Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

A Definitive Guide to Springsteen's Archive Series


Recommended Posts

It mightn't be the in depth read you guys have become accustomed to, but it's a read nonetheless! (two of 'em, technically!)

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2020/12/24/retro-e-street-review-november-7th-2009-new-york-ny-2/ 

And that's (almost ;)) a wrap on the Archive Series in 2020, you can find all of my reviews for this year's releases compiled here: https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/category/springsteens-archive-series-in-2020/

Next up Bruce-wise on the blog is the annual Possibilities for 2021 and with it the Series' Top 10 songs of 2020 on New Year's Day - What will make the list!???

Merry Christmas / Happy whatever it is you're celebrating, and a Happy New Year to all! :)

msg-2009.jpg?w=1370

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PART 4 LINK: https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2018/07/04/a-guide-to-springsteens-archive-series-part-4/ Hello.  This is the last of four threads on my Guide to the Archive Series, where

I said I would write down some of my memories when I had a chance. Here we go: Looking back on it now, I have so many incredible memories of the end of January and the 1st of February 2014. I hav

Paolo your efforts are outstanding, and I look forward to your future work. 

Posted Images

On 12/24/2020 at 10:45 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Next up Bruce-wise on the blog is the annual Possibilities for 2021 and with it the Series' Top 10 songs of 2020 on New Year's Day - What will make the list!???

If you missed it, you can find out what made the list here: https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2021/01/01/springsteens-archive-series-the-possibilities-for-2021-and-the-series-top-10-songs-of-2020/

Enjoy! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone

I haven't written a typical blog post for yesterday's release, and I'm still not 100% whether I will. Not to worry though if you enjoy my write-ups, because I was able to write the Backstreets review instead. You can check that out here

I've also updated Part 4 of the ongoing Guides, and I'll be adding a rating and a couple of song recommendations within that in the future. 

Cheers :)

  • Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 5:28 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Hi everyone

I haven't written a typical blog post for yesterday's release, and I'm still not 100% whether I will. Not to worry though if you enjoy my write-ups, because I was able to write the Backstreets review instead. You can check that out here

I've also updated Part 4 of the ongoing Guides, and I'll be adding a rating and a couple of song recommendations within that in the future. 

Cheers :)

Chapeau

 good to see your wordsmith skills breing rewarded, you won't forget your roots will you?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It feels good to say the least! And definitely not. This thread won't bump itself ;):lol:

A little stroll down the Lakes memory lane and a bump for this topic :P:D

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, el sergio said:

A little stroll down the Lakes memory lane and a bump for this topic :P:D

 

Convenient! 

On 6/15/2020 at 5:33 PM, el sergio said:

Thanks Paolo. With your reviews you keep alive an old tradition of bootleg and assorted record reviews which were done in the past by an array of Springsteen fanzine's like Backstreets (USA), For True Rockers Only (UK), The ties that bind (UK), Follow that dream (IT), Roulette (NL) and Thunder Road (BE) and last but no least https://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/?s=Springsteen

On 6/15/2020 at 6:35 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Thanks for taking the time to check these reviews out mate! It's also really nice of you to include me in the same sentence as those fanzines. 

Who'd have thought it! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 7:01 AM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Thank you K

I enjoyed that very much

You made some trully wonderful and deep abstruse observations

I remember coming back to my lonely hotel room (now a quareteen hotel btw) and being completly bummed out by some unknown bozo on set list vision who poo pooed what i had just witnessed

You complete neutralise his thoughtlessly words now - thank you 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2021 at 12:11 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Thank you K

I enjoyed that very much

You made some trully wonderful and deep abstruse observations

I remember coming back to my lonely hotel room (now a quareteen hotel btw) and being completly bummed out by some unknown bozo on set list vision who poo pooed what i had just witnessed

You complete neutralise his thoughtlessly words now - thank you 

 

Glad you enjoyed reading it, Daisey. Hopefully night 2 in a week or so will be worth as much of your time!

  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 12:11 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Thank you K

I enjoyed that very much

You made some trully wonderful and deep abstruse observations

I remember coming back to my lonely hotel room (now a quareteen hotel btw) and being completly bummed out by some unknown bozo on set list vision who poo pooed what i had just witnessed

You complete neutralise his thoughtlessly words now - thank you 

 

Seven years to the day later (in Auckland and UK time), here's the second half the Auckland 2014 story. Enjoy!

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2021/03/02/bruce-springsteen-live-downloads-review-march-2nd-2014-auckland-nz-mt-smart-stadium/ 

2014_03_02-auckland-nz.jpg-1500.jpg?w=13

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Seven years to the day later (in Auckland and UK time), here's the second half the Auckland 2014 story. Enjoy!

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2021/03/02/bruce-springsteen-live-downloads-review-march-2nd-2014-auckland-nz-mt-smart-stadium/ 

2014_03_02-auckland-nz.jpg-1500.jpg?w=13

Thank you our dear psudo-Italian freind 

I look forward to reading this latter tonight (can rush there things)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...