Greasy Lake Community

A Definitive Guide to Springsteen's Archive Series

11 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Thank you both very much! 

I've got more Springsteen write-ups coming up and planned. The Best of The River Tour 2016 - 17 part 2 should be out soon enough. 

You're welcome. I'm always interested to read other takes on the archive shows. Apart from anything else, it will help me decide come the next Nugs sale!

• Like 1

I enjoy reading these reviews.  Has helped me a few times on which shows to purchase.  When you write-up The Best of the River Tour 2016-17, hope you include one of the Pittsburgh shows.  Those were my first 2 Springsteen shows and they were magical.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tim1218 said:

I enjoy reading these reviews.  Has helped me a few times on which shows to purchase.  When you write-up The Best of the River Tour 2016-17, hope you include one of the Pittsburgh shows.  Those were my first 2 Springsteen shows and they were magical.

If I've been able to help, then writing these have definitely been worth doing. I'm really pleased you've enjoyed what you've read as well!

I've already got part 1 of The Best of the River Tour 2016-17 out there - https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2018/08/01/the-best-of-the-river-tour-2016-17-january-to-april-2016/ 

Part 1 focuses on the shows from the 1st full River leg of the tour and while I didn't include Pittsburgh (I've explained why practically straight away) there's a very good chance the 2nd show from September will be recommended in part 3. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nicola said:

Great work !!!

5 hours ago, Nicola said:

maybe ... London 1981 is 10/10... my opinion :P

Thank you for reading! I feel like that rating is going to be controversial for a very long time hahah.

All subjective of course, and me rating it 9.75/10 should not sway anyone from getting the show, it should sway them towards getting it. It's a great rating for a great show. 

33 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

Hey, Paolo/Kieran—an unsolicited suggestion: you might want to add a feature, like your overviews, that list the Must Haves, for new listeners, to have an idea where to start. (Although that might kneecap your overviews, so maybe not.)

Firstly, massive shock seeing what is definitely not my real name :ph34r: posted on here :lol:

Secondly, good idea. I'll do a bit of editing when I can and add a little note besides the ratings (i.e. /10 = Must have, highly recommended etc.)

Hey Paolo did you review any 2017 shows? my most listened to in recent weeks is 2017-02-04 Melbourne, was looking to see what you wrote about it but couldn't find it. 

24 minutes ago, Badlands_89 said:

Hey Paolo did you review any 2017 shows? my most listened to in recent weeks is 2017-02-04 Melbourne, was looking to see what you wrote about it but couldn't find it. 

Haven't reviewed any yet but I'll be talking about a good few that are on my shortlist in Part 4 of The River Tour guide. I don't think Feb 4th is on there, but I know Feb 2nd is - really liked that one. I'll have to give the show two nights later another couple of listens. 

How's it going?

If you're interested, here's Part 2 of The Best of The River Tour 2016 - 17: May July: https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2018/08/14/the-best-of-the-river-tour-2016-17-may-to-july-2016/

Here I've recommended what I believe to be the best shows from the European leg of the 2016 tour. 

Next up, the best of The River Tour from the 2nd North American Leg. 

I love you included The Hague, a truly epic show! Only an artist of Springsteen’s stature can top a show like that multiple times on the same tour. The guy’s a marvel. If it turns out to be my last E-Street show it would be such a beautiful closing chapter to me.

• Like 1