Greasy Lake Community

The Bootleg Collectors Corner

2 hours ago, mickb said:

Tell me, when you read the info for this show, what did you find?

2 hours ago, sunshine2020 said:

I laughed and ignored request.

@Jerseyboy84 is all ready in the corner -- do you think a 1 week no request is appropriate? :D

2 hours ago, mickb said:

I was just curious as to what part of the info in the Recording section may have been ambiguous.... :o

If I can just ask, why is it fine for people to upload and share bootlegs of August 19th, 1985 and September 30th, 1985 as has been done in the past, but when someone asks about June 29th 2000 they get lambasted and mocked?

Just curious because surely the thirteen combined songs from those shows selected for Live/1975-85 outweighs the ten from 29/6/2000 taken for Live in New York City?

Wouldn't want any double standards now would we.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

If I can just ask, why is it fine for people to upload and share bootlegs of August 19th, 1985 and September 30th, 1985 as has been done in the past, but when someone asks about June 29th 2000 they get lambasted and mocked?

Just curious because surely the thirteen combined songs from those shows selected for Live/1975-85 outweighs the ten from 29/6/2000 taken for Live in New York City?

It's not fine, but we all make mistakes. In this instance, it was pointed out to the requestor to please check the info before making a request, which would have shown it's not allowed, & very soon afterwards, the request was made.

I searched back & see that Aug 85 was indeed flagged at the time as being used for official release, maybe a link was posted without the uploader realising, & same for Sept 30th. If you took the time to read the history, you'll find that most of us have made mistakes along the way, & have been pulled up on it, including myself.

There are no double standards, we are all just trying to follow the rules as best we can, & protect against being closed down permanently, which is always a real threat. It becomes particularly difficult when previously acceptable material suddenly becomes off-limits due to a new live release, & sometimes the volume of requests & loads makes things more difficult to check. We try & keep the tone friendly, & ensure that everyone can build their collections & gain exposure to more music, but as I said at the start, no-one is perfect.

It is therefore completely not 'double-standards'.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

20 minutes ago, mickb said:

It's not fine, but we all make mistakes. In this instance, it was pointed out to the requestor to please check the info before making a request, which would have shown it's not allowed, & very soon afterwards, the request was made.

I searched back & see that Aug 85 was indeed flagged at the time as being used for official release, maybe a link was posted without the uploader realising, & same for Sept 30th. If you took the time to read the history, you'll find that most of us have made mistakes along the way, & have been pulled up on it, including myself.

There are no double standards, we are all just trying to follow the rules as best we can, & protect against being closed down permanently, which is always a real threat. It becomes particularly difficult when previously acceptable material suddenly becomes off-limits due to a new live release, & sometimes the volume of requests & loads makes things more difficult to check. We try & keep the tone friendly, & ensure that everyone can build their collections & gain exposure to more music, but as I said at the start, no-one is perfect.

@Paolo's Circus Story You're right, these are old uploads which are not allowed anymore and I will take the links down

7 minutes ago, mickb said:

We're also much more visible than when we started out, so we have to be more careful. Keeping the shares going is the goal and policing ourselves is part of that. But we should do it kindly, if at all possible. Mostly we do. Multiple offenders tend to get spanked by Sunshine though! Please feel free to point out any old posts that should be deleted and we'll take care of them. I believe any links to the newest archive were deleted when it was released. We do try!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mickb said:

Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate you taking the time to respond and clear my uncertainties up. I don't know if the links for shows such as 19/8/85, 30/9/85 and others that have tracks featured on Live are still active within the thread, I was just using them as examples given I've spotted them uploaded in the past. Would probably be difficult to find them :lol: 

You guys on here provide a valuable service and as you say, it can be tough to keep on top of things. I remember when I requested 25/9/99 the day it was released, oblivious to the then-unwritten law!

