Glenntennis87

Where Does Bruce Go From Here?

5 hours ago, Robwarrior said:

Vacation until 2022.  Other Band 30th anniversary tour. :D

Please, noooooo! :lol:

On a more serious note, I don't want another anniversary tour from Bruce, even though it would be better than no tour at all. What I really want is a great, new album and an accompanying tour, preferably next year. 

• Like 3

I usually don't post in these type of threads because i have no idea what comes next. 

But I and most of all Moma would love a Born in the USA Tour. We grew together over that album. So why not. 

• Like 1

I think he's going to go into politics and it will cause quite the quandary around here.

B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, BillyB said:

I think he's going to go into politics and it will cause quite the quandary around here.

B)

He won't be able to talk about it though.

• Haha 5

Visit the garden of England and play at my small local theatre.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

43 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

He won't be able to talk about it though.

Than what would he be? Just another empty singer? :o

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2018 at 6:54 AM, bobfan1976 said:

Unless he tours new material, I don't think Bruce has the voice, and maybe even the stamina anymore for stadium shows w/The E-Street Band. If he does go that route it will be a case of nostalgia and ever diminishing returns.Think of The Rolling Stones in 2018; excellent for their age, but not a patch on what they were once were although we will continually hear how 'the band is playing better than ever'.

Saw the Stones last week and I thought they were as good as they were when I saw them back in 2003 and Jagger is nearly 75.  

I agree about Bruce though.  I thought he was as good as anytime since 1999 in 2013 but there was a noticeable decline in 2013 vs 2016.  Not just the vocals themselves but the additional touches especially  - think of the BITUSA outro for example.

One thing to consider: Where CAN Bruce go from here?

BITUSA will maximise revenues. He may be able to play stadiums with it. Fairly short, stadium tour, US-Europe 2019.

Example: U2 Joshua Tree Tour. 2017. 

Then the new album, arena tour. Example: U2 2018

Neither band can fill stadiums regularly in all parts of the country / world. It takes the mega album.

In the States, I'm quite sure we'll see seats on the field, Platinum seats etc. Perhaps Golden Circle in Europe. 

Personally, I won't be going to a nostalgia show. I look forward to new, timely music. I hope we get it sometime.

• Like 1

I reckon a ‘new’ BITUSA tour full album shows is most likely if Bruce brings the band back to Europe. Guaranteed to sell out the big stadiums which, lets face it, is what his biggest market is used for. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Turkued said:

Personally, I won't be going to a nostalgia show. I look forward to new, timely music. I hope we get it sometime.

I dig it, that it's you personally, but come on, you wouldn't go? It could always be the last time to see them. (E-Street Band style) 

I would hate to wait for a new album and new tour, and the damn thing would be an acoustic album and tour. 

I kick myself in the ass everyday for not trying for SoB. I didn't think it was for me, but after the great reviews from people hear, I should have done it. 

• Like 2

2019/2020: Bruce reinvents himself and performs with an orchestra (or string quartet). Setlist includes only slow powerful songs or adjusted versions: Racing, NYC Serenade, Jungleland, Backstreets, lost in the flood, point blank, independence day, stray bullet, incident on 57 street, the iceman, long walk home, my city of ruins, amerikan skin (41 shots). 

2022: Nostalgia tour: Bruce and the band travel around the world performing all his albums: night 1: complete greetings, night 2: complete TWIESS, etc. This gives fans the opportunity to finally catch that song they have been hunting down for years. 

2025: BTR and final farewell tour: to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Born to Run, Bruce and the E Street Band hit the road one more time and perform a complete BTR every night. Shows are short (1,5 to 2 hours), 15-20 songs, but it's still great. 

The End.

Thank you for the music, Bruce!

• Like 1

The moment I'll come to terms with not seeing him perform again, he'll announce the next world tour.

• Like 3

Where does Bruce go from here? 

Anywhere he wants. As it should be.

Guessing as an avid fan/observer:

Health permitting, he will:

1) Release Broadway DVD

2) Release new studio album

3) Tour either solo or with the band

Where he leads, I will follow. (Thank you, Carole King.)

• Like 4

I still think... 

B’way ends in Dec.  

He takes some time off.  

Tour (probably) w/E St band to follow; with or without a new album release.  The health of everyone concerned will dictate how long and how far.  

And I truly do believe this is it.  So solo, or w/the band; new album, no new album... if he does tour, I’ll go to as many shows as humanly and financially possible.  

At some point yes, I think there will most likely be B’way DVD release.  

• Like 2

On 6/27/2018 at 7:51 PM, Wout said:

2019/2020: Bruce reinvents himself and performs with an orchestra (or string quartet). Setlist includes only slow powerful songs or adjusted versions: Racing, NYC Serenade, Jungleland, Backstreets, lost in the flood, point blank, independence day, stray bullet, incident on 57 street, the iceman, long walk home, my city of ruins, amerikan skin 

For a while, I thought a band augmented with an orchestra or string section may actually have been the next move. This was on the back of firstly the rumours around the new, 'orchestrated' album that was pending release coupled with the regilar performances of NYCS with strings (which I saw as potentially a 'toe in the water' type thing).

For better or worse, Bruce went to Broadway instead and the imminent new album vanished without trace...

• Like 1

I think the interesting thing that none of us really know is what if anything is Bruce writing right now.  He is normally always writing new music.  By the time he is done with Broadway he will have been punching a clock and driving into the city (or staying in the city) for over a year.  That is a completely different mindset from where he has been at any time in his life.  What type of music comes from that?

