Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

We don't really want to have to police the board. All we want is to have an active participation, especially for those who are regulars.

For the infrequent visitor, who's just looking for a specific boot, then we don't want to pressure them into having to upload before they're able to get their request filled.

But for regulars, there's really no excuse for not being able to share, and the various suggestions made in the last few posts give options for those who don't want to either commit to a paid Mega or other service.

There's enough experienced folk here who can help out others with these options, it just takes a willingness to participate, & everyone wins.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Arjan said:
On 1/24/2021 at 10:01 AM, Born To Rock said:

Flac

2005-11-08 Philadelphia, PA - The Philadelphia Devil (Nicky C-Ev2) 

https://mega.nz/folder/dMg3FajJ#nsCsmP0MDjpkTapNCSdw4w

Enjoy!

Listening right now, awesome show :) Thanks for sharing!

Here are both shows in one! :)

2005-11-08_09 Philadelphia, PA - The Philadelphia Devil (Nicky C-Ev2) 

https://mega.nz/folder/4Q4EGarb#lIwKDgH8vFKoPwv4yvUYqQ

Enjoy

But if you as a group want the board to function in that manner then ultimately you (collectively) have to police it or imposing those restrictions will become arbitrary and discriminatory. I can think of two posters off the top of my head who post regular requests and who have never been challenged and who I know would never contribute in the manner described. feel free to pm me if you want to know who I am referring to.

When it comes to uploading here, one of the great things is that you're not expected to come up with something rare - just come up with a Springsteen show and who knows who might need it without even knowing they need it. :) It's fun to sort of stumble onto a random show that you'd forgotten about or an upgraded version of a show. 

Back in the old old trading days, you had to have rarities to offer in return for shows that didn't circulate much and then wait for weeks for the package to arrive in the mail. 

• Like 6

Just a random load, here's B/Base description:

Tour premiere and first ever performance in Europe for "My Father's House". Six piano songs. Piano songs are "For You", "The River", "Real World", "My Hometown", and "Jesus Was An Only Son". "Reason To Believe" is with the bullet mic. "My Beautiful Reward" and "Dream Baby Dream" are on pump organ. "Paradise" is on electric piano and piano. "State Trooper" is with the regular vocal. First ever performances in Italy of "Devils & Dust", "Silver Palomino", "State Trooper", "Maria's Bed", "Reno", "Paradise", "Further On (Up The Road)", "Jesus Was An Only Son", "Leah", "The Hitter", "Matamoros Banks", and "Dream Baby Dream".

Flac (art, info,etc where available):

2005-06-04 PalaMalaguti, Bologna, Italy - ThePowerfulThing (Godfather)

https://mega.nz/folder/2A5WnJ5I#5xcHVGITYd19HiIqIvKCrQ

Enjoy!

ps hate bullet-mike versions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mickb said:

Just a random load, here's B/Base description:

Tour premiere and first ever performance in Europe for "My Father's House". Six piano songs. Piano songs are "For You", "The River", "Real World", "My Hometown", and "Jesus Was An Only Son". "Reason To Believe" is with the bullet mic. "My Beautiful Reward" and "Dream Baby Dream" are on pump organ. "Paradise" is on electric piano and piano. "State Trooper" is with the regular vocal. First ever performances in Italy of "Devils & Dust", "Silver Palomino", "State Trooper", "Maria's Bed", "Reno", "Paradise", "Further On (Up The Road)", "Jesus Was An Only Son", "Leah", "The Hitter", "Matamoros Banks", and "Dream Baby Dream".

Flac (art, info,etc where available):

2005-06-04 PalaMalaguti, Bologna, Italy - ThePowerfulThing (Godfather)

https://mega.nz/folder/2A5WnJ5I#5xcHVGITYd19HiIqIvKCrQ

Enjoy!

ps hate bullet-mike versions!