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Interesting ... you have not posted here in how long? Yet you feel compelled to point out our failings! If you perceive you have pissed me off you are correct! I returned from a marvellous family lunch to find your self important post that really has nothing to do with the spirit of this board! While it is ok to post concerts that are not OFFICIALLY Released once a concert is released by BRUCEINC  -- meaning it is now official the link are taken down.

So let me get this straight you came here to shine a spot light on our ineptness, our intention to screw BruceInc out of money, and to just shine a huge light that maybe we are not good enough at what we do?

What is it that you contribute?

I am very clear on my motivation what is yours?

@mickb @Born To Rock @Twink @This is The Way @chevy396

@E Street nation

And apologies to anyone who has a thought on this matter who may have written / posted a reply that in my astonishment and anger have failed to read properly!

And with this ... A Good Night to all.

• Hug 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This is pretty much all I wanted confirmed. Thank you! 

Then maybe you may have asked the proper question instead the being the person to stir up the shit!

We are a friendly kind group that doesn't have interest patience or time for drama -- take it elsewhere!

1 minute ago, sunshine2020 said:

Then maybe you may have asked the proper question instead the being the person to stir up the shit!

We are a friendly kind group that doesn't have interest patience or time for drama -- take it elsewhere!

I wasn't intending on stirring up any shit, I was just seeking clarification as to the status of shows featuring tracks cut on Live/75-85 in regards to the commotion about June 29th, 2000. I thought the question was relevant, and while I'm aware thirteen songs from two shows isn't quite nine from one, I felt the question still held weight and value. Mick and yourself were kind enough to answer my question, again thank you for that. 

@JimCT - Thanks for the links earlier about the taping experience, quick question for you (or anyone else who knows).  How many of your recordings are in circulation?  I just re-listened to the shows from 1984 in LA and Tempe, and wow, great job, I know others have said it, but thank you for recording these shows :) always a great listen every time.

I also have the 1985-07-03 London Show and the 1985-09-01 New Jersey Show and enjoy them as well

Interested to hear more of what you have circulating, are there any others circulating, or are all the other shows in storage?

Thanks

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Estreet_19 said:

@JimCT - Thanks for the links earlier about the taping experience, quick question for you (or anyone else who knows).  How many of your recordings are in circulation?  I just re-listened to the shows from 1984 in LA and Tempe, and wow, great job, I know others have said it, but thank you for recording these shows :) always a great listen every time.

I also have the 1985-07-03 London Show and the 1985-09-01 New Jersey Show and enjoy them as well

Interested to hear more of what you have circulating, are there any others circulating, or are all the other shows in storage?

Thanks

Those are the four Bruce shows I’ve put into circulation. Working on plans regarding others, possibly. Stay tuned.  I’ve also put some G-Dead in limited circulation, for friends. Lots more in storage - at least for now. 

• Love Love Love! 3

7 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Those are the four Bruce shows I’ve put into circulation. Working on plans regarding others, possibly. Stay tuned.  I’ve also put some G-Dead in limited circulation, for friends. Lots more in storage - at least for now. 

Thanks, can’t wait to hear what you come up with!!

1 hour ago, chevy396 said:

I'm searching for :

1970-04-24 - West End, Long Branch, NJ (Sunlight Soldiers At The West End) (Rattle Snake Records)

&

1970-07-17 - Sunshine Inn, Asbury Park, NJ (I found this here, but the link has unfortunately expired)

&

1971-07-23 - Damrosch Park, Lincoln Center, New York, NY  (Summertime In NYC)

FLAC only, please.

Thanks in advance

Here it is: FLAC

1970-07-17 Asbury Park, NJ (ABMS) - Steel Mill 

https://mega.nz/folder/5RoTmaJK#RVHv8p0UlPQjChTMcp3PS

1971-07-23 New York City, NY - Summertime in NYC (Freedom For America Records) (Goody Speed-Pitch-adjusted Remaster) - Bruce Springsteen Band

https://mega.nz/folder/8YoBiQKZ#8kC1X5paCXUadd5qohZFmQ

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, chevy396 said:

Pushing my luck, I know.

