• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mickb

• Twink

• sunshine2020

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a new box set for your enjoyment the first two shows I ever recorded - LA 1984-11-02 and 1984-11-04 Each remastered with great skill and tender love by hrubesh, working from transfers of th

Good morning! Here's a "Sunday surprise" for your enjoyment. Hrubesh used the wav files from my 1985-09-01 release and applied his skills to improve the sound. When I listened to his finished pro

Okay time to finish off 1978! Then we'll move on to The River... 1978-11-27 Milwaukee WI  1978-11-27 Milwaukee WI (Buckshot) (Incomplete Tape) https://mega.nz/folder/NrwTUQiD#V6oa33ipkY

Posted Images

21 hours ago, chevy396 said:

Request :

Could someone kindly upload 1975-02-23 - Westbury, Long Island, NY (Soundcheck).

FLAC only, please.

Thanks in advance.

soundcheck is also available as bonus on 

1975-02-23 Westbury Serenade - Westbury Music Fair, Westbury, NY (Kivak Master Series)

18 minutes ago, chevy396 said:

Another request :

Hope some would be so kind to upload 1978-11-12 - Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY (The Magic Of Rock'N'Roll Music) (Jersey Devil Records)

FLAC only, please.

Thanks in advance

Was still on my mega

https://mega.nz/folder/mWwX0bJY#etyAKyKIV4bc2IbHYenOEA

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, chevy396 said:

Request :

Also missing 1981-03-02 - Hampton Roads Coliseum, Hampton, VA (DS Archives Volume 44) (mjk5510).

FLAC only, please.

Thanks in advance

(I found it on ABMS, but can't repair corrupt PAR files unfortunately)

Loading now Chevy...

Flac (with art & info where available):

1981-03-02 Hampton Recorder 3 (DS Archives Volume 44)

https://mega.nz/folder/bMg2DIhT#MuBMT3MIr9qjb6qrFDu1Aw

cheers!

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, chevy396 said:

Thanks @JaHoe & @mickb.

It's quite a job getting lost recordings back..... So do what I didn't ..... BACKUP everything;).

I feel your pain. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

It's a horrible place to be, & I wouldn't recommend it to anyone :(

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mickb said:

I feel your pain. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt.

It's a horrible place to be, & I wouldn't recommend it to anyone :(

Multiple backups on different media, one copy off site.

Other copies located in secure locations world wide :D:D

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, bosstrade01 said:

Multiple backups on different media, one copy off site.

Other copies located in secure locations world wide :D:D

smarty pants :rolleyes:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, chevy396 said:

So true....

I know you are on ABMS as well, so maybe you can give a tip regarding unrepairable PAR's ? I use the "Quickpar" software. Are the better software to use ??

Still use quickpar myself. Which show is it? Maybe your newsserver and not the pars

Sometime ago I bought a CD called "The Ultimate Main Point '75" released in 2016 by a label (unknown to me) called RoxVox. Does anyone here happen to know which bootleg this is a copy of? Sounds really good so I'm thinking maybe the Prodigal Son...-boot.

1 hour ago, chevy396 said:

It was the 1981-03-02 - Hampton Roads Coliseum, Hampton, VA (DS Archives Volume 44) (mjk5510) recording. @mickb helped me out getting it earlier today.

I use "Newshosting", so maybe that could cause the problem(s) ?. If I want the PAR's downloaded, I have to download them seperately - Normally "Newshosting" unpacks the files automatically so that I only have the FLAC files + art and info's.

Always use the .nzb ;) You'll get everything then.
I have astraweb and use grabit to download. Works like a dream

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Breakaway said:

Sometime ago I bought a CD called "The Ultimate Main Point '75" released in 2016 by a label (unknown to me) called RoxVox. Does anyone here happen to know which bootleg this is a copy of? Sounds really good so I'm thinking maybe the Prodigal Son...-boot.

Why don't you upload it so we can listen? 

5 hours ago, Breakaway said:

According to discogs, "There have been other releases of this legendary performance, but they all suffered from inferior sound quality on disc two. This Ultimate edition now features the second set in superb sound quality, making this the definitive release of this show."

I think that this is the masters+ version from a few years ago, JEMS/Prodigal Son

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, lilbud said:

According to discogs, "There have been other releases of this legendary performance, but they all suffered from inferior sound quality on disc two. This Ultimate edition now features the second set in superb sound quality, making this the definitive release of this show."

I think that this is the masters+ version from a few years ago, JEMS/Prodigal Son

The Main Point Night is the only show that makes me understand how attached so many fans are to attached to bootlegs over Archive releases. 

I've had many chances to "upgrade" to that definitive Ultimate edition, but I just can't. I'm too sentimental towards my copy I've had since 2012 :lol: 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The Main Point Night is the only show that makes me understand how attached so many fans are to attached to bootlegs over Archive releases. 

I've had many chances to "upgrade" to that definitive Ultimate edition, but I just can't. I'm too sentimental towards my copy I've had since 2012 :lol: 

You aren't really one of us until you need every version out there, no matter how awful it is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
21 hours ago, mickb said:

Hi,

I'll start loading Red Bank & Cleveland, unfortunately we're not allowed to share St. Louis here as it's the same date as an official release.

Flac (with art & info where available):

Red Bank  1998-01-31  CC 454/455/456  Red Bank Night

https://mega.nz/folder/3ZokkSAB#Prbyh13ZRCGt_T3r_Jzp7w

Cleveland  1996-09-29  CC 415  USA Blues Vol. 2

https://mega.nz/folder/SdhiBKRI#OhxLvFCRwYG-xZR3Gh6QEQ

cheers!

thanks again mickb for your help. Really appreciated. Sorry for asking for St. Louis, didn't notice that it's officially released. Have a nice weekend.

• Like 1

Good Morning everybody.

These are the last Crystal Cat Releases missed.

Mountain View 1986-10-13  Crystal Cat 326  You Better Not Touch

Mountain View 1995-10-28  Crystal Cat 378  You Better Not Touch Vol. 2

Thanks in advance.