Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

38 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

@E Street nation

And of course whomever else may want / need :D -- can't live without!

Here:

1980-12-28 Nassau Coliseum Uniondale NY (David Hussey Remaster)

https://mega.nz/folder/rvRByAjB#FfkoEPD6aXOgIhK_YGXOpA

1980-12-28 Nassau Coliseum Uniondale NY (Vittorio Tapes Collection) (hrubesh-Earlmv)

https://mega.nz/folder/y7YThKyR#Rpxde7xPNiwd6InOONWBkw

1980-12-28 Nassau Coliseum Uniondale NY - 'Merry Xmas Baby' (Godfather)

https://mega.nz/folder/36IzlS5R#PHHVLxxou5gXKF8Y7iJ0Tg

Enjoy! :D

Long Live great Music!!

I have:

1980-12-28 Uniondale 'The Other Night' (Doberman) (hrubesh)

if you guys need... B)

• Like 2

@mickb@bosstrade01

I just came across this version (my brother's hard drive) and I don't want to upload without inquiring to it's validity.

2006-11-14 Hallam FM Arena Sheffield UK (YoungScott)

and I can also post info file if needed.

And Great One -- a question: you wrote earlier: fan made. But aren't all bootlegs of that category?

Thank you in advance for clearing up my confusion. I'm blonde Great One and female :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

@mickb@bosstrade01

I just came across this version (my brother's hard drive) and I don't want to upload without inquiring to it's validity.

And Great One -- a question: you wrote earlier: fan made. But aren't all bootlegs of that category?

Thank you in advance for clearing up my confusion. I'm blonde Great One and female :D

Hi,

Not quite sure what the question is,but it's a 'valid' boot, & I'm sure will be appreciated here. I've had this since 2014, so been around for a while.

https://www.springsteenlyrics.com/bootlegs/aud_live2006/4153_infofile.txt

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

@mickb@bosstrade01

Share that Sheffield one as some may want it.

Some are released by 'labels'. Somebody has to buy them :). Fan made are just that. A taper shared for free. Some are edited by 'fans' again for free.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

@mickb@bosstrade01

I have this one, I loaded...

9 minutes ago, mickb said:

Hi,

Not quite sure what the question is,but it's a 'valid' boot, & I'm sure will be appreciated here. I've had this since 2014, so been around for a while.

https://www.springsteenlyrics.com/bootlegs/aud_live2006/4153_infofile.txt

7 minutes ago, bosstrade01 said:

Share that Sheffield one as some may want it.

Some are released by 'labels'. Somebody has to buy them :). Fan made are just that. A taper shared for free. Some are edited by 'fans' again for free.

Thank you -- uploading now!

My confusion came from The Great One referencing the Z boot ... but really I'm unconfused now! :D but still very blonde! :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Born To Rock said:

I'll upload Travitz

Flac 2008-07-28 East Rutherford, NJ (Travitz Version) 

https://mega.nz/folder/xEpyRTpZ#8c9SlgMILCkWq6RGkfoUjg

Enjoy!

I wish I had saved that info when I got my current copy years ago! I would save a download, then put in in a folder with the date on it (e.g. 7-28-08) but never put which version! Huge pain in the ass looking back on it and now I've started to do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

I was looking through my collection and was looking at the amnesty shows and was wondering..does any audio circulate from countries such as zimbabwe, india, ivory coast etc

Just out of curiosity

Check BB! :P

BB is your friend! BB is your Bible! BB is all the info you need to survive on this bloody awesome board!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Check BB! :P

BB is your friend! BB is your Bible! BB is all the info you need to survive on this bloody awesome board!

Its brilliant this place isnt it! Its great discovering great music and making great friends!

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

1 hour ago, E Street nation said:

1988-09-23 Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum, Oakland, CA

Having consulted Bruce Base (what a gem of a website!) this show caught my eye! 

Does anybody have this please? It says there is a master circulating?

Hi,

I'll load the Mark Persic version.

Flac (art, info,etc where available):

1988-09-23 (MarkP)

https://mega.nz/folder/vdwACRZQ#5vJvvE_LY8rNqGB0jeMktA

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Hug 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mickb said:

Hi,

I'll load the Mark Persic version.

Flac (art, info,etc where available):

1988-09-23 (MarkP)

https://mega.nz/folder/vdwACRZQ#5vJvvE_LY8rNqGB0jeMktA

Enjoy!

Thanks! Enjoy your evening! 

@mickb @sunshine2020 @Born To Rock @cowboyofthesea @chevy396 @bosstrade01 @foreveryoung 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chevy396 said:

Just imagine.... Back in the mid/late nineties I found all the info on a very limited amount of "boots" in the "For You" bootleg books printed in three volumes.

BB is the modern version of "For You" in a billion times bigger scope.

My bible in the mid 80's was a book called Springsteen, by Patrick Humphries & Chris Hunt. It has a great section on the circulating boots of the time, with photos, a write-up, & notes on sound quality, label info,etc.

I dug it out tonight, & found out lists I'd made of my vinyl & cassette collection, with my own info on how good they were. Prisoner Of Love, Landover 88 got EX rating, as did Teardrops On The City- Stockholm, & Independence Day - Wembley 85.

Happy days indeed!

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

12 minutes ago, mickb said:

My bible in the mid 80's was a book called Springsteen, by Patrick Humphries & Chris Hunt. It has a great section on the circulating boots of the time, with photos, a write-up, & notes on sound quality, label info,etc.

I dug it out tonight, & found out lists I'd made of my vinyl & cassette collection, with my own info on how good they were. Prisoner Of Love, Landover 88 got EX rating, as did Teardrops On The City- Stockholm, & Independence Day - Wembley 85.

Happy days indeed!

Don’t forget - Deadbase showed us the way :)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mickb said:

Happy days indeed!

Yeah, I did the same. Started looking for vinyl (and later cd's) back in 1987. Met some folks and started trading tapes too, I was 15 at the time. Made lists of what I had, but also what others had to explore what was out there. Different times, no internet. Sweet memories.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, mickb said:

Happy days indeed!

i have that book too! It has the pages unglued from use even if it was Playboy! 

Another great one is Backstreets. The man and his music by Charles Cross with an incredible list of outtakes 

which at the time drove me mad by the need to have them all :D

Happy days. Totally agree 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cowboyofthesea said:

i have that book too! It has the pages unglued from use even if it was Playboy! 

Another great one is Backstreets. The man and his music by Charles Cross with an incredible list of outtakes 

which at the time drove me mad by the need to have them all :D

Happy days. Totally agree 

Yeah, remember that one too. Those outtakes, maybe tracks 2?

edit: Looking at the book now, we have all the outtakes. But I remember back in the 80's we gazed in amazement by the list

• Like 3