But could someone please upload :

1971-10-23 - Richmond Arena, Richmond, VA (Fantastic Virginia) (Vintage Masters)

(Last request for today, promise)

FLAC only, please.

Thanks in advance.

I can!!

FLAC

1971-10-23 Richmond, VA - Fantastic Virginia (Vintage Masters) mislabeled as 1972-03-17 - Bruce Springsteen Band

https://mega.nz/folder/1FpTyISB#ExYvkENVgRxyrUlNtJFlEQ

Enjoy!

Nice read on the previous page. Don't request or post official stuff. Plan and simple. Enjoy the music and share. On that note here are 9 shows from the Darkness Tour. All in the link below. Info files with them. All MP3 format. Enjoy and remember to share.

1978-06-30 - BERKELEY COMMUNITY THEATRE, BERKELEY, CA

1978-07-01 - BERKELEY COMMUNITY THEATRE, BERKELEY, CA

1978-07-05 - THE FORUM, INGLEWOOD, CA

1978-07-16 - MUNICIPAL AUDITORIUM, NEW ORLEANS, LA

1978-08-05 - LOUISVILLE GARDENS, LOUISVILLE, KY

1978-09-03 - SAGINAW CIVIC CENTER, SAGINAW, MI

1978-09-06 - UPTOWN THEATRE, CHICAGO, IL

1978-11-02 - CAPITAL CENTRE, LARGO, MD

1978-12-19 - PARAMOUNT THEATRE, PORTLAND, OR

https://mega.nz/folder/4UkxiACK#8FwxuVlQ_C6H2Zkg_c2dZA

• Like 6

Hello,

I'm looking for these shows from 1999:

3-19 Asbury 2

6-24 Sweden 2

7-27 NJ

8-01 NJ

8-04 NJ

8-07 NJ

8-12 NJ

8-24 Boston

8-27 Boston

9-13 Phil

9-15 Phil

9-16 Phil

9-20 Phil

10-21 LA

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Cloner said:

Hello, I'm looking for these shows from 1999:

In no way meant to be offensive, but requesting 13 shows is a little bit too much for 1 post -your first post, too-, my friend.

And read the rules.

And have a nice day; as said, in no way meant to be offensive.

Welcom to the Lake too.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Lampi said:

In no way meant to be offensive, but requesting 13 shows is a little bit too much for 1 post -your first post, too-, my friend.

And read the rules.

And have a nice day; as said, in no way meant to be offensive.

Welcom to the Lake too.

Thanks. Understood.

• Like 2

Tape Man Joe shows

Volume 04.   1984-09-17 Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA

https://we.tl/t-9vXcUnNuqy

Volume 05.   1984-07-18 Rosemont Horizon, Rosemont, IL

https://we.tl/t-uZVqBJ6hrc

Volume 06.   1985-09-29 Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA

https://we.tl/t-1EGbTwGPg9

Volume 07.   1984-09-21 Civic Arena, Pittsburgh, PA

https://we.tl/t-97Q6QJpYIe

Volume 08.   1984-09-11 Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA

https://we.tl/t-nm3jQ8aQLh

Volume 09.   1984-09-14 Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA

https://we.tl/t-AaWDyHImlu

Music Files only                All FLAC                Links valid for 1 week

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cloner said:

Hello,

I'm looking for these shows from 1999:

3-19 Asbury 2

6-24 Sweden 2

7-27 NJ

8-01 NJ

8-04 NJ

8-07 NJ

8-12 NJ

8-24 Boston

8-27 Boston

9-13 Phil

9-15 Phil

9-16 Phil

9-20 Phil

10-21 LA

Thanks 

When you use the search bar with the date format like this CCYY-MM-DD then you will find some links which are still active!!! See Rule 4!