Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

6 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Good evening ESN --@mickbis our resident 'Love the Darkness shows' as well as both @tillywilly & @JimCT and I have at least 6 versions ... what I'm poorly communicating and not being cheeky --  is I have no bloody idea which version is best :D

I doubt I've listened to this show since I collected it on cassette 30+ years ago. Looking at available info, I'd try the mjk5510 or Earlmv versions first, based on other works.

• Love Love Love! 1

18 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

1978-05-23 Shea's Buffalo Theatre, Buffalo, NY

Hi, Does anybody know if this show is decent quality?

I've heard a lot worse, put it that way....Just listened to the boot called 'Darkness Starts Here', sound is good.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, allsetcobrajet said:

...late to this thread but...

...it's Lagavulin Thursday here!!! Best damn dram in the land! May the island of Islay be blessed for eternity...

Thirsty Thursday - beer night xx

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JimCT said:

I doubt I've listened to this show since I collected it on cassette 30+ years ago. Looking at available info, I'd try the mjk5510 or Earlmv versions first, based on other works.

Hey Jim,

Would you have copies of these 2 versions you're able to share please? I've only got the Masterpiece & DS Archives versions currently.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, mickb said:

Hey Jim,

Would you have copies of these 2 versions you're able to share please? I've only got the Masterpiece & DS Archives versions currently.

Thanks

I do and am uploading :D

Earlmv Edit, B Street Records and JC Master and Recorder 1 DS Archives Vol 18 with soundcheck mjk5510 oops sorry Mick no just mjk5510 --

• Love Love Love! 1

5 minutes ago, mickb said:

Hey Jim,

Thanks

Looks like I have the mjk5510, will try to upload after my d/l finishes.

• Hug 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JimCT said:

Super!

Is that the same as the DS Archives do you know, or are they actually different versions?

Just now, allsetcobrajet said:

...was there a 'Bruce' missing between 'Biscuit' and 'Bootleg'?

shhh, & don't mention Bourbons......

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, mickb said:

Super!

Is that the same as the DS Archives do you know, or are they actually different versions?

My question too.

I also have the a few versions of the soundcheck -- one by way of The Great One :D

Bloody hell Mick its past 5pm! Bourbon shots all around -- am I being too cheeky?

2 minutes ago, mickb said:

Super!

1 minute ago, JimCT said:

I think they may be one and the same

Yes, agreed, I'm coming to the same conclusion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JimCT said:

It's uploading now. Never done this before, guess I get a link to share after it's done?

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 minutes ago, JimCT said:

It's uploading now. Never done this before, guess I get a link to share after it's done?

Are you using Mega? If so, when loaded, on the extreme right of the folder, if you hover the cursor, the 3 dots will appear, & give you a drop-down, From that, select 'Generate Link', & you can paste it.

1 minute ago, mickb said:

Are you using Mega? If so, when loaded, on the extreme right of the folder, if you hover the cursor, the 3 dots will appear, & give you a drop-down, From that, select 'Generate Link', & you can paste it.

Yes, mega. Thx! Need to check what tillywilly uploaded.

2 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Yes, mega. Thx! Need to check what tillywilly uploaded.

Hey if you guys have stuff I don't let me know

easy to import to your mega and vice versa

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tillywilly said:

Tillywilly -- Your da' Man!

Thank you so much for sharing this awesome month of the 1978 Springsteen canon! Quiet for days, unrest in our country and no word from you and then you materialize with such gems! And of course knowledge!

And I thought my day was great with @mickb shares, greater with @Born To Rock posting, and greater by @JimCTand now you! Thank you for making my awesome day awesomer! Total awesomeness! :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1