Mick

I two am not a fan of the bullet mike. But the way he was singing The Promised Land during this tour, hands down my favorite. The Trenton show 2005-11-22(Official release) I think is the correct date is my favorite version of that song. But yeah, I can deal without the bullet mike. Uploading my shows to Mega now and will post soon 

• Like 2

Hello everyone, I just got home from work. I saw all the messages this morning and the last ones too. He didn't answer because I preferred to sit at the computer to answer. But you don't know how much I wanted to answer them for various reasons that you will see in minutes.

Greetings everyone. I'm uploading 5 shows. My fair warning now, they're MP3s, I don't know who mixed them or who recorded them. I got these when I was still to the bootleg scene. I think I got them YouTube. Which most of what I got from YT was usually one 3 hour video or however long the show was. Then I had to use a program to cut the tracks, some of the tracks are cut the best. I had maybe the begining of a song at the end of the previous track the at the beginning of the correct track. When I did this I never thought I'd be sharing them. I thought it would just be me. But here we are. And I'm happy to have found this community. So to quote Cowboy and Sunshine, "take it or leave it". They're good shows, I'm sorry the track cuts aren't smooth but it's what I have to offer. The BTR and Darkness shows are soundboard quality, Not great but good. The Reunion show I think is a soundboard as well. When I started my quest was for soundboards.  Anyway, here you go. Enjoy

1975-09-26 Iowa City, IA

https://mega.nz/folder/kUkHFQAL#EpK-54IJRaGkfdNpChHm1w

1978-06-16 Kansas City, MO

https://mega.nz/folder/lFskALYT#nDvihVxPkiphQZCFovB9pA

1978-06-24 Portland, OR

https://mega.nz/folder/1QsAGbpT#AnIg2YfHRWCJHYuXlxI37A

1985-07-04 London, ENG 

https://mega.nz/folder/oF8EWBCS#FsF7Ritk6Zj8WNC7wki5CQ

2000-05-08 Hartford, CT

https://mega.nz/folder/9I021TCY#hxf0vte0ArAREdaz3PHZ1g

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

First, so that it is apart from what I am going to write, I want to thank those who came to tell me to help me and learn how to upload transfers here. I really appreciate that kindness and I'm willing to do it. The one who wants to communicate with me on facebook or another side, let me know

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RamiroArgentina said:

First, so that it is apart from what I am going to write, I want to thank those who came to tell me to help me and learn how to upload transfers here. I really appreciate that kindness and I'm willing to do it. The one who wants to communicate with me on facebook or another side, let me know

Hi Ramiro, that's great that you're willing to get involved. I think it was @E Street nationwho very kindly offered to help earlier, so maybe you can pm each other, or whatever works best. As we suggested, we're all willing to help you where we can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Then I want to show you something "I think you are a piece of shit selling the pirates that you download here for free. You said you did not know how to load, then it became Mega is money, then it was time: time to download, burn them to print on disk the pretty covers and then sell them ... and sharing your collection would take too time consuming when you need to download your list

I believe you are a piece of shit selling the bootlegs you download here for free "

This is the message that I saw today in the morning before going to work from @sunshine2020

This is the community you want to build so much? I asked you too @sunshine2020 ....... You insult me without knowing me and saying stupid conclusions. You say that I am selling the material here and that I shit on the time of others. You talk like you know me, do you want to know me? Let me tell you briefly about myself. I am a 21 year old young man who works at McDonalds at 5 in the morning. It is a different job to what many see on TV, but I will work the same because I help my mother so that she does not pay for my things. I am the man of the house, I must take care of my mother, my grandmother and my little brother because my alcoholic father abandoned us and was never present. I live in a shitty country, where one day I would like you to come and see it with your own eyes.

Now you really believe that I have the time and the need to be selling the material that you upload, I am here because I previously said that it is a hobby, and it is. It helps me get my head out of the shitty life that's going on or out of reality. I never thought about shitting on other people's time, but I didn't think about the seriousness of the situation so much for them to go on the offensive. I still can't understand why you Europeans are so cold, serious or on the offensive all the time. We should help each other if there is something that bothers the other person without the need to insult or attack. I have never, since these two years, because I see that they look at me a lot, disrespect someone. Will I have things that bother you? Ok it seems perfect, I will correct them. But that you being upset is no justification for what you did a couple of hours ago. And I'll tell you @sunshine2020 that I'm not going to insult you or anything like you did, because I'm not going to feel better and mainly I don't know you to talk about you. Hopefully all this will serve as learning to correct things and build the true community that is so longed for, and this is told by a 21-year-old who still has a long way to go.

I will do my part, the people who were kind enough to help me will do so and I will learn to collaborate as you want. From now on I tell you that I only specialize in Bruce's stuff from 1984, 1985, 1988, 1992, 1993. So I don't have a "big collection" as some say. And I don't have many transfers from those years either, but I'll help if the opportunity arises

Have a good day and take care everyone! Hug

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mickb said:

Hi Ramiro, that's great that you're willing to get involved. I think it was @E Street nationwho very kindly offered to help earlier, so maybe you can pm each other, or whatever works best. As we suggested, we're all willing to help you where we can.

Thanks a lot. You know that from me it is always well received and grateful.

42 minutes ago, Jerseyboy84 said:

Greetings everyone. I'm uploading 5 shows. My fair warning now, they're MP3s, I don't know who mixed them or who recorded them. I got these when I was still to the bootleg scene. I think I got them YouTube. Which most of what I got from YT was usually one 3 hour video or however long the show was. Then I had to use a program to cut the tracks, some of the tracks are cut the best. I had maybe the begining of a song at the end of the previous track the at the beginning of the correct track. When I did this I never thought I'd be sharing them. I thought it would just be me. But here we are. And I'm happy to have found this community. So to quote Cowboy and Sunshine, "take it or leave it". They're good shows, I'm sorry the track cuts aren't smooth but it's what I have to offer. The BTR and Darkness shows are soundboard quality, Not great but good. The Reunion show I think is a soundboard as well. When I started my quest was for soundboards.  Anyway, here you go. Enjoy

1975-09-26 Iowa City, IA

https://mega.nz/folder/kUkHFQAL#EpK-54IJRaGkfdNpChHm1w

1978-06-16 Kansas City, MO

https://mega.nz/folder/lFskALYT#nDvihVxPkiphQZCFovB9pA

1978-06-24 Portland, OR

https://mega.nz/folder/1QsAGbpT#AnIg2YfHRWCJHYuXlxI37A

1985-07-04 London, ENG 

https://mega.nz/folder/oF8EWBCS#FsF7Ritk6Zj8WNC7wki5CQ

2000-05-08 Hartford, CT

https://mega.nz/folder/9I021TCY#hxf0vte0ArAREdaz3PHZ1g

Thank you!

I appreciate it and found a show you shared that I was going to convert later today for my iPhone! Thanks Jerseyboy! :D

• Bruuuuce! 1

19 minutes ago, RamiroArgentina said:

Then I want to show you something "I think you are a piece of shit selling the pirates that you download here for free. You said you did not know how to load, then it became Mega is money, then it was time: time to download, burn them to print on disk the pretty covers and then sell them ... and sharing your collection would take too time consuming when you need to download your list

I believe you are a piece of shit selling the bootlegs you download here for free "

This is the message that I saw today in the morning before going to work from @sunshine2020

This is the community you want to build so much? I asked you too @sunshine2020 ....... You insult me without knowing me and saying stupid conclusions. You say that I am selling the material here and that I shit on the time of others. You talk like you know me, do you want to know me? Let me tell you briefly about myself. I am a 21 year old young man who works at McDonalds at 5 in the morning. It is a different job to what many see on TV, but I will work the same because I help my mother so that she does not pay for my things. I am the man of the house, I must take care of my mother, my grandmother and my little brother because my alcoholic father abandoned us and was never present. I live in a shitty country, where one day I would like you to come and see it with your own eyes.

Now you really believe that I have the time and the need to be selling the material that you upload, I am here because I previously said that it is a hobby, and it is. It helps me get my head out of the shitty life that's going on or out of reality. I never thought about shitting on other people's time, but I didn't think about the seriousness of the situation so much for them to go on the offensive. I still can't understand why you Europeans are so cold, serious or on the offensive all the time. We should help each other if there is something that bothers the other person without the need to insult or attack. I have never, since these two years, because I see that they look at me a lot, disrespect someone. Will I have things that bother you? Ok it seems perfect, I will correct them. But that you being upset is no justification for what you did a couple of hours ago. And I'll tell you @sunshine2020 that I'm not going to insult you or anything like you did, because I'm not going to feel better and mainly I don't know you to talk about you. Hopefully all this will serve as learning to correct things and build the true community that is so longed for, and this is told by a 21-year-old who still has a long way to go.

I will do my part, the people who were kind enough to help me will do so and I will learn to collaborate as you want. From now on I tell you that I only specialize in Bruce's stuff from 1984, 1985, 1988, 1992, 1993. So I don't have a "big collection" as some say. And I don't have many transfers from those years either, but I'll help if the opportunity arises

Have a good day and take care everyone! Hug

Hi Ramiro,

I can see feelings are running high here, so I think we need to address this now. You can hopefully see why some people may get upset, if a poster continually requests downloads without returning the favour. As you know, we're trying to encourage everyone to do some uploads, & to contribute to the sharing. It doesn't matter if it's not rare, or has been shared before, there's always someone who will appreciate it.

Are there people who come on here & download stuff to sell? Almost certainly, as we have no way of monitoring or controlling that. Because we love to share, there will be people who will abuse that for financial gain.

What I would suggest is that we try & move forward on a positive note. I see @E Street nationhas very kindly offered to help you, so you can focus on getting set-up in order to do some loads.

We want to keep the community spirit here, and make sure that everyone comes away with a positive vibe & a sense of good will & enjoyment, as well as some great shares.

(& I'll have a word with @sunshine2020about her potty mouth :P)

Hope that helps,

Mickb

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mickb said:

Hi Ramiro,

I can see feelings are running high here, so I think we need to address this now. You can hopefully see why some people may get upset, if a poster continually requests downloads without returning the favour. As you know, we're trying to encourage everyone to do some uploads, & to contribute to the sharing. It doesn't matter if it's not rare, or has been shared before, there's always someone who will appreciate it.

Are there people who come on here & download stuff to sell? Almost certainly, as we have no way of monitoring or controlling that. Because we love to share, there will be people who will abuse that for financial gain.

What I would suggest is that we try & move forward on a positive note. I see @E Street nationhas very kindly offered to help you, so you can focus on getting set-up in order to do some loads.

We want to keep the community spirit here, and make sure that everyone comes away with a positive vibe & a sense of good will & enjoyment, as well as some great shares.

Hope that helps,

Mickb

I I agree

I hope that this is all put behind us and we can all continue to work together to share some fantastic music!

On that note...i'm gonna start an upload now :)

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Thank you!

I appreciate it and found a show you shared that I was going to convert later today for my iPhone! Thanks Jerseyboy! :D

Again they're complete shows. Just the way I had to cut tracks is a bit off but. I think you'll enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mickb said:

Hi Ramiro,

Hope that helps,

Mickb

It's okay, I'm not asking you to talk to him. I already know what he thinks of me, but hey will be his conclusions. What I am going to make clear is that my participation here has no financial purpose. My idea is to have material that I like, build a YouTube channel and upload it there. With edition, images and everything. For other people to see what we do here, I want them to know. It would be a channel for the community and I repeat it is not any financial purpose. It is a hobby of mine that I will do in my spare time.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

I I agree

I hope that this is all put behind us and we can all continue to work together to share some fantastic music!

On that note...i'm gonna start an upload now :)

don´t worry, the problems I try to face the best possible and always through respect. I treat them all the same no matter what.

• Hug 1

9 minutes ago, mickb said:

Hi Ramiro,

Hope that helps,

Mickb

Well spoken Mick! It must never come to the point where we are so violently hostile and insulting because of a hobby. That can never be the goal of such a community. Regardless of the reason you get angry. But it must never end like this!

foreveryoung

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1