Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 6/8/2018 at 4:07 AM, Karembu said:

Hmm, in hindsight only if we are using matchsticks instead of money haha.  To prove your point,  I am already moaning about Roxy which hasn’t even been confirmed and J would still probably prefer Wembley 2002 but surely even Goombay, wherever he may be, wouldn’t complain about the Vets show :) 

Whatever happened to Goombay.... that guy was hilarious. One of the best trollers ever on this site

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are we taking bets on that? 

Wembley 2002! 

Posted Images

I would love it if people tweeted @nugsnet and @springsteen requesting Roxy '78 to be released on July 6th. Add me (@SoulEngine) and I'll retweet it. 

It would also be cool if we all poster our twitter @ so we can all talk on twitter.

Obviously, it would be great, if each month we lobbied for our particular shows to be released. One person's Roxy '78 is another's Wembley '02.

Mine is @SoulEngine.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 1:47 AM, Buddhabone said:

The existing copy has DJ banter and there are plenty of audio oddities that could be fixed with a mix from the multi-tracks. Plus July 6th is almost it’s 40 year anniversary.

The DJ banter would clearly be removed from an official release, but in the spirit of the 'tape starting' noise left at tbe start of the BITUSA shows I would love them to include the "he should be dead by now" bit between set 1 and 2. My favourite piece of Bruce hyperbole ever

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, risingaurora said:

Can you block a guy on this board?

You can put someone on 'ignore' if you want and you will no longer see his/her posts, then. However, if someone quotes a post from someone you have on ignore, you will see that post; unless you have the person who quotes on ignore, too. But more Fight Club business, these things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Marnix said:

WHat has this show to do with Roxy?? You made your Point about the Wembley 2002 show but its almost annoying because in every topic where somebody is talking about a live recording you start again with your Wembley request. I also have my personal wishes about the archive releases but i’m not gonna mention them every time. 

I really like the serie and every time its a surprise what the release is and i am not complain if one of my favorite shows are released or not. 

Roxy 78 would be together with some other 78 broadcast/ soundboards a good choice for an archive release but only time will tell if this is gonna happen

Ouch. 

giphy.gif

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If it has been confirmed that the next release will either be Roxy 78, Winterland 78 or a Rising show, I would have thought it would be a no-brainer. Release date 6 July, 40th anniversary of Darkness this year and 40th anniversary of the Roxy show the day after!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would be very surprised if it was not the Roxy show released.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MARTIN LEICESTER said:

If it has been confirmed that the next release will either be Roxy 78, Winterland 78 or a Rising show, 

Of course nothing was confirmed.

The fact no one knows each month what it will be until it is released, is  part of the exitement of the archive series.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Of course nothing was confirmed.

The fact no one knows each month what it will be until it is released, is  part of the exitement of the archive series.

All they said was that everybody would be happy with the next one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J said:

All they said was that everybody would be happy with the next one. 

So no Wembley 2002 then next month, I'm afraid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lampi said:

So no Wembley 2002 then next month, I'm afraid.

It will! It'll make half the people happy cos it's awesome and the other half cos it will shut me up! 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

I would love it if people tweeted @nugsnet and @springsteen requesting Roxy '78 to be released on July 6th. Add me (@SoulEngine) and I'll retweet it. 

It would also be cool if we all poster our twitter @ so we can all talk on twitter.

Obviously, it would be great, if each month we lobbied for our particular shows to be released. One person's Roxy '78 is another's Wembley '02.

Mine is @SoulEngine.

 

How about leaving them alone to do their jobs and pretending for one second that everything is not about you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lampi said:

You can put someone on 'ignore' if you want and you will no longer see his/her posts, then. However, if someone quotes a post from someone you have on ignore, you will see that post; unless you have the person who quotes on ignore, too. But more Fight Club business, these things.

I can't see where I can do that? Any help appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, risingaurora said:

I can't see where I can do that? Any help appreciated.

Hover your mouse over the user name in a post. A profile summary will pop up including an option to 'ignore user'

Link to post
Share on other sites

I fear it might be a bit late to request the Roxy show for July 6th release 

I have no idea how these things work , but if i was in charge , i would be working on shows so that they were ready for release at least a month before hand , so the show assigned for release in July is ready when the June release is announced 

But thats just how i work 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to remember they had a list of 25 shows they are working on... I don't know how far we are into that exactly but I'd say that the next 8 or 9 are set in stone already... And I'm not sure they have plans of continuing after that run as yet.

I think any requests are pointless at the moment to be honest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, risingaurora said:

I can't see where I can do that? Any help appreciated.

Not sure if you predominantly post on a phone or from a computer... I'm not sure it's very easy, or possible at all, to do on a phone... On a laptop or desktop you can hover your cursor over someone's name and you'll get the option to ignore a user. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Osirisluxor said:

so the show assigned for release in July is ready when the June release is announced 

Was the Freehold show, the release of the first Friday of May 2018, not mixed as late as April 2018? So it seems there is -maybe- a little room for last-minute decisions.

A few years ago there was also a delay in the then-about-six-weeks-between-releases because they  'changed horses in mid-stream' [apparently a release of a Joad show was postponed then at the last minute, in favour of something else]. But that was before the current every-first-Friday-of-the-month schedule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J said:

I think any requests are pointless at the moment to be honest. 

Of all the people to say that :lol:

I'm sure you're right though. That Tweet indicated that they knew what was coming next month. With the Rising seemingly ruled out for now it did seem to be suggesting it might be a 78 show. As always, time will tell.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Of all the people to say that :lol:

I'm sure you're right though. That Tweet indicated that they knew what was coming next month. With the Rising seemingly ruled out for now it did seem to be suggesting it might be a 78 show. As always, time will tell.

Perhaps my Wembley 2002 campaign was making that exact point? :P

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Osirisluxor said:

I fear it might be a bit late to request the Roxy show for July 6th release 

I have no idea how these things work , but if i was in charge , i would be working on shows so that they were ready for release at least a month before hand , so the show assigned for release in July is ready when the June release is announced 

But thats just how i work 

A bit late? There was never a time for requests. They don't take requests. They did not ask for requests. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...