EV2 version, but mods objected to this. I was confused myself, but decided to delete the link, to be on the safe side.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spanisheyes said:

Hello,

Looking for two River shows:

1980-11-28 New York (Recorder 3 CB/MJK5510 version)

1981-09-10 Rosemont (Recorder 3 DS Archives Volume 40 version)

Thanks in advance.

Flac, info,etc:

1980-11-28 MSG (Recorder 3 CB 1st Generation Tapes)

https://mega.nz/folder/mRpARKCb#4LOoq9_VWqqwAWuATffr5Q

1981-09-10 Rosemont (DS Archives Volume 40) Recorder 3

https://mega.nz/folder/uRgymSoS#kcMZC7emHkDSWNld09EHHA

enjoy!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mickb said:

Hi Jahoe,

Paulo requested an audience boot for 1999-09-25 Philly, which is the latest one to have an official release. I uploaded the EV2 version, but mods objected to this. I was confused myself, but decided to delete the link, to be on the safe side.

 

Of course it is OK to request bootlegs, but not when it is linked to the Live Archives at the same time, just ask for the bootleg and not in relation to the Archives or the Officials

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Born To Rock said:

Of course it is OK to request bootlegs, but not when it is linked to the Live Archives at the same time, just ask for the bootleg and not in relation to the Archives or the Officials

The only link to the Official version was the fact that it was the same show (date), so I don't understand why it was removed by the Mods?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mickb said:

The only link to the Official version was the fact that it was the same show, so I don't understand why it was removed by the Mods?

I don't know either Mick, because I don't remember the request and how it was asked!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Born To Rock said:

I don't know either Mick, because I don't remember the request!

Unfortunately the request was deleted also, but I'm sure it said something like:

'while I wait for the archive release, does someone have an audience version'

at which point I uploaded the EV2 release for that date.

Maybe the mods thought I'd actually done the archive release, & not a boot, I don't know. I probably should have queried why the request was deleted & the mods comment at the time, as I try my best to keep to the rules, but what's done is done I guess....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mickb said:

Unfortunately the request was deleted also, but I'm sure it said something like:

'while I wait for the archive release, does someone have an audience version'

at which point I uploaded the EV2 release for that date.

Maybe the mods thought I'd actually done the archive release, & not a boot, I don't know. I probably should have queried why the request was deleted & the mods comment at the time, as I try my best to keep to the rules, but what's done is done I guess....

Sorry, but that is  definitely a link to the Archives just by writing it down

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Born To Rock said:

Sorry, but that is  definitely a link to the Archives just by writing it down

but still it's a bootleg and should not matter if you link it to a recent archives release right? It might be a misunderstanding than from the mods. But I know DIME has this restriction very clear. As soon as something is released, you cannot upload any bootleg versions of the same show anymore. But never heard of that here. And if the rule would be: it is ok to request a bootleg which also has been officialy releases is OK as long as you don't refer to that release, sounds a bit akward to me honestly. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

but still it's a bootleg and should not matter if you link it to a recent archives release right? It might be a misunderstanding than from the mods. But I know DIME has this restriction very clear. As soon as something is released, you cannot upload any bootleg versions of the same show anymore. But never heard of that here. And if the rule would be: it is ok to request a bootleg which also has been officialy releases is OK as long as you don't refer to that release, sounds a bit akward to me honestly. 

I understand that, but those are the rules and probably GL has their own reasons for that, it has everything to do with copyrights, we want to stay, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Born To Rock said:

I understand that, but those are the rules and probably GL has their own reasons for that, it has everything to do with copyrights, we want to stay, right?

surem but not full sure what the GL rules are too be honest. Is this published somewhere? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

surem but not full sure what the GL rules are too be honest. Is this published somewhere? 

You could ask the Mods, it would be better for everyone to know everything

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaHoe said:

but still it's a bootleg and should not matter if you link it to a recent archives release right? It might be a misunderstanding than from the mods. But I know DIME has this restriction very clear. As soon as something is released, you cannot upload any bootleg versions of the same show anymore. But never heard of that here. And if the rule would be: it is ok to request a bootleg which also has been officialy releases is OK as long as you don't refer to that release, sounds a bit akward to me honestly. 

Of course as a newbie here I don't want to stir up the pot...but very confusing. In reality the person recording the concert owns the copyright to that particular recording, and of course the artist and label jointly own the performance and can prohibit private recordings....and if so much like a broadway musical any recording whatsoever would violate copyright...not sure what position Bruce has on this. Some artists encourage it. Obviously you want to pay for anything released and support the artist but aside from that most of these tapes for private consumption and not publicly posted fall into a fair use situation. Really curious to hear how this is handled so as to play by the rules here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mickb said:

Flac, info,etc:

1980-11-28 MSG (Recorder 3 CB 1st Generation Tapes)

https://mega.nz/folder/mRpARKCb#4LOoq9_VWqqwAWuATffr5Q

1981-09-10 Rosemont (DS Archives Volume 40) Recorder 3

https://mega.nz/folder/uRgymSoS#kcMZC7emHkDSWNld09EHHA

enjoy!

Thanks mickb, but it looks like there's an issue with some of the files in both links. It looks like some are still unencrypted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JaHoe said:

surem but not full sure what the GL rules are too be honest. Is this published somewhere? 

I don't think they ever published anything. We asked at the beginning and they pretty much said they'd think about it with the non-official releases of official releases. What seems to be happening is if an archive release is mentioned it gets taken down even it the request is for a non-official release. There hasn't been a problem if the requests are just given by date with no other information included. I guess is someone was searching for "archive" the posts would come up and that could cause a problem for the site. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, spanisheyes said:

Thanks mickb, but it looks like there's an issue with some of the files in both links. It looks like some are still unencrypted.

Hi @spanisheyes / @JaHoe

sorry, don't know what went wrong!

Can you try this please, if it's ok, I'll re-do the other one?

Flac, info,etc:

1980-11-28 MSG (Recorder 3 CB 1st Generation Tapes)

https://mega.nz/folder/3UhwkCJA#r8Ax_QSH7_IeQAKKe_hb6g

thanks

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, talkaboutadream said:

Hi again,

Can someone please share The Great White Boss - 1975/08/15, The Bottom Line New York? Have this one on vinyl and would love to have the audio. Thanks in advance!

Here is the audio from the vinyl transfer in Flac, Info, Artwork

1975-08-15 New York City, NY - The Great White Boss (Hangman 2nd Press - Vinyl) hrubesh

https://mega.nz/folder/MMQQ0YKQ#rrC2avCMq8jcIVOnO46AEQ

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, spanisheyes said:

Thanks mickb, but it looks like there's an issue with some of the files in both links. It looks like some are still unencrypted.

Hopefully this one is ok:

Flac, info,etc:

1981-09-10 Rosemont (DS Archives Volume 40) Recorder 3

https://mega.nz/folder/3N4ESKTI#URL6gxEW1bi5yi-du4OPuQ

enjoy!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...