I had this dream that before Broadway Bruce would grab one of his kids, a car and set out to rediscover America on the road.  Revisit it as the man who has lived as  opposed to the kid who was born to run.  And maybe from that a final American masterpiece would come. 

The next work will not stem from that, but from a solid year of living in the Broadway bubble.  I have no idea what comes from that.  Solo, band, show tunes?  I have no idea. Right now, he may not either.  But there are likely notebook pages of new works waiting to be fleshed out. And on those pages lies the future.

• Like 3

I want the archive series to continue.

Broadway show on Blu-ray.

Long awaited solo album.

Solo tour in U.S./Europe.

• Like 1

Broadway DVD/Blu Ray will be released for Christmas 2018. It makes so much logical sense to me, I would be genuinely surprised if this does not happen.  After that, I will be waiting to see with anticipation as will all of us.

• Like 6

Has there been any suggestion anywhere yet that a Broadway show has been filmed? You would think a camera crew in such a setting would be pretty noticeable and would leak to the internet fairly quickly.

If not, they would need to film a show pretty soon (next month or two at most) to be able to release a DVD for Christmas.

I can see something potentially different being in the works here. Maybe they will film Bruce alone without an audience going through the show. Then use archival footage and photos on screen during the spoken parts. You know, something Thom Zimny thinks is really artistic and cool and the rest of us can all grizzle about.

• Like 1

I did read only a very, very small part of the Broadway-related topics etc. since the Broadway run started (or better: since it was rumoured/announced). But one thing I did read and struck me it was said -not quite literally- a camera crew would distract from everything which makes the show -apparently- so special and unique and brings fan to tears etc. (not at all trying to be negative about it; from what I did read I really believe it is something very special and very unique if you are there in person; otherwise people would not want to see the show for a 2nd time).

Of course it is a fact: a recording, be it a professional recording with fantastic sound quality, or an audience tape which-especially in a small venue-gives an idea of the atmosphere, like in a way it sounds a little bit-only a very, very, very little bit, but still, somehow, a very little bit-how it -maybe- must have sounded like, to hear Bruce Springsteen & The ESB play in the Sancious/Carter line-up way back when in a tiny club [or any other band, in a (very) small venue]; or the Largo 1978 bootleg DVD, which is probably the closest the time machine can bring us to 1978; only in some way, but still, it brings us-those of us who were not there-a little bit to 1978.

But the Broadway show seems to be different from all that, in a way a professional audio recording where you can hear every pin drop, where you can see and hear Bruce talk and sing loud and clear like never before, with a DVD shot with, like, 20 camera's, you can see the audience on the DVD as clear as they are sitting right next to you, you can see every emotion, you can hear and see the audience cry and laugh right in your face; and then; people ask: that's it? that's the show people did pay 800, or 1,000, or 1,500 dollars (or euro's, or whatever) for, travelling from all over the world to New York just to see and hear this; and people who actually where there then-maybe-will say: NO, it is NOT. Bruce Springsteen on Broadway is (was) NOT what you can see on the DVD and it is (was)  NOT what you can hear on the CD. It is (was) much more than that and what it really was, can not -and will never be- really understood and experienced unless you where there, live in person.

So. Maybe/probably/likely Bruce knows this, too (the fact there seems to be no evidence, as the previous post says, a show was filmed already maybe is proof to that), and there will not be a Broadway DVD/CD.

Or maybe Bruce just does not want a show being filmed because he knows it will distract him too much and it will lead to the 'worst'  show of the whole Broadway run.

• Like 1

30 consecutive nights at Giants Stadium

Every song in his catalog played

with the exception of Dream Baby Dream because it would take the whole concert

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

But the Broadway show seems to be different from all that, in a way a professional audio recording where you can hear every pin drop, where you can see and hear Bruce talk and sing loud and clear like never before, with a DVD shot with, like, 20 camera's, you can see the audience on the DVD as clear as they are sitting right next to you, you can see every emotion, you can hear and see the audience cry and laugh right in your face; and then; people ask: that's it? that's the show people did pay 800, or 1,000, or 1,500 dollars (or euro's, or whatever) for, travelling from all over the world to New York just to see and hear this; and people who actually where there then-maybe-will say: NO, it is NOT. Bruce Springsteen on Broadway is (was) NOT what you can see on the DVD and it is (was)  NOT what you can hear on the CD. It is (was) much more than that and what it really was, can not -and will never be- really understood and experienced unless you where there, live in person.

This thing that makes being there some unexplainable plane from reality is manufactured by the theater goers own mind, likely to justify the ridiculous price. It doesn't really exist. Sure there is a feeling that can't be duplicated by being there, but it is manufactured in your brain not in the air of the Walter Kerr. The bootlegs thus far have done a brilliant job catching everything the show is. The dopamine released in your brain from being there is a nice fix but for many it is hardly worth $500. 

If they ever did shoot a video which I have always doubted they will, I would hope that they never showed the audience. 

6 hours ago, ThePhisherman said:

This thing that makes being there some unexplainable plane from reality is manufactured by the theater goers own mind, likely to justify the ridiculous price.

So, cognitive dissonance then to jusitfy yourself. Interesting! (Yes really! No joke on you!)(But not for those who want to see Broadway a 2nd time, I would say).

Anyway, one of the points of my long and now I read it again, some kind of melodramatic post, which I wrote in the middle of the night, half awake, half asleep, while I could not sleep, was many seem to think it will be inevitable and sure there will be a release of a Broadway DVD in December for Christmas, but is it really? (inevitable and sure). That is, a DVD; an audience recording is somehwhat different, just taping the whole thing, then some nice artwork (or some horrible artwork), and there goes the money from the fan's bank acountants to the bank account of Bruce Inc.:lol: