Sign in to follow this  
Buddhabone

Roxy '78 Lets make it happen.

Rave on, it's a crazy feelin'.  I would love the get Roxy 78 on an official release.

I feel old... (And I'm only 24), but what does goat mean?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wout said:

I feel old... (And I'm only 24), but what does goat mean?

Greatest of all Time

1 minute ago, 65pacecar said:

Greatest of all Time

Ah, thanks!!!

Why the urgency for this release. it is already out there with excellent sound, as good as anything bruce & co released.

I've just bought the entire collection of 78 radio (5) shows for only £16.00, excellent sound, excellent packaging & released on CD not crappy CDR.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TupacThePuma said:

Why the urgency for this release. it is already out there with excellent sound, as good as anything bruce & co released.

I've just bought the entire collection of 78 radio (5) shows for only £16.00, excellent sound, excellent packaging & released on CD not crappy CDR.

The existing copy has DJ banter and there are plenty of audio oddities that could be fixed with a mix from the multi-tracks. Plus July 6th is almost it’s 40 year anniversary.

• Like 2

Wembley 2002! 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, J said:

Wembley 2002! 

Hmm, you are starting early this month...only 6 days after this month's release.

But Faith will be rewarded.

After Agora's audio quality I was a bit meh to '78 shows being released in audio form, I felt that (if possible) a few DVDs would provide a better idea of what made those shows so great instead of relatively decent audio.

After Passaic was released I realised how imperative it was that every single available show from '78 is released from the archive. 

If the archive gifts us The Roxy on July 6th in the same quality as they did Passaic on December 22nd, it'll genuinely be one of the biggest releases of Bruce's career.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

The existing copy has DJ banter

I actually like that, it helps recreate the excitement of hearing it on the radio.

Personally I'd prefer Phoenix from the following night, assuming it was all recorded and not just the songs that were filmed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I actually like that, it helps recreate the excitement of hearing it on the radio.

Personally I'd prefer Phoenix from the following night, assuming it was all recorded and not just the songs that were filmed.

I can see where you’re coming from. I’d also like the Fabulous Forum show from July 5th too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

53 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

I can see where you’re coming from. I’d also like the Fabulous Forum show from July 5th too.

Yes, yes and yes!

(A yes for exiting DJ's (Personally I remember Stockholm 1988 ('all tape recorders can be set ready now'));  a yes for Phoenix and the 11th Commandment Mozes did receive from God; and a yes for L.A. Forum).

No Roxy!

Fucking Roxy haha.  Gimme Palladium 17/09 and Passaic 19/09 please.

But if you are looking for an outside bet, how about Charleston?  Forget Rave On... how about Oh Boy!!

But given how Roxy, Passaic and Winterland could inspire debate all day long, they could just make everyone happy and release Vietnam Vets 81?  Possibly the only show apart from Stockholm 88 that no one will complain about :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karembu said:

Possibly the only show apart from Stockholm 88 that no one will complain about :) 

Are we taking bets on that? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hmm, in hindsight only if we are using matchsticks instead of money haha.  To prove your point,  I am already moaning about Roxy which hasn’t even been confirmed and J would still probably prefer Wembley 2002 but surely even Goombay, wherever he may be, wouldn’t complain about the Vets show :) 

The release of both Winterland shows -together, one release- in superb never-heard-before sound quality would maybe make (almost) everyone happy;  the famous radio broadcast sounding better than ever and the a little bit less famous show only circulating at this moment as an audience tape and a partial soundboard (according to Brucebase).

A release of only one of them would indeed not make everyone happy.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

35 minutes ago, Karembu said:

Fucking Roxy haha.  Gimme Palladium 17/09 and Passaic 19/09 please.

But if you are looking for an outside bet, how about Charleston?  Forget Rave On... how about Oh Boy!!

But given how Roxy, Passaic and Winterland could inspire debate all day long, they could just make everyone happy and release Vietnam Vets 81?  Possibly the only show apart from Stockholm 88 that no one will complain about :) 

For that matter, I would love the West Virginia show from 78 too, its my favorite cover of Oh Boy.

1 hour ago, Karembu said:

Hmm, in hindsight only if we are using matchsticks instead of money haha.  To prove your point,  I am already moaning about Roxy which hasn’t even been confirmed and J would still probably prefer Wembley 2002 but surely even Goombay, wherever he may be, wouldn’t complain about the Vets show :) 

I don’t think anyone would complain about the Vets show. If that is released, I will be happy.

The Roxy is one that I really really want. It’s great in so many ways...Bruce is so loose. The band is great. So many definitive versions. 

• Like 1

It would be nice if Winterland gets published so we finally know whether Quarter to three or Twist & Shout was the final song of the night :P

Talking about '78, I wouldn't mind 1978 September 1 either...

GOOD ROCKIN' TONIGHT / BADLANDS / STREETS OF FIRE / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / HEARTBREAK HOTEL / FACTORY / THE PROMISED LAND / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / RACING IN THE STREET / THUNDER ROAD / JUNGLELAND / LOST IN THE FLOOD / CANDY'S ROOM / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / CHIMES OF FREEDOM / MONA - SHE'S THE ONE / GROWIN' UP / BACKSTREETS / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT) / BORN TO RUN / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / QUARTER TO THREE

Last known performance of Lost in the flood (albeit solo on piano) until New York 2000, and the first performance of Chimes of freedom!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Karembu said:

For the record... I would be ecstatic with a pristine Roxy show or a pristine Vets show or a pristine Wembley 2002.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 6:24 PM, J said:

Wembley 2002! 

WHat has this show to do with Roxy?? You made your Point about the Wembley 2002 show but its almost annoying because in every topic where somebody is talking about a live recording you start again with your Wembley request. I also have my personal wishes about the archive releases but i’m not gonna mention them every time. 

I really like the serie and every time its a surprise what the release is and i am not complain if one of my favorite shows are released or not. 

Roxy 78 would be together with some other 78 broadcast/ soundboards a good choice for an archive release but only time will tell if this is gonna happen

• Haha 1