• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mickb

• Twink

• sunshine2020

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a new box set for your enjoyment the first two shows I ever recorded - LA 1984-11-02 and 1984-11-04 Each remastered with great skill and tender love by hrubesh, working from transfers of th

Good morning! Here's a "Sunday surprise" for your enjoyment. Hrubesh used the wav files from my 1985-09-01 release and applied his skills to improve the sound. When I listened to his finished pro

Back to The River - starting 1981... 1981-01-20 Toronto CAN 1981-01-20 Toronto CAN 'Deep Down In The Glove Compartment' (SBD) https://mega.nz/folder/BuxSiLQa#C8EUxauAI5QYS5XOpHJogQ

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Sleest said:

I do it out of habit as I'm used to do it that way on another forum where it's mandatory

The reason those forums do it is to circumvent bots.

You can really very easy get to the link using the Chrome plugin, it only requires one extra click with the right mouse button.

You're making it overly complex, & not all of us here will use Chrome (incl me).

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Born To Rock said:
6 hours ago, mickb said:

Good Morning BTR,

Just wondering if Stefano was able to source this? I've managed to track down the mp3 version, although listening to it, I'm fairly sure that it's the fake 2012 version, as described on brucebase. Here's the info file if anyone is interested.

Also, it would be interesting to know if this is the same mp3 Stefano has, or if he managed to get the 'real' version?

Best Regards,

Mickb

1981-02-25 Memphis.txt 2.66 kB · 1 download

Expand  

It's the same and fake, sadly!

Reply from Stefano which I wanna write here on his behalf:

I just read about the 1981-02-25 show, unfortunately I never found the tapes, maybe they don't exist, but I wanted to try asking them on GL, I didn't want to share the mp3 files because I knew they were fake and it's not okay to share fake things.

1 hour ago, Sleest said:

As promised 3 random CC shows. I had Google Home doing the numbers.

All links and keys I share, will be base64 encoded from now on (there's a handy Chrome plugin). Decode them once to get the link or code.

431 was first and there's a CC 431-432

1995-04-05 Bruce Springsteen - Sony Studios, New York

link (base64): aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56L2ZpbGUvbGQ1QXhCelo=

decryption key (base 64): U0IwV2FwRFZPVmc2NXNfSmJaVG1TYndGZkNtRjZONTYtVmRCMmk1bFl3SQ==

493 was second, but neither CC or GF have a Springsteen release with that number

1075 was the third number and there's a CC 1074-1075

1976-04-04 Bruce Springsteen MSU Auditorium, East Lansing

link: aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56L2ZpbGUvQWRnbHlBU2I=

decryption key: eW9TRWlFcVJiRURISDN4ZHhqdUdaS3M5aVdVQzRRMlhEZFFkM0ZWLXB4bw==

887 was the fourth random number and there's a CC 886-88

2008-05-30 Bruce Springsteen - Emirates Stadium, London, England

link: aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56L2ZpbGUvcFFweFFDcEo=

decryption key: :eG90TmNlZUtBQm9iRGhTWDBXQUxhX2VRTDNNLTJUaEVZbXM2bW9WaVVkZw==

Thanks for the share, I have problems with the links. How can i open it?

Just now, Born To Rock said:

Reply from Stefano which I wanna write here on his behalf:

I just read about the 1981-02-25 show, unfortunately I never found the tapes, maybe they don't exist, but I wanted to try asking them on GL, I didn't want to share the mp3 files because I knew they were fake and it's not okay to share fake things.

Thanks BTR, I was just curious if the mp3 version that Stefano had was different, & may have been sourced from a genuine recording. I agree that the fake version should not be shared, as it's just confusing, but we'll keep looking in the hope of one day finding a real one :)

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Thanks for the share, I have problems with the links. How can i open it?

1 hour ago, Sleest said:

As promised 3 random CC shows. I had Google Home doing the numbers.

All links and keys I share, will be base64 encoded from now on (there's a handy Chrome plugin). Decode them once to get the link or code.

431 was first and there's a CC 431-432

1995-04-05 Bruce Springsteen - Sony Studios, New York

link (base64): aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56L2ZpbGUvbGQ1QXhCelo=

decryption key (base 64): U0IwV2FwRFZPVmc2NXNfSmJaVG1TYndGZkNtRjZONTYtVmRCMmk1bFl3SQ==

493 was second, but neither CC or GF have a Springsteen release with that number

1075 was the third number and there's a CC 1074-1075

1976-04-04 Bruce Springsteen MSU Auditorium, East Lansing

link: aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56L2ZpbGUvQWRnbHlBU2I=

decryption key: eW9TRWlFcVJiRURISDN4ZHhqdUdaS3M5aVdVQzRRMlhEZFFkM0ZWLXB4bw==

887 was the fourth random number and there's a CC 886-88

2008-05-30 Bruce Springsteen - Emirates Stadium, London, England

link: aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56L2ZpbGUvcFFweFFDcEo=

decryption key: :eG90TmNlZUtBQm9iRGhTWDBXQUxhX2VRTDNNLTJUaEVZbXM2bW9WaVVkZw==

It's fiddly, but you need to cut & paste the link above, click on the base64 encoded hyperlink, paste this into that site then hit decode. This will give a mega url. Then do the same for the decryption key.

So for the 1st one above.

