Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

On 1/26/2021 at 6:34 PM, Breakaway said:

Last summer we asked the moderators about what's allowed to be uploaded.

I don't think this video/audio-thing came up in that discussion. Anyway, the safest thing to do is avoid uploading shows that have been officially released in any format.

On 1/26/2021 at 6:35 PM, E Street nation said:

Better to be safe than sorry!

Is there a list of rules we could pin at the top? 

Hi All,

As we've had some new members join recently, & also the touchy subject of posting rules has been raised, I thought it may be useful if I added what I believe are what we should be adhering to in my signature. As I seem to post on a regular basis here (you may have noticed!), I though that was the simplest way. If anyone thinks they should be re-worded / altered, just let me know?

Happy collecting everyone :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mickb

• Twink

• sunshine2020

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a new box set for your enjoyment the first two shows I ever recorded - LA 1984-11-02 and 1984-11-04 Each remastered with great skill and tender love by hrubesh, working from transfers of th

Good morning! Here's a "Sunday surprise" for your enjoyment. Hrubesh used the wav files from my 1985-09-01 release and applied his skills to improve the sound. When I listened to his finished pro

Back to The River - starting 1981... 1981-01-20 Toronto CAN 1981-01-20 Toronto CAN 'Deep Down In The Glove Compartment' (SBD) https://mega.nz/folder/BuxSiLQa#C8EUxauAI5QYS5XOpHJogQ

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Jerseyboy84 said:

Thank you mick. I see a flaw in my system and now I'll be drumming up a excel spread sheet of my boots and for my documentation the official releases too. I'll make something up cause...now I want to.

Cool! Look forward to seeing it. Here's a copy of the excellent sheet  @cowboyoftheseadid, hopefully he doesn't mind me sharing, it may be a useful starting point....

brucebase 2.ods

• Hug 1

@mickb Your signature was such a good idea that I added it as my signature too. I hope it's ok with you. I figured the more visibility the rules get, the easier it is to remember them.

• Like 3

Good Morning @Breakaway,

Absolutely no problem at all. I don't want to feel like the bad guy here, stressing what's not allowed, but also we don't want to fall foul of 'the authorities', & end up getting closed down :(

If it's clear to all what is & what is not allowed, we can just continue to enjoy each other's collections, & spread great music :D

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, mickb said:

Good Morning @Breakaway,

Absolutely no problem at all. I don't want to feel like the bad guy here, stressing what's not allowed, but also we don't want to fall foul of 'the authorities', & end up getting closed down :(

If it's clear to all what is & what is not allowed, we can just continue to enjoy each other's collections, & spread great music :D

If you don't mind Mick, I'd like to follow suit as well. I'll wait for your approval. This place is too nice for us to be losing it.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, mickb said:

Good Morning @Breakaway,

Well crap I guess it added it as I saved it. I'll take it off if you like.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, mickb said:

Hi All,

As we've had some new members join recently, & also the touchy subject of posting rules has been raised, I thought it may be useful if I added what I believe are what we should be adhering to in my signature. As I seem to post on a regular basis here (you may have noticed!), I though that was the simplest way. If anyone thinks they should be re-worded / altered, just let me know?

Happy collecting everyone :)

Very good idea Mick!!!

Just now, Jerseyboy84 said:

Should we maybe add a 4th rule. By Fans for fans. Not for sale

??? Thoughts?

It's a nice thought, but as it's something we can't really moderate, not sure whether it's worth putting in there. I wanted to keep it as brief as possible, a you can see it makes every post much larger (so less posts / page). Ideally I'd like not to have the double-spacing,but couldn't see a way of doing this. btw your version seems to have lost the hyper-link to BB?

2 minutes ago, mickb said:

It's a nice thought, but as it's something we can't really moderate, not sure whether it's worth putting in there. I wanted to keep it as brief as possible, a you can see it makes every post much larger (so less posts / page). Ideally I'd like not to have the double-spacing,but couldn't see a way of doing this. btw your version seems to have lost the hyper-link to BB?

True. We can control those outside of here. As long as it's not happening here I suppose. I'll figure out the hyper-link now

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, MichaelU1230 said:

Hi

Is there somewhere I can find a full list of Anubis releases? Have a few, and, for most part they are great sounding :) Trying to find out, what I'm missing

Try discogs!!

2 hours ago, Jerseyboy84 said:

Should we maybe add a 4th rule. By Fans for fans. Not for sale

??? Thoughts?

Should really be extended to not profiting from an upload so that it covers those uploaders on the likes of guitars101 who use the affiliate schemes of filefactory, rapidgator and turbobit to earn money from their uploads.

10 minutes ago, bosstrade01 said:

Anubis Records

image.thumb.png.8bb289c2e6715e843fae1adefe6902f8.png

wow - that's quite a list - looks like I'm missing 10 of these, do you have them all BT? ;)

Thanks BT,

Would you happen to have any of these, would be most grateful (& sorry, it's a long list)?

1976-10-28, 1976-10-29, 1978-09-19, 1984-07-30

1996-11-13, 2012-03-19, 2012-06-07, 2012-07-09, 2013-05-31

Many thanks!

Also, if anyone wants me to load any from my list (assuming they don't have an official release), happy to oblige?

2 minutes ago, mickb said:

Thanks BT,

Would you happen to have any of these, would be most grateful (& sorry, it's a long list)?

Many thanks!

Also, if anyone wants me to load any from my list (assuming they don't have an official release), happy to oblige?

just 1 of those

Can you upload 2006-05-17 please 

3 minutes ago, mickb said:

Thanks BT,

Many thanks!

4 minutes ago, mickb said:

Thanks BT,

Many thanks!

Mick

I don't have any but one I don't think anyone can post. 1978-09-19 being Passaic Night. Correct?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jerseyboy84 said:

Mick

I don't have any but one I don't think anyone can post. 1978-09-19 being Passaic Night. Correct?

Yep, you're absolutely correct, my bad :(

• Haha 2
32 minutes ago, mickb said:

Thanks BT,

Many thanks!

I will upload some of these when I have!

Edit: Only the official release  ;)