2008-04-27 Charlotte Bobcats Arena, Charlotte, NC

1973-06-02 Radio Studio WHFS-FM, Bethesda, MD

1974-03-09 KLOL Studio, Houston, TX

1996-11-25 Paramount Theatre, Asbury Park, NJ

Evening all...I have a few requests..please and thanks :D

I have Bethesda! I'll upload now.

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, chevy396 said:

We have to agree (myself included) that the regular uploaders at times upload requests even before requests are posted (at least it could seem so). That way "wanna contribute" (in lack of a better description)  members as SamEJay says simply can't upload recordings requested in time.

To me this is a perspective overseen during the past 24 hours or so discussion on contrbution of members of this board.

Thoughts welcome.

Not quite sure what your point is here chevy, but anyone is welcome to upload at any time. If a request pops up, all someone has to do is reply saying they'll load. Or if someone just wants to upload a random request, just as welcome.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, SamEJay said:

So, after reading the comments regarding not uploading content, I do not want to be considered a leech.  I have attempted in the past to try and fill some requests, but I am always beaten to the punch by the wonderful community we have here and so I don't  have any uploads(at least that i can remember, a mind is a terrible thing).  Anyway, before I break any rules here, I figured I would pose this question:  I was watching The Est Bands Rock 'n Roll Hall induction, and then I saw the posts I just mentioned, so I thought I would upload it, but I do NOT want to upload any content that isn't allowed.  So is it allowed to be uploaded here? 2014, approximately 30 minutes long, m4v version. Not sure if it would be wanted even if I upload it, but i saw where we should upload some shows since not everyone has them.   Leave me know either way please.

The Rock'n'roll Hall of Fame induction of the ESB hasn't been released by "Bruce Inc" so it should be ok to upload.

• Thanks 2

Listened to this show from start to finish today and it sounds very good to me.

It's an average show from the fall 1984 when average was pretty much the same as excellent. :)

1984-10-28 Los Angeles (Tape Man Joe Master Volume 80)

https://we.tl/t-bOc2p528AL

Link expires in a week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, mickb said:

Not quite sure what your point is here chevy, but anyone is welcome to upload at any time. If a request pops up, all someone has to do is reply saying they'll load. Or if someone just wants to upload a random request, just as welcome.

1 hour ago, chevy396 said:

Point is that occasioanally we have three or four pages filled with uploads. They just come hammering down from nowhere (It's fun, and it's what this place is all about) but I can imagine a newcomer to this place finds it a mountain to climb uploading the requests requested. That's my point.

Another part of the dilemma could be (and I stress COULD BE) that newcomers feel they don't have anything new/rare to contribute to the board. All we "OLD & HAVE'EM ALL" maybe simply haven't been good enough over time to welcome and embrace new members with the words : We started out just like you... We had nothing to share.... When we had, we shared.

Not sure I explain my self any good, but I really hope you all try to understand my points.

Not complaining, not trying stirring the pot.

Good afternoon!

I posted a while back that I believed the show and format (FLAC /MP3) didn't matter because as you collect you will have more to share and when starting out probably mostly MP3s -- not to worry because there will always be someone behind you on the same path ... the cycle continues ... most new collectors will post both MP3s and shows that they've downloaded pages back from active links -- which is great! If it's one of my uploads that great for me! Someone else carries my show forward I can delete from Mega and then I can upload another one.

Make sense?

Best. Sunshine.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Good afternoon!

I posted a while back that I believed the show and format (FLAC /MP3) didn't matter because as you collect you will have more to share and when starting out probably mostly MP3s -- not to worry because there will always be someone behind you on the same path ... the cycle continues ... most new collectors will post both MP3s and shows that they've downloaded pages back from active links -- which is great! If it's one of my uploads that great for me! Someone else carries my show forward I can delete from Mega and then I can upload another one.

Make sense?

Best. Sunshine.

I started collecting tapes back in the early 1990s. Then switched to collecting CD-Rs. Then switched to FLACs. Then turned a lot of my FLACs into mp3s since my ears can't tell the difference between a mp3 320 kbps and a FLAC and FLACs take a lot of space. I also figured I wouldn't be trading again so the format really didn't matter. Now I'm back to FLACs (along with the mp3s) since I have the space again AND were sharing here without the pressure of having to come up with rarities.

I think it's great if we can share mp3s and FLACs and DVDs here - never know what someone might need.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 1

1 minute ago, Breakaway said:

I started collecting tapes back in the early 1990s. Then switched to collecting CD-Rs. Then switched to FLACs. Then turned a lot of my FLACs into mp3s since my ears can't tell the difference between a mp3 320 kbps and a FLAC and FLACs take a lot of space. Now I'm back to FLACs (along with the mp3s) since I have the space again.

I think it's great if we can share mp3s and FLACs and DVDs here - never know what someone might need.

I only started collecting when I joined this fourm.. I added a lot of shows at the start and i'm building my collection..I try to share as often as possible and I look forward to sharing and requesting in the future!

