Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner


Guest

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, mickb said:

Unfortunately the request was deleted also, but I'm sure it said something like:

'while I wait for the archive release, does someone have an audience version'

at which point I uploaded the EV2 release for that date.

Maybe the mods thought I'd actually done the archive release, & not a boot, I don't know. I probably should have queried why the request was deleted & the mods comment at the time, as I try my best to keep to the rules, but what's done is done I guess....

The mods are 100% right. When the official version of a show is released that performance and those versions of the songs in the setlist become coyrighted. The source of the bootleg recording is irrelevant. As for the semi-legit releases which flood Amazon etc then we know they are bootlegs, the mods know they are bootlegs, Bruce knows they are bootlegs but filehosts are as easy to con as Amazon and would probably take down an upload if challenged by people they perceive to own the copyright who in fact are simply a step up from the chancers who post links using cashback hosts on guitars101 but regularly raid here for content.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, audelish70 said:

Hello

Which sources are available for next show

1999-07-15 East Rutherford, NJ?

Thanks in advance

I have the MarkP version:

Flac,art, info:

1999-07-15 East Rutherford - Meadowlands Opening Night (MarkP Version)

https://mega.nz/folder/6JplkYoK#rl_BBbLRJ2tIGP8s4OGf_g

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, mickb said:

Hi @spanisheyes / @JaHoe

sorry, don't know what went wrong!

Can you try this please, if it's ok, I'll re-do the other one?

Flac, info,etc:

1980-11-28 MSG (Recorder 3 CB 1st Generation Tapes)

https://mega.nz/folder/3UhwkCJA#r8Ax_QSH7_IeQAKKe_hb6g

thanks

Thanks again mickb! The files look good for the MSG show and the Rosemont show.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am sure it's on here, but I could not find it. If possible, someone please share these in Mega:

2012-07-04 and 2012-07-05 Palais Omnisports De Paris-Bercy, Paris, France

Thank you friends

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gotgodonmyside said:

The mods are 100% right. When the official version of a show is released that performance and those versions of the songs in the setlist become coyrighted. The source of the bootleg recording is irrelevant. As for the semi-legit releases which flood Amazon etc then we know they are bootlegs, the mods know they are bootlegs, Bruce knows they are bootlegs but filehosts are as easy to con as Amazon and would probably take down an upload if challenged by people they perceive to own the copyright who in fact are simply a step up from the chancers who post links using cashback hosts on guitars101 but regularly raid here for content.

The songs are copyrighted period. They do not have to be released as an official live release to be so.

The mods as custodians of the site can take down what they or the site owner wants. Their toys, their rules.

Without trying to guess the reasons why, has anybody asked any of the mods for clarification?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, fadeaway said:

I am sure it's on here, but I could not find it. If possible, someone please share these in Mega:

2012-07-04 and 2012-07-05 Palais Omnisports De Paris-Bercy, Paris, France

Thank you friends

I got these ones

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2020 at 6:40 PM, judyg said:

Please do not request or link to any material that has been officially released, including official archive releases.  Thank you. 

Hi @judyg

Can you just clarify the rules here please? The request was for an audience recording, & the link posted was not an official / archive release, does this still violate forum rules?

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, fadeaway said:

I am sure it's on here, but I could not find it. If possible, someone please share these in Mega:

2012-07-04 and 2012-07-05 Palais Omnisports De Paris-Bercy, Paris, France

Thank you friends

2012-07-04 - https://mega.nz/folder/Ng4nybCZ#QgCCqRssTodM1gaDxVYucg

2012-07-05 - https://mega.nz/folder/19wnjYrD#PkE2Ny4Mh5wubplfGoco9Q

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

Just a note - your folder is labeled as being Godfather but the contents (at least the infofile etc) refers to the CC release ;)

Ah, thanks. Probably when I was renaming folder and just put Godfather because the first night was GF and I thought Night 2 was GF as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mickb said:

Hi @judyg

Can you just clarify the rules here please? The request was for an audience recording, & the link posted was not an official / archive release, does this still violate forum rules?

thanks

Sorry if I was wrong in this particular instance, I haven't gone back to check. 

The rule is that we don't allow links to any material which has been officially released. If you can buy it from Bruce, then you shouldn't post it here.  So if a show was officially released as an archive, please do not trade a bootleg audience recording of the same show here. Does that clarify it?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I put a request up on Record Machine thread, but I'm having trouble with the bitTorrent link and downloading on my mac.

I've been looking for a better copy of the Hyde Park 2012 show for some time now.
The version I'd previously found was spoiled by people talking nearby.I especially love the Thunder Road opening, I know this was shown on Sky Arts and I do have a youtube link. 
Any help appreciated.
PS I can easily live without Paul McCartney though (I thought it was horrible!)
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, kickstart said:

I put a request up on Record Machine thread, but I'm having trouble with the bitTorrent link and downloading on my mac.

I've been looking for a better copy of the Hyde Park 2012 show for some time now.
The version I'd previously found was spoiled by people talking nearby.I especially love the Thunder Road opening, I know this was shown on Sky Arts and I do have a youtube link. 
Any help appreciated.
PS I can easily live without Paul McCartney though (I thought it was horrible!)
 

I am not sure if it is allowed to share over here because some parts Of the show is official released as bonus on the Springsteen & I dvd 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marnix said:

I am not sure if it is allowed to share over here because some parts Of the show is official released as bonus on the Springsteen & I dvd 

Ok, no problem if it's not allowed... I had looked for a genuine release originally
I think that might have been the SkyArts program I saw, and at the cinema release.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have three requests for shows in mega if possible:

2000-06-27 Madison Square Garden, New York

1988-05-10 Met Center, Bloomington, MN

1988-05-13 Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, IN

Thank you! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, fadeaway said:

I have three requests for shows in mega if possible:

2000-06-27 Madison Square Garden, New York

1988-05-10 Met Center, Bloomington, MN

1988-05-13 Market Square Arena, Indianapolis, IN

Thank you! 

I'll start with this one:

2000-06-27 Bossman284 Master DAT via Hobbes4444 & Earlmv

Flac, info,etc:

https://mega.nz/folder/fFJHXQAY#LqQBvQpV6aF8UGRLD-VVig

enjoy!

already had this in mega:

1988-05-10 Bloomington Night (Crystal Cat 447-49) RESEED

https://mega.nz/folder/HNQBESzQ#t8oocak6CiSnbsGVTG7Nlw

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...