Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

1 minute ago, Born To Rock said:

I don't know either Mick, because I don't remember the request!

Unfortunately the request was deleted also, but I'm sure it said something like:

'while I wait for the archive release, does someone have an audience version'

at which point I uploaded the EV2 release for that date.

Maybe the mods thought I'd actually done the archive release, & not a boot, I don't know. I probably should have queried why the request was deleted & the mods comment at the time, as I try my best to keep to the rules, but what's done is done I guess....

• Like 1
  • Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Born To Rock

• Twink

• mickb

• tillywilly

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now time for a little explanation on my abscence at long periods of times on this board. My wife has been through a very complicated heart surgery at the early start of 2019. A few people here  h

I just want to thank all of the amazing uploaders on here.  You guys have helped me find things I've missed and things I lost over the years.   And the small flood of 1975 Bottom Line shares real

The tillywilly Comprehensive Darkness Tour Rehearsals https://mega.nz/folder/CmhzBJSL#Noqx_fE3gudHn1qJt-Z8qQ

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mickb said:

Unfortunately the request was deleted also, but I'm sure it said something like:

Maybe the mods thought I'd actually done the archive release, & not a boot, I don't know. I probably should have queried why the request was deleted & the mods comment at the time, as I try my best to keep to the rules, but what's done is done I guess....

Sorry, but that is  definitely a link to the Archives just by writing it down

28 minutes ago, Born To Rock said:

Sorry, but that is  definitely a link to the Archives just by writing it down

but still it's a bootleg and should not matter if you link it to a recent archives release right? It might be a misunderstanding than from the mods. But I know DIME has this restriction very clear. As soon as something is released, you cannot upload any bootleg versions of the same show anymore. But never heard of that here. And if the rule would be: it is ok to request a bootleg which also has been officialy releases is OK as long as you don't refer to that release, sounds a bit akward to me honestly. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

but still it's a bootleg and should not matter if you link it to a recent archives release right? It might be a misunderstanding than from the mods. But I know DIME has this restriction very clear. As soon as something is released, you cannot upload any bootleg versions of the same show anymore. But never heard of that here. And if the rule would be: it is ok to request a bootleg which also has been officialy releases is OK as long as you don't refer to that release, sounds a bit akward to me honestly. 

I understand that, but those are the rules and probably GL has their own reasons for that, it has everything to do with copyrights, we want to stay, right?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Born To Rock said:

I understand that, but those are the rules and probably GL has their own reasons for that, it has everything to do with copyrights, we want to stay, right?

surem but not full sure what the GL rules are too be honest. Is this published somewhere? 

16 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

surem but not full sure what the GL rules are too be honest. Is this published somewhere? 

You could ask the Mods, it would be better for everyone to know everything

1 hour ago, JaHoe said:

Of course as a newbie here I don't want to stir up the pot...but very confusing. In reality the person recording the concert owns the copyright to that particular recording, and of course the artist and label jointly own the performance and can prohibit private recordings....and if so much like a broadway musical any recording whatsoever would violate copyright...not sure what position Bruce has on this. Some artists encourage it. Obviously you want to pay for anything released and support the artist but aside from that most of these tapes for private consumption and not publicly posted fall into a fair use situation. Really curious to hear how this is handled so as to play by the rules here.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mickb said:

Flac, info,etc:

1980-11-28 MSG (Recorder 3 CB 1st Generation Tapes)

https://mega.nz/folder/mRpARKCb#4LOoq9_VWqqwAWuATffr5Q

1981-09-10 Rosemont (DS Archives Volume 40) Recorder 3

https://mega.nz/folder/uRgymSoS#kcMZC7emHkDSWNld09EHHA

enjoy!

Thanks mickb, but it looks like there's an issue with some of the files in both links. It looks like some are still unencrypted.

2 hours ago, JaHoe said:

I don't think they ever published anything. We asked at the beginning and they pretty much said they'd think about it with the non-official releases of official releases. What seems to be happening is if an archive release is mentioned it gets taken down even it the request is for a non-official release. There hasn't been a problem if the requests are just given by date with no other information included. I guess is someone was searching for "archive" the posts would come up and that could cause a problem for the site. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have the first 2000 Hartford show. if someone will share the second on in Mega.. thank you.

2000-05-08 Hartford Civic Center, Hartford, CT

7 hours ago, spanisheyes said:

Thanks mickb, but it looks like there's an issue with some of the files in both links. It looks like some are still unencrypted.

Hi @spanisheyes / @JaHoe

sorry, don't know what went wrong!

Can you try this please, if it's ok, I'll re-do the other one?

Flac, info,etc:

1980-11-28 MSG (Recorder 3 CB 1st Generation Tapes)

https://mega.nz/folder/3UhwkCJA#r8Ax_QSH7_IeQAKKe_hb6g

thanks

• Thanks 3
3 hours ago, talkaboutadream said:

Hi again,

Can someone please share The Great White Boss - 1975/08/15, The Bottom Line New York? Have this one on vinyl and would love to have the audio. Thanks in advance!

Here is the audio from the vinyl transfer in Flac, Info, Artwork

1975-08-15 New York City, NY - The Great White Boss (Hangman 2nd Press - Vinyl) hrubesh

https://mega.nz/folder/MMQQ0YKQ#rrC2avCMq8jcIVOnO46AEQ

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, spanisheyes said:

Hopefully this one is ok:

Flac, info,etc:

1981-09-10 Rosemont (DS Archives Volume 40) Recorder 3

https://mega.nz/folder/3N4ESKTI#URL6gxEW1bi5yi-du4OPuQ

enjoy!

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, mickb said:

The mods are 100% right. When the official version of a show is released that performance and those versions of the songs in the setlist become coyrighted. The source of the bootleg recording is irrelevant. As for the semi-legit releases which flood Amazon etc then we know they are bootlegs, the mods know they are bootlegs, Bruce knows they are bootlegs but filehosts are as easy to con as Amazon and would probably take down an upload if challenged by people they perceive to own the copyright who in fact are simply a step up from the chancers who post links using cashback hosts on guitars101 but regularly raid here for content.

27 minutes ago, audelish70 said:

Hello

Which sources are available for next show

1999-07-15 East Rutherford, NJ?

Thanks in advance

And I can add this one: Flac, Info, Artwork

1999-07-15 East Rutherford, NJ - Meadowlands Opening Night 

https://mega.nz/folder/0ZwmwS7K#iThGmp4w69-U-NusseoNeA

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gotgodonmyside said:

The mods are 100% right. When the official version of a show is released that performance and those versions of the songs in the setlist become coyrighted. The source of the bootleg recording is irrelevant. As for the semi-legit releases which flood Amazon etc then we know they are bootlegs, the mods know they are bootlegs, Bruce knows they are bootlegs but filehosts are as easy to con as Amazon and would probably take down an upload if challenged by people they perceive to own the copyright who in fact are simply a step up from the chancers who post links using cashback hosts on guitars101 but regularly raid here for content.

Message understood m100.

• Like 1