1. Copy this string: aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56L2ZpbGUvbGQ1QXhCelo=

2. Go into here: https://www.base64decode.org/

3. Paste string into box at the top, & hit Decode - This will give Mega URL

4. Do the same 3 steps for decryption key

This is why I'm advising @Sleestthat it's way too fiddly, & we just use mega links directly. As far as I know, none of us have had problems with bots accessing mega links posted here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Sleest said:

I do it out of habit as I'm used to do it that way on another forum where it's mandatory

The reason those forums do it is to circumvent bots.

You can really very easy get to the link using the Chrome plugin, it only requires one extra click with the right mouse button.

Good morning Sleest.

Too much work for me -- I'll be taking a pass. I make things as easy as possible and minimal time invested -- I'm always short on time.

Best. Sunshine

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, sunshine2020 said:

Good morning Sleest.

Too much work for me -- I'll be taking a pass. I make things as easy as possible and minimal time invested -- I'm always short on time. 

Best. Sunshine

You're just a diplomat :D

• Haha 1
Just now, sunshine2020 said:

LOL!!! :D

No -- I'm just following your lead -- SOMETIMES! -- and I also will not be uploading any of @Sleest requests -- takes time and time is the commodity I am short on. So maybe I'm not :D

rebellious diplomacy then ;)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
58 minutes ago, mickb said:

It's fiddly, but you need to cut & paste the link above, click on the base64 encoded hyperlink, paste this into that site then hit decode. This will give a mega url. Then do the same for the decryption key.

So for the 1st one above.

1. Copy this string: aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWdhLm56L2ZpbGUvbGQ1QXhCelo=

2. Go into here: https://www.base64decode.org/

3. Paste string into box at the top, & hit Decode - This will give Mega URL

4. Do the same 3 steps for decryption key

This is why I'm advising @Sleestthat it's way too fiddly, & we just use mega links directly. As far as I know, none of us have had problems with bots accessing mega links posted here.

This is why I use wetransfer....waaaay to It-illiterate for this :lol:

• Haha 4
25 minutes ago, MichaelU1230 said:

This is why I use wetransfer....waaaay to It-illiterate for this :lol:

just install the extension, highlight the link, right mouse click on decode and done ... but hey next time you'll all get the mega link I promise, somebody just posted 10 TB of Bruce goodies by the way on mega and it wasn't me

59 minutes ago, Sleest said:

just install the extension, highlight the link, right mouse click on decode and done ... but hey next time you'll all get the mega link I promise, somebody just posted 10 TB of Bruce goodies by the way on mega and it wasn't me

99% of people are not technically minded enough to install an extension and to know whether it is safe to use on their operating system (and I include myself in that 99%).

If we're talking about the same mega folder, and I suspect we are based on your reference to size (!), then it has been around and getting bigger (!!) for quite some time. Unfortunately if it's been posted publicly it will be hammered and it won't last long because even mega won't cope with the bandwidth.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, gotgodonmyside said:

99% of people are not technically minded enough to install an extension and to know whether it is safe to use on their operating system (and I include myself in that 99%).

If we're talking about the same mega folder, and I suspect we are based on your reference to size (!), then it has been around and getting bigger (!!) for quite some time. Unfortunately if it's been posted publicly it will be hammered and it won't last long because even mega won't cope with the bandwidth.

I found that strange to believe or how do you say that in English? What age are we talking of here by the way? And i ask that with the upmost respect to be clear.

VPN, Discord (most famous chat service on the net), Extensions (you do run at least an ad blocker do you or do you really wait on every YouTube movie to skip the ad?), knowing what's safe and what's not, a bulk downloader plugin, and so on .... Those are essential digital skills and tools nowadays, not? Or am I the strange one here? And I'm 50 by the way. But my nephews keep me young :-)

About the mega folder, yeah that happens to all popular folders, I know, but in the meantime ....

• Sad 1
14 minutes ago, Sleest said:

I found that strange to believe or how do you say that in English? What age are we talking of here by the way? And i ask that with the upmost respect to be clear.

VPN, Discord (most famous chat service on the net), Extensions (you do run at least an ad blocker do you or do you really wait on every YouTube movie to skip the ad?), knowing what's safe and what's not, a bulk downloader plugin, and so on .... Those are essential digital skills and tools nowadays, not? Or am I the strange one here? And I'm 50 by the way. But my nephews keep me young :-)

About the mega folder, yeah that happens to all popular folders, I know, but in the meantime ....

@Sleest

I pinged the 'sad' icon because your post was full of arrogance and not in the spirit of the board and our sharing. NO not everyone is as savvy as you and not everyone wants to dick around with time wasting protocols to download and invest the time.  And more importantly I dislike your arrogance and disrespect when prior to your posting about a link you came here asking for help to build your collection.

You need an attitude adjustment badly!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Just now, thundercrack83 said:

Hello all!

Looking for some random shows today, if anyone could be so kind!

1981.01.29 AMES, IA

1985.08.07 CLEVELAND, OH

1988.09.19 PHILADELPHIA, PA

1996.10.01 NORMAL, IL

2005.07.16 ALBANY, NY

2012.07.12 VIENNA, AUSTRIA

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Good afternoon Thundercrack!

I can help but rushing (as always -- LOL!) to teach and will upload when I get back!

I have: 1985, 1988, 1996, 2012 -- hopefully someone else can help too! :D

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1