Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, lilbud said:

And about May 7, 1981, I see there was a Godfatherecords release of it entitled "Follow That Dream - Revisited". Does this version sound better than the EV2 version?

To me they sound pretty much the same. Both are good quality (I'd rate them 3 / 5).

Not sure if you agree though.

EDIT : I now see I compared the Piggham "Follow That Dream - Revisited" with EV2.

I don't have the Godfather version you asked for.

Sorry 'bout the mistake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Born To Rock

    2496

  • Twink

    1451

  • mickb

    1373

  • tillywilly

    1243

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now time for a little explanation on my abscence at long periods of times on this board. My wife has been through a very complicated heart surgery at the early start of 2019. A few people here  h

I just want to thank all of the amazing uploaders on here.  You guys have helped me find things I've missed and things I lost over the years.   And the small flood of 1975 Bottom Line shares real

The tillywilly Comprehensive Darkness Tour Rehearsals https://mega.nz/folder/CmhzBJSL#Noqx_fE3gudHn1qJt-Z8qQ

Posted Images

1 hour ago, chevy396 said:

To me they sound pretty much the same. Both are good quality (I'd rate them 3 / 5).

Not sure if you agree though.

EDIT : I now see I compared the Piggham "Follow That Dream - Revisited" with EV2.

I don't have the Godfather version you asked for.

Sorry 'bout the mistake.

I have, but I will do it later today!!

And I will upload!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, fullsky said:

Hi there very fine people! Would anyone have this dvd:

Philadelphia 1985-08-14 (Live on The Born in the USA Tour, Watchdog ,2dvd)?

I have never seen it and it's a proshot from 1985, even if the picture is said to be not that great...

Thanks in advance!

Here are the DVDs: 1985-08-14 Philadelphia, PA (Live on the BITUSA tour) (Watchdog) - 2 DVDs

https://mega.nz/folder/YRZEWCKa#lATB3e5vNeISz56ufnk98A

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I see I am missing these Europe 81 shows

1981-04-11 Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland

1981-04-14 Festhalle, Frankfurt, West Germany (I  have the Dasuye release, interested in other versions)

1981-04-18 Palais Des Sports De Saint-Ouen, Paris, France

 

Zurich show: I am preferably looking for the Mjk5510 and DS archives vol.42 versions. thanks!

Brucebase: 

Audience tape. Five recording sources are known to exist: The first source is released on CD 'Hallenstadion 81' (Winged Wheel). A second source was released LP 'Hallenstadion Zurich' (Ocean Records) and CDR 'Rockin' All Over The World'. The third source is incomplete and released on the 1LP 'Live In Zurich'. 'Mjk5510' has combined these three sources to form the most complete version of this show to-date. A fourth source is only in limited circulation at this time and a fifth source was released as par of the "DS Archives Volume 42", both the fourth and fifth sources are complete.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Born To Rock said:

Here is The Godfathers!

Flac, Info, Artwork

1981-05-07 Stockholm, Sweden - Follow That Dream (Godfatherecords - Silvers) 

https://mega.nz/folder/BQZ2lI7I#jPlw-e40_O_3eqZkIo07hA

 

Thanks BTR.

Apparently a Godfather "Follow That dream - Revisited" should excist according to lillbud.

The "Revisited" title was what confused me, 'cos Piggham has released a title like that as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

Hi, I see I am missing these Europe 81 shows

1981-04-11 Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland

1981-04-14 Festhalle, Frankfurt, West Germany (I  have the Dasuye release, interested in other versions)

1981-04-18 Palais Des Sports De Saint-Ouen, Paris, France

 

Zurich show: I am preferably looking for the Mjk5510 and DS archives vol.42 versions. thanks!

Brucebase: 

Audience tape. Five recording sources are known to exist: The first source is released on CD 'Hallenstadion 81' (Winged Wheel). A second source was released LP 'Hallenstadion Zurich' (Ocean Records) and CDR 'Rockin' All Over The World'. The third source is incomplete and released on the 1LP 'Live In Zurich'. 'Mjk5510' has combined these three sources to form the most complete version of this show to-date. A fourth source is only in limited circulation at this time and a fifth source was released as par of the "DS Archives Volume 42", both the fourth and fifth sources are complete.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

ok, I'll start by loading Zurich (mjk)

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chevy396 said:

Thanks BTR.

Apparently a Godfather "Follow That dream - Revisited" should excist according to lillbud.

The "Revisited" title was what confused me, 'cos Piggham has released a title like that as well.

Not that I know, but I can be wrong, I only have this one from Godfatherecords!

And Brucebase don't mentions it either

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

Hi, I see I am missing these Europe 81 shows

1981-04-11 Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland

1981-04-14 Festhalle, Frankfurt, West Germany (I  have the Dasuye release, interested in other versions)

1981-04-18 Palais Des Sports De Saint-Ouen, Paris, France

 

Zurich show: I am preferably looking for the Mjk5510 and DS archives vol.42 versions. thanks!

