alanio

The 'new American resistance' raises its head again... at last.

I know this might be controversial... but I expected far more from Bruce after Trump got elected... i'm glad he's speaking up again. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, J said:

I know this might be controversial... but I expected far more from Bruce after Trump got elected... i'm glad he's speaking up again. 

I was just about to post something similar.

This is long overdue.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, berlintramp said:

That's my Bruce! :wub:

At last the setlist has been shaken up ;) Would be interesting to hear the whole speech.

I know this is a no-no, so to speak, but I hope an audio bootleg of at least that section of the show surfaces.

• Like 2

He also played TGOTJ at the first two shows right?

And also when Patti had a flu, I believe.

I am wondering if TGOTJ was an extra song or he replaced another song. 

2 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

I know this is a no-no, so to speak, but I hope an audio bootleg of at least that section of the show surfaces.

a no-no? What do you mean?

3 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

At last the setlist has been shaken up ;) Would be interesting to hear the whole speech.

Like the new avatar! I guess you didn't like Dorothy being used to advertise the Halifax Building Society;)

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

Like the new avatar! I guess you didn't like Dorothy being used to advertise the Halifax Building Society;)

I am trying to be topical and up to the minute ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, janeymarywendy said:

I am trying to be topical and up to the minute ;)

Plus, you have time on your hands...!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I’m glad he spoke out. But in crisis like these celebrity action isn’t enough. What I’m fearing is that with the constant disregard of human rights, rule of law, civil liberties and just plain common decency the American people is growing numb. This is a time lwhich calls for action by the people much in the same fashion like we’ve seen after the Florida shooting. Americans need to write their Congressmen, support local civil rights advocates, protest in front of these facilities or in front of their local government. For all the coverage on this subject I feel the people themselves have remained awful quiet. I’m missing the public outrage on this. The Trump administration seems to work hard to steer America into a nightmare, Americans need to reclaim their dreams.

• Like 3

With the Asbury appearance and this comment it almost feels like Bruce has ditched the sedatives someone has had him on. Welcome back Bruce!

It may be too much to ask, but your country needs you and your common sense leadership. Bono can't save the world by himself. :) You picked your spot well. I was taken from my mother at birth and put into an orphanage before months later being adopted. It's still inside me. This evil much stop.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

Americans need to reclaim their dreams.

The vast majority of us have been trying hard, through various means, since Election Day.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The Americans need to take the resistance off social media and move to the streets. Without violence, in a civilized manner, but in huge masses. There are times in history when nothing else will suffice. 

Bruce said the nation needed him after 9/11 and he sensed he had to do something. Today, the American lives aren't being crushed under piles of concrete and steel. Today your essential constitutional rights are being crushed at your borders. 

Welcome back Bruce, what took you so long?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Silvia said:

The Americans need to take the resistance off social media and move to the streets. Without violence, in a civilized manner, but in huge masses. There are times in history when nothing else will suffice. 

We have.  There have been massive protests.  Since literally Inauguration Day.  

Many mini protests have broken out in many places (and continue to happen) over what’s happening at the border, and a large scale nation wide protest is planned for June 30th.  

Social media awareness; phone calls, emails and texts to representatives also have been happening on a DAILY BASIS since the election.  

But they are hardly the only thing that’s been happening.  I don’t believe it’s one or the other.  We need both.  

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I’m glad he spoke out. But in crisis like these celebrity action isn’t enough. What I’m fearing is that with the constant disregard of human rights, rule of law, civil liberties and just plain common decency the American people is growing numb. This is a time lwhich calls for action by the people much in the same fashion like we’ve seen after the Florida shooting. Americans need to write their Congressmen, support local civil rights advocates, protest in front of these facilities or in front of their local government. For all the coverage on this subject I feel the people themselves have remained awful quiet. I’m missing the public outrage on this. The Trump administration seems to work hard to steer America into a nightmare, Americans need to reclaim their dreams.

I am embarrassed for my country. I never believed this could happen here. There is so much to take in that I agree that many people just try to shut it off. As @rosiejaneymary said there is a majority that are fighting like hell.

I must admit that I feel naive that I thought we were further along as a country when it comes to common decency. I guess things aren't linear and Obama's presidency brought out the crazies. There are more of them than I thought. Trump gave them license to make their voice even louder.

No matter if Trump is re-elected or not, a lot of damage has been done and it will take us a long time to recover. We are truly two different countries right now and it pisses me off.

I pray for an inspirational leader that can make America principled again. Right now it is all about corruption, greed and racism. Sickening.

To all those outside of the USA....please don't give up on us!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Love what Bruce did but not sure why people are saying it's about time or long overdue really.  He's been hinting at the Trump presidency since last October especially when Broadway started and has disclosed pre-Broadway his feelings on Trump.  He can't and probably doesn't want to comment on every single thing that happens with this disastrous administration.  He'd be tired of talking about it every night just like many of us likely get tired of daily horror stories in the news.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

...certain things are set in stone,

who we are, what we’ll do and what we won’t...

• Like 2

I’ll be honest, I’ve been pretty much out of contact for a couple of weeks due to vacation and stuff. Can somebody succinctly fill me in (without skewing it but just factually) on what exactly is happening? I know there are families being separated at the border but I do not know the context of how and exactly why.