I can,t tell the difference between flac and mp3 as i'm only a new collector and don't know much :lol:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, E Street nation said:

2008-04-27 Charlotte Bobcats Arena, Charlotte, NC

1973-06-02 Radio Studio WHFS-FM, Bethesda, MD

1974-03-09 KLOL Studio, Houston, TX

1996-11-25 Paramount Theatre, Asbury Park, NJ

Evening all...I have a few requests..please and thanks :D

Good evening ESN!

Thanks for your patience!

Here:

1974-03-09 KLOL-FM Radio Studio Houston Texas The Lost Radio Show

https://mega.nz/folder/iqxC3AyZ#UT4ZAyd6O2Pc1P8Iu_h2yA

1996-11-25 Paramount Theatre Asbury Park, N.J - Greetings From Paramount Theatre (E Street Guest)s (DAT Master)

https://mega.nz/folder/rzwizaCQ#RUkDptZmovij1INvccWirQ

2008-04-27 Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC - Way Better Than Hannah Montana (BlackLab Production)

https://mega.nz/folder/LuwkjAKB#LP8EspZPECK0OiYjyh0ojw

Enjoy! :D

LONG LIVE GREAT MUSIC!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sunshine2020 said:

Good evening ESN!

Thanks for your patience!

Here:

1974-03-09 KLOL-FM Radio Studio Houston Texas The Lost Radio Show

https://mega.nz/folder/iqxC3AyZ#UT4ZAyd6O2Pc1P8Iu_h2yA

1996-11-25 Paramount Theatre Asbury Park, N.J - Greetings From Paramount Theatre (E Street Guest)s (DAT Master)

https://mega.nz/folder/rzwizaCQ#RUkDptZmovij1INvccWirQ

2008-04-27 Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC - Way Better Than Hannah Montana (BlackLab Production)

https://mega.nz/folder/LuwkjAKB#LP8EspZPECK0OiYjyh0ojw

Enjoy! :D

LONG LIVE GREAT MUSIC!

Thankyou!! :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

I only started collecting when I joined this fourm.. I added a lot of shows at the start and i'm building my collection..I try to share as often as possible and I look forward to sharing and requesting in the future!

I can,t tell the difference between flac and mp3 as i'm only a new collector and don't know much :lol:

It's a fantastic time to start collecting with all the official live releases...plus you usually can't go wrong with EV2's and Crystal Cats and Tape Man Joes and... :)

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

It's a fantastic time to start collecting with all the official live releases...plus you usually can't go wrong with EV2's and Crystal Cats and Tape Man Joes and... :)

All the shows so far have been great and i've loved listening to them. As i'm only young..I'm gonna have to take on a paper round to pay for all these live downloads:lol:

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, chevy396 said:

Point is that occasioanally we have three or four pages filled with uploads. They just come hammering down from nowhere (It's fun, and it's what this place is all about) but I can imagine a newcomer to this place finds it a mountain to climb uploading the requests requested. That's my point.

Another part of the dilemma could be (and I stress COULD BE) that newcomers feel they don't have anything new/rare to contribute to the board. All we "OLD & HAVE'EM ALL" maybe simply haven't been good enough over time to welcome and embrace new members with the words : We started out just like you... We had nothing to share.... When we had, we shared.

Not sure I explain my self any good, but I really hope you all try to understand my points.

Not complaining, not trying stirring the pot.

ok, so let's all make more of an effort to welcome newcomers. I do agree that there will be huge differences in the size of collections people have, & we certainly don't want folk to feel intimidated by some who have been here a while & have much fewer gaps.

In terms of the frequency of requests / loads, that's more difficult to control. As you know, this board can go quite for days, then all of a sudden, just burst into life with lots of requests followed by loads. All I can say is that I find it more stimulating if it's busy, it can get quite boring when quiet.

What I've been trying to do recently is encourage others to just do random loads, & I think that works well in the quieter times, as it means people can build their collections without having to ask all the time.

Other than that, let's be open to ideas to make it the best it can be for 2021, & I would welcome any thoughts & suggestions from anyone. 

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1

3 minutes ago, mickb said:

ok, so let's all make more of an effort to welcome newcomers. I do agree that there will be huge differences in the size of collections people have, & we certainly don't want folk to feel intimidated by some who have been here a while & have much fewer gaps.

In terms of the frequency of requests / loads, that's more difficult to control. As you know, this board can go quite for days, then all of a sudden, just burst into life with lots of requests followed by loads. All I can say is that I find it more stimulating if it's busy, it can get quite boring when quiet.

What I've been trying to do recently is encourage others to just do random loads, & I think that works well in the quieter times, as it means people can build their collections without having to ask all the time.

Other than that, let's be open to ideas to make it the best it can be for 2021, & I would welcome any thoughts & suggestions from anyone. 

I was thinking..people could ask for a fave show from each tour

E.g I could ask for peoples fave show from the rising tour and everyone could upload there fave show to help people build collections and hear great shows

Just a little idea

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mickb said:

Thanks for the welcome and friendship you extended to me and that same welcome you have extended to others after me.

The more active the board is the better: more music to talk about and share!

Mickb you Da Man! You're awesomeness!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 1

16 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

E.g I could ask for peoples fave show from the rising tour and everyone could upload there fave show to help people build collections and hear great shows

Just a little idea

I like it :)

Keep them ideas coming folks!

• Hug 1

21 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

Just a little idea

Great! You start! :D