Brucebase: 

Audience tape. Five recording sources are known to exist: The first source is released on CD 'Hallenstadion 81' (Winged Wheel). A second source was released LP 'Hallenstadion Zurich' (Ocean Records) and CDR 'Rockin' All Over The World'. The third source is incomplete and released on the 1LP 'Live In Zurich'. 'Mjk5510' has combined these three sources to form the most complete version of this show to-date. A fourth source is only in limited circulation at this time and a fifth source was released as par of the "DS Archives Volume 42", both the fourth and fifth sources are complete.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

I can upload the following :

1981-04-14 Festhalle, Frankfurt, West Germany : LTB Version + schef_mi Version +Anubis Records+mjk5510+Raven Records

1981-04-18 Palais Des Sports De Saint-Ouen, Paris, France :Anubis Records+sbeok tape+SM tape+Dasuye Odeon

Let me know if you want them all, or someone in particular

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Born To Rock said:

Not that I know, but I can be wrong, I only have this one from Godfatherecords!

I have also the same godfather. And I have this one also

1981-05-07 Follow That Dream - Johanneshov Isstadion, Stockholm, SWE (GoldenStars)

Which might be a ripp off copy of godfather, not sure

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

I have also the same godfather. And I have this one also

1981-05-07 Follow That Dream - Johanneshov Isstadion, Stockholm, SWE (GoldenStars)

Which might be a ripp off copy of godfather, not sure

The info on Brucebase;

Audience tapes. Two recordings are known to exist. The first was originally bootlegged on vinyl as 'Follow That Dream' (unknown label) and subsequently on CDs with the same title (Boss Records, Golden Stars), remastered version 'Follow That Dream Revisited' (Piggham) and in improved quality on CDR ''Warm Welcome In Stockholm' (Ev2) and 'Follow That Dream' (Godfather). Fairly regular crackles indicate that all these CDs use the vinyl as source, and feature several edits, most notably in "The River" and "The Promised Land". An alternative tape (from MJK5510) emerged in January 2013 without edits in these two songs, but with edits in "Who'll Stop The Rain" (missing 10 seconds), "Thunder Road" (38 seconds), "Backstreets" (missing 19 seconds from the introduction) and "Detroit Medley" (54 seconds). Patched versions of these songs are available. Both recordings are good, but the vinyl sourced 'Warm Welcome In Stockholm' is among the best of the tour and a fine representation of a wonderful show. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

Hi, I see I am missing these Europe 81 shows

1981-04-11 Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland

1981-04-14 Festhalle, Frankfurt, West Germany (I  have the Dasuye release, interested in other versions)

1981-04-18 Palais Des Sports De Saint-Ouen, Paris, France

 

Zurich show: I am preferably looking for the Mjk5510 and DS archives vol.42 versions. thanks!

Brucebase: 

Audience tape. Five recording sources are known to exist: The first source is released on CD 'Hallenstadion 81' (Winged Wheel). A second source was released LP 'Hallenstadion Zurich' (Ocean Records) and CDR 'Rockin' All Over The World'. The third source is incomplete and released on the 1LP 'Live In Zurich'. 'Mjk5510' has combined these three sources to form the most complete version of this show to-date. A fourth source is only in limited circulation at this time and a fifth source was released as par of the "DS Archives Volume 42", both the fourth and fifth sources are complete.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Here you go @JaHoe:

Flac,art,info:

1981-04-11 Zurich 3 Recorder Mix (MJK5510 project)

https://mega.nz/folder/jRxkAChD#Xx66bqtBrv_E4j7KGH5-mw

enjoy!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, chevy396 said:

I can upload the following :

1981-04-14 Festhalle, Frankfurt, West Germany : LTB Version + schef_mi Version +Anubis Records+mjk5510+Raven Records

1981-04-18 Palais Des Sports De Saint-Ouen, Paris, France :Anubis Records+sbeok tape+SM tape+Dasuye Odeon

Let me know if you want them all, or someone in particular

Hi chevy, let me start with a selection as it is quite a lot:

Could you share :

Frankfurt : LTB Master and mjk5510 (and maybe Anubis)

Paris:  SM master tape + sbeok low generation (these are two different sources) (and maybe Anubis)

Many great thanks in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody else been gotten messages on jungleland asking for shows? Got another one today.

Also, with the godfatherecords 1981-05-07. I saw it mentioned on a site reviewing 'Follow that dream'. Though it might have been talking about their release of the following night.

Yeah, the piggham one will be good

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thundercrack83 said:

This looks great! Anyone out there have these two shows, I'd love to have them!

2012.11.11 St. Paul, MN

2012.11.12 St. Paul, MN

 

Thanks!

I have 11.12.12, ill upload when I get to my computer in a bit

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...